SportsWrath

Eli to stay in NJ to Workout this offseason

Guest Lockhart

Guest Lockhart

It's good to see that Eli is moving on without these two - let them stay in Miami - Time for Eli to become the team leader snd work with those that WANT to be Giants.

Eliin NJ

Manning decides to work in Jersey

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

BY MIKE GARAFOLO

Star-Ledger Staff

Giants quarterback Eli Manning won't be joining tight end Jeremy Shockey and wide receiver Plaxico Burress in Miami. Instead, he'll be staying in East Rutherford for the next couple of months.

"I just don't think it's going to work out. It's probably not the best way," Manning said yesterday during the team's off-season workout. "I need to be here. I'm doing my weight training (here). This is where my coaches are, my meetings are (and) where I can get my footwork drills, my film work and everything that I need.

"It's probably easier for me to be here."

At this time last year, Manning publicly nudged Shockey to leave his former Hurricane teammates and return to Giants Stadium so the two could begin working on their timing. Burress, who played at Michigan State but was invited to train at Miami, then joined Shockey for some pleasant-weather training in the early spring.

Knowing his top two targets would again be working out in Florida this off-season, Manning was considering flying down for a week or so. His brother, Peyton, the Colts quarterback, told reporters at the Super Bowl he suggested Eli go there.

But Manning has decided to remain at Giants Stadium. And he said working with Shockey and Burress isn't as necessary as last year when he was preparing for his first season as a starter.

"I really wanted to get with those guys -- with Shockey -- to get a base and get familiar with him before my first season as the starting quarterback," Manning said. "This year, we have a good feel. We need to improve on things, but we'll have time during our OTAs (organized team activities) and our minicamp to get our timing down, get on the same page and get better than we were last year."

Two days after the NFL restored the title of "The Duke" to all game balls, a voice vote authored by U.S. Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-New Jersey) was passed by the House of Representatives to express condolence and recognize the contributions of late Giants co-owner Wellington Mara.

"I have long admired the selfless way that Wellington Mara lived his life, and shaped the NFL," Pascrell said. "This resolution is a national gesture that's a fitting token of appreciation for a great American."

CB Curtis Deloatch and S Gibril Wilson were among the top 25 recipients of additional compensation under the NFL's "Performance Based Pay" system -- the league's way of compensating players who get more playing time than expected. Deloatch was eighth on the list and received $221,005 while Wilson was 18th and was paid $207,549.

Rumson native Rob Petitti, the Cowboys' sixth-round pick last year who started all 16 games at right tackle, topped the list and received an additional $271,287.

LB Chase Blackburn, who suffered a scary neck injury against the Redskins on Christmas Eve, said doctors recently told him he is back to 100 percent. However, LB Reggie Torbor is still battling a hamstring injury that kept him out of the final regular-season game and the playoff loss to the Panthers. Torbor expects to be fully recovered by training camp.

Finally, Eli is acting like a has a set - Let Shockey and Plaxico stay in Miami as Eli can work with Toomer, Tiki, Carter, Shiancoe, Tyree and others. Meanwhile Witten, Cooley and all the other receivers in the NFL will be with their QBs, working out, watching tape , and in a few weeks running routes, while Plaxico and Shockey are attending fashion shows in South Beach. I hope Shockey likes blocking and Plaxico likes decoy routes.

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Floyd The Barber

on the bright side its nice to see Eli finally showing some intestinal fortitude and making a statement by remaining with his EMPLOYER during the off-season workouts...he can bond and grow with the likes of the teamates that chose to be with the team...his coaches are here, his meetings are here, and his film work is up here...

its ridiculous that people can support the antics Shockey and Burress are pulling staying down in Miami and being defiant...the only thing that was distugusting clear last year was how off the timing was between these 3...and Shockey couldnt even play a full season anyway...

its time to move forward and put Toomer back at #1, where he deserves to be and have closed door meetings with Carter and Taylor and make it clear to them that they will be heavily depended on this season and EXPECTED to play...

ive had enough of those 2 kids down in Miami

Guest Lockhart
on the bright side its nice to see Eli finally showing some intestinal fortitude and making a statement by remaining with his EMPLOYER during the off-season workouts...he can bond and grow with the likes of the teamates that chose to be with the team...his coaches are here, his meetings are here, and his film work is up here...

its ridiculous that people can support the antics Shockey and Burress are pulling staying down in Miami and being defiant...the only thing that was distugusting clear last year was how off the timing was between these 3...and Shockey couldnt even play a full season anyway...

its time to move forward and put Toomer back at #1, where he deserves to be and have closed door meetings with Carter and Taylor and make it clear to them that they will be heavily depended on this season and EXPECTED to play...

ive had enough of those 2 kids down in Miami

Toomer was the number one receiver for the last half of 2005 and now will be so in the future. Eli cannot be held hostage by the infantile antics of Shockey and Plaxico - let them stay in Miami. eli can now concentrate on his game and those that really want to be NY Giants. TO-White TO-Lite are wearing out their welcome as Giant players.

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Floyd The Barber

the more i think about it, the more i feel that YES the NYG FO will back door us in this years draft, by hanging Shockey out there as bait for some tastey draft picks...im all for it...let some other team have him, in return we can get a high rounded pick or 2...

you have to move people when they are at there most marketable...let him go

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Maybe someday you two morons will grow a sack. Never mind, will never happen. Still don't know the meaning of the word VOLUNTARY, do you? :LMAO:

This might help them out :TU:

Voluntary \Vol"un*ta*ry\, a. L. voluntarius, fr. voluntas will, choice, from the root of velle to will, p. pr. volens; akin to E. will: cf. F. volontaire, Of. also voluntaire. See Will, v. t., and cf. Benevolent, Volition, Volunteer.

1. Proceeding from the will; produced in or by an act of choice.

That sin or guilt pertains exclusively to voluntary action is the true principle of orthodoxy. --N. W. Taylor.

2. Unconstrained by the interference of another; unimpelled by the influence of another; not prompted or persuaded by another; done of his or its own accord; spontaneous; acting of one's self, or of itself; free

Guest Lockhart
the more i think about it, the more i feel that YES the NYG FO will back door us in this years draft, by hanging Shockey out there as bait for some tastey draft picks...im all for it...let some other team have him, in return we can get a high rounded pick or 2...

they have to be fed up with this continued childish behaior of skipping th eoff season workouts. One would think Shockey would have matuired by now - he hasn't - while Plaxico quit on the Giants, Eli and Coughlin as the season ended - both are more than expendable. While every other Reciever in the NFL reports to these workouts, those two malcontents continue to ignore the pleas of Eli and Coughlin. The weakminded and lazy point out these workouts are voluntary, yet Shockey and Plaxico are the only two starting receivers to skip them - cancers - both of them.

Edited by Lockhart

You don't say, Barney. Is lockfag schooling you in the art of making wrong predictions? :LMAO:

Guest Floyd The Barber

those who were ever part of any sort of atheltic team/program knew damn well that voluntary meant get your ass there...espcially when people were clearly not on the same page the prior season...Shock. and Plax. are not LT, and do not deserve special treatment...the only way to work on timing is repitition...i dont understand how that can be done with 2 parties being over 700 miles apart...

Voluntary \Vol"un*ta*ry\, a. L. voluntarius, fr. voluntas will, choice, from the root of velle to will, p. pr. volens; akin to E. will: cf. F. volontaire, Of. also voluntaire. See Will, v. t., and cf. Benevolent, Volition, Volunteer.

That sin or guilt pertains exclusively to voluntary action is the true principle of orthodoxy. --N. W. Taylor.

2. Unconstrained by the interference of another; unimpelled by the influence of another; not prompted or persuaded by another; done of his or its own accord; spontaneous; acting of one's self, or of itself; free

I guess you guys didnt see this post :confused:

Guest Floyd The Barber

i am being to side with Eli on this one...he may not be the best QB, but its not helping his development by having his starting WR and TE at workouts with him...

how the organization allows this monkey business to go on is beyond me after investing so much money in our QB...

those who were ever part of any sort of atheltic team/program knew damn well that voluntary meant get your ass there...espcially when people were clearly not on the same page the prior season...Shock. and Plax. are not LT, and do not deserve special treatment...the only way to work on timing is repitition...i dont understand how that can be done with 2 parties being over 700 miles apart...

Well now a days with the internet, cell phones, and conference calls it easier then ever :clap:

Guest Lockhart

No question - anyone who was on a REAL athletic team would know that Shockey and Plaxico have no excuse for not being in NJ with their teammates. Marvin Harrison and ALL the other NFL receivers are showing up, yet Shockey and Plaxico hold themselves more important than their teammates and the team.

It is time the Giants get players that WANT to improve and WANT to help the Giants win - not those that don't want to be bothered working out.

Hey guys just read it,

Guest Floyd The Barber
No question - anyone who was on a REAL athletic team would know that Shockey and Plaxico have no excuse for not being in NJ with their teammates. Marvin Harrison and ALL the other NFL receivers are showing up, yet Shockey and Plaxico hold themselves more important than their teammates and the team.

It is time the Giants get players that WANT to improve and WANT to help the Giants win - not those that don't want to be bothered working out.

i cannot expect the majority of arm chair athletes that post on this board to understand what it is like to be part of any kind of NCAA or Professional Athletic program and understand the ethics and conduct of an athlete...but this growing sentiment that these Miami antics are good for the team are nonsense...

Eli couldnt hit Plax. or Shock. if his life depended on it at seasons conclusion...they need to be together practicing, and they need to be with the entire team...i am sure stallworths like Tiki, Strahan and Pierce have opinoins of those 2 misfits and they are not good...

:TU:

Guest Lockhart
Hey guys just read it,

Yes and all the other WRs and TEs read this , yet they do report to VOLUNTARY off season wrokouts - why do they? .............because they are TRUE professionals and want to improve the team and win. Shockey and Plaxico care only for themselves. I think its great that now they are exposed for what they are - Eli sees it and he is moving on without them. Eli is the offensive leader and he can't let the infantile behavior of two malcontents hurt the entire team. These two disappeared the last half of the season anyway - the Giants are moving on with what they have in camp and will build the offense around those participating. Shockey and Plaxico will catch some passes, but now they are just hired guns and no longer a real part of the Giant offense or the Giant team - They are now the Giants "TOs" - to be tolerated and used when necessary, but never fully trusted.

Interesting - what other Giant players aren't attending?.................................

Edited by Lockhart

Look I highlighted part of it for you....It turns out that VOLUNTARY mean choice......Like you blowing Carbo / Barber is VOLUNTARY...Meaning you dont have to but you sure do enjoy it :TU:

Guest Lockhart
Look I highlighted part of it for you....It turns out that VOLUNTARY mean choice......Like you blowing Carbo / Barber is VOLUNTARY...Meaning you dont have to but you sure do enjoy it :TU:

Poor excuse of profesional athletes - I see every other WR and TE in the NFC East is reporting to their respective off season workouts - why isn't TO-White and TO-Lite? Great teammates they are - never to be trusted by Eli or the Giants again.

Evidently, Plax and Shockey not being at VOLUNTARY workouts bothers lockfag more than Eli. According to the NY Times, Eli is not concerned, because they played together last season and it won't take as long this year to get on the same page when MANDATORY workouts begin. You can find the link yourselves. I'm sure lockfag will be sure to ignore it. :LMAO:

Look I highlighted part of it for you....It turns out that VOLUNTARY mean choice......Like you blowing Carbo / Barber is VOLUNTARY...Meaning you dont have to but you sure do enjoy it

Poor excuse of profesional athletes - I see every other WR and TE in the NFC East is reporting to their respective off season workouts - why isn't TO-White and TO-Lite? Great teammates they are - never to be trusted by Eli or the Giants again.

So your not arguing the fact that you blow Carbo / Barber :confused: Dont you think thats kinda gay

Guest Floyd The Barber

yes these workouts are voluntary but everyone knows that the one thing that needs to be worked on between these 3 is timing and tendancies...you cant work on that in the film room...if you feel any differently about this entire situation you dont understand the ethics and conduct of athletes...this is putting yourself above the team and it creates vibes...dont think for a moment everyone understands and feels this way from top to bottom