SportsWrath

Eli to stay in NJ to Workout this offseason

Guest Lockhart

Guest Lockhart
if a team was willing to take Shockey in exchange for there pick, and that would put us into position to select Hawk, only a dumb man would not make this move...

I agree, but if the Giants trade Shockey to the Miami Dolphins, where will he work-out?

Because he's as sick of these two guys as we all are. At the very least Eli understands the meaning of team be it voluntary or not. You kno as well as I know that there are many things in this world that are voluntary.However if you are invited and choose not to "volunteer" the repracussions are never positive.

Quite frankly if these two guys are important pieces of the puzzle they should be there. Now Willie Joe being in Miami has no concern what so ever because he will be a bit player this year, if that.

Evidently, your partaking of excessive doses of FAG 4 Kool Aid, dye. I'm sure you don't really believe half of the drivel that you post, but I guess your need to be accepted by that group of losers overshadows common sense. To each his own.....

Guest Lockhart
Because he's as sick of these two guys as we all are. At the very least Eli understands the meaning of team be it voluntary or not. You kno as well as I know that there are many things in this world that are voluntary.However if you are invited and choose not to "volunteer" the repracussions are never positive.

Quite frankly if these two guys are important pieces of the puzzle they should be there. Now Willie Joe being in Miami has no concern what so ever because he will be a bit player this year, if that.

Exactly right and the Giants cannot let Shockey and Plaxico's poor attitude affect the team and the offense. Eli and the Giants will move on and Shockey and Plaxico become perimeter players, while those that show up and work hard are the core players. You don't see Patriot or Steeler players skipping workouts - that's why they win Super Bowls.

voluntary or not, there are things that need to be worked out, and if proof is anything, the time spent in Albany last off-season together was not enough time to prepare for the start of the season...it is imperative that they get on the same page as quickly as possible...I for one want these Giants marching into the season by week 1 like a well oiled machine, not working out kinks when it counts...

a pro-bowl player that declines not to participate in workouts or the pro-bowl...what a neat guy

Yeah cause Shock was the first guy to turn down the Probowl due to injury :rolleyes:

Why would you trade the known for the un-known? It makes no sense....Lets trade a perennial pro bowler for a guy who hasn't even been drafted yet? Yeah You guys are smart :rolleyes:

Guest Carbo
Why would you trade the known for the un-known?
Because we already know all we want to know about "the known". Fabio, uh, Jeremy, has already shown he is more interested in himself, rather than the team.

Guest Lockhart
Exactly right and the Giants cannot let Shockey and Plaxico's poor attitude affect the team and the offense. Eli and the Giants will move on and Shockey and Plaxico become perimeter players, while those that show up and work hard are the core players. You don't see Patriot or Steeler players skipping workouts - that's why they win Super Bowls.

No question you are right, but now it is clear that Plaxico and Shockey will never listen to reason and never be the players the Giants were hoping - time to move with those that DO want to improve. Shockey and Plaxico are in it for the money only - that much we all know now.

Guest Floyd The Barber
Yeah cause Shock was the first guy to turn down the Probowl due to injury :rolleyes:

Why would you trade the known for the un-known? It makes no sense....Lets trade a perennial pro bowler for a guy who hasn't even been drafted yet? Yeah You guys are smart :rolleyes:

id roll the dice if it means acquiring a LB that can define the position for years and set our defense up with a centerpiece...

TE's are easy to come by...Shockey is no game changer...he never was, maybe during his rookie season, but now defenders know how to contain him...just get in his face and his entire game is thrown off...he'd rather fight with the referees calls while the play is live than play to the whistle...

package this guy up and ship him out...

id roll the dice if it means acquiring a LB that can define the position for years and set our defense up with a centerpiece...

TE's are easy to come by...Shockey is no game changer...he never was, maybe during his rookie season, but now defenders know how to contain him...just get in his face and his entire game is thrown off...he'd rather fight with the referees calls while the play is live than play to the whistle...

package this guy up and ship him out...

<_< You just keep repeating the same bull shit..... <_<

No question you are right, but now it is clear that Plaxico and Shockey will never listen to reason and never be the players the Giants were hoping - time to move with those that DO want to improve. Shockey and Plaxico are in it for the money only - that much we all know now.

Its pretty bad when you can even keep your identities in check...

:LMAO:You Quoted your self thinking you were Carbo God your dumb :LMAO:

This might help them out :TU:

Voluntary \Vol"un*ta*ry\, a. L. voluntarius, fr. voluntas will, choice, from the root of velle to will, p. pr. volens; akin to E. will: cf. F. volontaire, Of. also voluntaire. See Will, v. t., and cf. Benevolent, Volition, Volunteer.

1. Proceeding from the will; produced in or by an act of choice.

That sin or guilt pertains exclusively to voluntary action is the true principle of orthodoxy. --N. W. Taylor.

2. Unconstrained by the interference of another; unimpelled by the influence of another; not prompted or persuaded by another; done of his or its own accord; spontaneous; acting of one's self, or of itself; free

the one thing that is dissappointing is 98 % of the team goes to these

voluntary work outs but not those 3 (plax shockey and joseph).

So 99% of the team will make the effort on their own time to

strive for excellence but the other 3 dont feel that way by their actions.

slackers !!!!!! :ph34r:

Guest Lockhart

...and next season when Eli is missing Plaxico and Shockey on patterns and those two are throwing their hands into the air and showing great displeasure with the passing game, they will have noone else to blame but themselves.

I wonder who (on our active roster, sells the most jerseys)? I'll bet it's #80. I'll also bet that being sent to the Pro Bowl in each (except one) of his years with our team ensures that he's not going anywhere.

I have never seen less football accumen than is posted on this MB by the author of this thread.

You sir are a bafoon.

Guest Floyd The Barber
I wonder who (on our active roster, sells the most jerseys)? I'll bet it's #80. I'll also bet that being sent to the Pro Bowl in each (except one) of his years with our team ensures that he's not going anywhere.

I have never seen less football accumen than is posted on this MB by the author of this thread.

You sir are a bafoon.

what does this have to do with the fact that Shockey and Plaxico 's refusal to get on the same page ASAP as Eli ??

Guest Floyd The Barber
Another day another garbage thread...

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93238

I swear if we looked at threads last year as this time they would be identical.

Seriously what to you get out of this...pathetic..

unfortunately, this is current NYG news...if you cant handle it i suggest you do not visit the site...this is a re-occuring theme now, for season #2...we all saw what happened to the Eli / Shockey relationship as the season wore on...i will not get into it again...there is a major importance in "voluntary" workouts...i guess Shockey and Plaxico are just too stupid to understand...

Working out with the team is not and has not been a pre-requisite of team or any team throughout an off-season.

Free agency has ensured that people keep there homebase wherever they call home or whever there's a tax advatage.

I don't recall hearing about other tandems being together all off season.

I mean look at it objectively, this MB engages with you each and every day (inside and outside of the season) and your posts continually suck. I don't see what being together all the time would do to rectify the fact that you're not very intelligent about football.

I also don't think you need months of time to get timing down. Eli's paying attention to his footwork and that will be a huge difference for us.

Guest nosebleed

Toomer has joined the usual suspects, must be angry:

Sam Madison (AP Photo)

BY ARTHUR STAPLE

Newsday Staff Writer

March 29, 2006

Gibril Wilson, likely the last 2005 starter left standing for the Giants' secondary, said the message was received.

How could he and the few defensive-back holdovers - second-year players Corey Webster and James Butler and reserves Curtis DeLoatch and Frank Walker - not know now that Tom Coughlin expected better of his secondary?

All Wilson had to do was look around the corner in the locker room and see the three new faces, lined up side by side by side. Sam Madison occupies Will Allen's old locker. R.W. McQuarters, wearing Allen's No. 25, is adjacent. Will Demps, Wilson's likely partner at starting safety, is next.

Then there are the secondary meetings, guided by position coach Peter Giunta, who replaced Ron Milus shortly after a season in which the Giants allowed 224 passing yards a game, 27th in the league.

"Last year, we didn't play the way we should have the whole season," Wilson said. "We have to put that on us, the guys that are still here. It's a whole new secondary now and the sky's the limit."

Madison, a nine-year cornerback with the Dolphins, has already assumed some of the leadership Brent Alexander had the last two seasons. With Allen gone and Will Peterson rehabbing his back in Phoenix, Madison is the leader almost by default, and he welcomes the role.

"I hope I can bring some of the things I've done in the past to a team that's been hurting at that position," Madison said. "I was one of the guys they wanted here from the first day to bring that leadership, that competitiveness. It feels good."

Madison said he was eager to jump into the offseason program so he could become better acquainted with his new teammates.

McQuarters figures to be a nickel- and dime-package corner and a candidate for kick returner. "I can play anywhere," he said. "And don't rule out offense, either. That's not being cocky, that's confidence."

Demps, at 25 the youngest of the prime free-agent acquisitions, is also confident he will not have to miss any time this offseason despite surgery on a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee on Dec. 1.

"They might hold me back, but for me, I'm going to push myself as hard as I can," said Demps, a four-year starter with the Ravens.

Notes & quotes: Among the usual missing suspects from the first eight days of workouts -- TE Jeremy Shockey, WR Plaxico Burress and DT William Joseph -- was WR Amani Toomer, who was likely not pleased when the Giants made a substantial offer to Keyshawn Johnson last weekend ... DE Justin Tuck played some tackle last season in pass-rushing situations and was very effective. He said teammates have kidded him that he may see more time at DT now that Kendrick Clancy is gone and no one has been signed. "I don't think that's where we're leading to, but who knows?" Tuck said. "If that's what they see for me, then I'm all for it."

...and next season when Eli is missing Plaxico and Shockey on patterns and those two are throwing their hands into the air and showing great displeasure with the passing game, they will have noone else to blame but themselves.

Its pretty bad when you can even keep your identities in check...

:LMAO:You Quoted your self thinking you were Carbo God your dumb :LMAO:

Stop talking o your self

Guest nosebleed
whats the point of Joseph going down there ?? he sucks no matter where he trains

I doubt he is in Miami. I thought he was starting a new Food Network program, Big Fat Disgusting Useless Football Players Find The Perfect Buffet.

Guest Floyd The Barber

not only is he a mutant on the football field and in the weight room, could you imagine this guy showing up at Shockey's apartment at night to go out in Southbeach ?? the doorman must say, welcome Mr. Shockey, but your driver has to remain in the car...

what does this have to do with the fact that Shockey and Plaxico 's refusal to get on the same page ASAP as Eli ??

First, Shockey does perform thusly noted by his consitant vote to the PB.

Second, since you don't watch football, you may have missed the recent talks on the player/ownership situation. Teams are looking to make money any way possible and merchandising is critical to revenue. The team will also live largely on sponsorhip deals and this will be dictated by their distinctiveness, marketability, success rate, and desity of their viewing population. Shock is integral to that as well as a bit of our on the field success.

This is more babble from one guy, signing in with a number of identities and then writing very poorly thought-out thoughts repeatedly.

I'm embarrassed for you.