SportsWrath

Eli to stay in NJ to Workout this offseason

Guest Lockhart

yes these workouts are voluntary but everyone knows that the one thing that needs to be worked on between these 3 is timing and tendancies...you cant work on that in the film room...if you feel any differently about this entire situation you dont understand the ethics and conduct of athletes...this is putting yourself above the team and it creates vibes...dont think for a moment everyone understands and feels this way from top to bottom

When did you become the expert on the ethics and conduct of athletes? From hanging around the Giants Stadium mens rooms with lockfag? :LMAO::TU:

Evidently, Plax and Shockey not being at VOLUNTARY workouts bothers lockfag more than Eli. According to the NY Times, Eli is not concerned, because they played together last season and it won't take as long this year to get on the same page when MANDATORY workouts begin. You can find the link yourselves. I'm sure lockfag will be sure to ignore it. :LMAO:

:confused: WOW I never relized that there is a diferance between Mandatory and Voluntary :confused:

Thanks for pointing that out....Hey Maybe the Fag 4 will relize that too ;)

Guest Lockhart

One has to wonder at this point if Shockey and Plaxico are not showing up because Eli is the QB. Shockey and Plaxico had a terrible last half of the 2005 season, yet don't seem compelled to fix the problems that existed between themselves and Eli..........perhaps that is purposeful. While every other receiver in the NFL is now working out with their respective QBs, Shockey and Plaxico stand alone as two that REFUSE to workout with Eli - Why? During games next season when Eli goes to audibles it will be VOLUNTARY which pattern he calls, and even when dropping back it is VOLUNTARY which receiver gets the ball. It is at those moments in time that QBs look for the Receiver(s) that they know the best and threw hundreds of passes to in the off season............not the two that were sunning in Florida. These two dolts in Miami are not just hurting the Giants they are hurting themselves - when they realize this it will be too late.

yes these workouts are voluntary but everyone knows that the one thing that needs to be worked on between these 3 is timing and tendancies...you cant work on that in the film room...if you feel any differently about this entire situation you dont understand the ethics and conduct of athletes...this is putting yourself above the team and it creates vibes...dont think for a moment everyone understands and feels this way from top to bottom

If these work outs are so detrimental to team development...then why are they called VOLUNTARY :confused:

Guest Carbo
This might help them out :TU:

Voluntary \Vol"un*ta*ry\, a. L. voluntarius, fr. voluntas will, choice, from the root of velle to will, p. pr. volens; akin to E. will: cf. F. volontaire, Of. also voluntaire. See Will, v. t., and cf. Benevolent, Volition, Volunteer.

1. Proceeding from the will; produced in or by an act of choice.

That sin or guilt pertains exclusively to voluntary action is the true principle of orthodoxy. --N. W. Taylor.

2. Unconstrained by the interference of another; unimpelled by the influence of another; not prompted or persuaded by another; done of his or its own accord; spontaneous; acting of one's self, or of itself; free

I guess you guys didnt see this post :confused:
No, we all saw it and agreed it was worthy of ignoring. Let me ask you something. If Eli decided to skip the voluntary practices, you'd be OK with that?

Guest Nutty Sack

As I've been consistantly advocating it appears more likely that SHockey is setting himself up for a trade and the Giants should act quickly before the ineviatble occurs. That is....a Drew Rosenhaud power play of some sort and two, an injury which leaves the Giants in the lurch.

New Orleans or Tennesse should be approached so we can get our man AJ Hawk......I've had enough of this act and all true Giant fans should feel the same way.

Guest Lockhart
No, we all saw it and agreed it was worthy of ignoring. Let me ask you something. If Eli decided to skip the voluntary practices, you'd be OK with that?

Only the malcontents are skipping this practice - Eli may not be that good, but he is trying, just as the rest of the Giant team. Shockey and Plaxico just don't care. If you look at all the really good teams, all the players are attending the workouts - they don't put up with headcases like Shockey and Plaxico.

Guest Carbo
As I've been consistantly advocating it appears more likely that SHockey is setting himself up for a trade and the Giants should act quickly before the ineviatble occurs. That is....a Drew Rosenhaud power play of some sort and two, an injury which leaves the Giants in the lurch.

New Orleans or Tennesse should be approached so we can get our man AJ Hawk......I've had enough of this act and all true Giant fans should feel the same way.

Not to mention there are one or two stud TE's available in this year's draft. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, Jeremy.

Guest Nutty Sack

Funny how all these right wing liberals have no response to this one .........

You're becoming as stupid as lockfag, dye. never happen. Stick to banking and stay away from the predicting. Leave that to lockfag. He's never right. And I'm glad you are not representative of true Giants fans. You and your queer gang are true anti-Giants fans.

Guest Nutty Sack
You're becoming as stupid as lockfag, dye. never happen. Stick to banking and stay away from the predicting. Leave that to lockfag. He's never right. And I'm glad you are not representative of true Giants fans. You and your queer gang are true anti-Giants fans.

Come on Rely lets be sensible. If AJ Hawk turns out to be the player all the experts are predicting, I'd trade Shockey in a heart beat.

Guest Nutty Sack
I wouldnt trade a Pro Bowl Player for some one who has never played in the NFL

A Pro Bowl player who is consistantly hurt ?? Being chosen for the Pro Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest anyway. Lets get AJ !!!

Guest Lockhart
Honestly, it wouldn't bother me. After all, they are VOLUNTARY workouts.

Eli and Coughlin both specifically asked Plaxico and Shockey to attend these workouts - the two malcontents refused - I can bet it bothers Eli and Coughlin and those two decide how many passes these Plaxico and Shockey will get in 2006. They wouldn't have been asked to attend if it weren't important to Eli and the team. Eli is trying to do a little damage control, by telling the media it isn't a big deal - it is and Plaxico and Shockey will suffer the consequences of their actions.

A Pro Bowl player who is consistantly hurt ?? Being chosen for the Pro Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest anyway. Lets get AJ !!!

Constantly hurt? Please, dye. lockfag's ignorance seems to be rubbing off on you. He's missed 7 games in three seasons. I don't think that qualifies as constantly. Six of the games were in one season, due to a serious foot injury. He's not the first and only player to get injured. Football is a contact sport, after all. BTW, speaking of ignoring a post, how come none of you guys responded to the fact that Eli said that Shock and Plax not being at VOLUNTARY workouts doesn't bother him this year? The silence is deafening, isn't it?

Guest Floyd The Barber
If these work outs are so detrimental to team development...then why are they called VOLUNTARY :confused:

voluntary or not, there are things that need to be worked out, and if proof is anything, the time spent in Albany last off-season together was not enough time to prepare for the start of the season...it is imperative that they get on the same page as quickly as possible...I for one want these Giants marching into the season by week 1 like a well oiled machine, not working out kinks when it counts...

I wouldnt trade a Pro Bowl Player for some one who has never played in the NFL

a pro-bowl player that declines not to participate in workouts or the pro-bowl...what a neat guy

Guest Carbo
BTW, speaking of ignoring a post, how come none of you guys responded to the fact that Eli said that Shock and Plax not being at VOLUNTARY workouts doesn't bother him this year? The silence is deafening, isn't it?
Actually, that was addressed by Lockhart. Eli is spinning some damage control to try and play the issue down.

Guest Floyd The Barber

if a team was willing to take Shockey in exchange for there pick, and that would put us into position to select Hawk, only a dumb man would not make this move...

Guest Nutty Sack
Constantly hurt? Please, dye. lockfag's ignorance seems to be rubbing off on you. He's missed 7 games in three seasons. I don't think that qualifies as constantly. Six of the games were in one season, due to a serious foot injury. He's not the first and only player to get injured. Football is a contact sport, after all. BTW, speaking of ignoring a post, how come none of you guys responded to the fact that Eli said that Shock and Plax not being at VOLUNTARY workouts doesn't bother him this year? The silence is deafening, isn't it?

Because he's as sick of these two guys as we all are. At the very least Eli understands the meaning of team be it voluntary or not. You kno as well as I know that there are many things in this world that are voluntary.However if you are invited and choose not to "volunteer" the repracussions are never positive.

Quite frankly if these two guys are important pieces of the puzzle they should be there. Now Willie Joe being in Miami has no concern what so ever because he will be a bit player this year, if that.