SportsWrath

Just a few Observations from and old Fan

Martin

1) Giants stadium Wind IS and issue for Eli. (he better get out there and practice)

On his interview on Giants .COM he says it is not but there are issues there.

2) Not having a star receiver that demands lots of attention is huge for Eli and the offense. ( Free Agency!)

3) Gilbride is a terrible OC and was lucky last year.

(I have never liked his uninspired play calling from day 1)

4) The giants with all their talent at RB and Oline cannot muster up any effective screens passes and Eli has

very little touch on the football with that part of the game. (this needs to improve big time)

5) The LB core is good against the Run but very mediocre on the pass. Upgrades are in order. LB's can be better.

6) The Giants must keep Spags at all cost! Offer him anything he wants to stay.

7) If the Giants get a good OC (not even great) that would have a dramatic effect on the offense's

production. Our current OC cannot make any offensive adjustment during a game let alone a

playoff game. His feel for the game sucks!!! And I applaude Buddy Ryan!!!

8) Losing Osi made it very hard for Tuck down the stretch. (With kiwi, tuck and Osi we have some very talented DE's)

9) With a few changes here I see the Giants competiting again in the playoffs and winning another S-Bowl.

and lastly 10) Losing to the Eagles sucks and the feeling never changes after 40 + years

Note: We still have a lot of talent on this team and there is a great future ahead for us Giants fans.

1) Giants stadium Wind IS and issue for Eli. (he better get out there and practice)

On his interview on Giants .COM he says it is not but there are issues there.

2) Not having a star receiver that demands lots of attention is huge for Eli and the offense. ( Free Agency!)

3) Gilbride is a terrible OC and was lucky last year.

(I have never liked his uninspired play calling from day 1)

4) The giants with all their talent at RB and Oline cannot muster up any effective screens passes and Eli has

very little touch on the football with that part of the game. (this needs to improve big time)

5) The LB core is good against the Run but very mediocre on the pass. Upgrades are in order. LB's can be better.

6) The Giants must keep Spags at all cost! Offer him anything he wants to stay.

7) If the Giants get a good OC (not even great) that would have a dramatic effect on the offense's

production. Our current OC cannot make any offensive adjustment during a game let alone a

playoff game. His feel for the game sucks!!! And I applaude Buddy Ryan!!!

8) Losing Osi made it very hard for Tuck down the stretch. (With kiwi, tuck and Osi we have some very talented DE's)

9) With a few changes here I see the Giants competiting again in the playoffs and winning another S-Bowl.

and lastly 10) Losing to the Eagles sucks and the feeling never changes after 40 + years

Note: We still have a lot of talent on this team and there is a great future ahead for us Giants fans.

I agree with everything you said, sir. I'm new to the site after migrating from the original Giants message board. The level of debate and intelligence on there is lacking and I can't take it any longer. I have heard this site is more rational with a higher level of discussion(i.e. every topic isn't about the merit of Eli Manning). I'm hoping that is the case.

Looking towards next year, I think linebacker is the number one priority on defense in next years draft and free agency. A player who displays good athleticism and isn't a liability in coverage is a must for next season. Offensively, I don't think it needs to be stated again but wide receiver has to be addressed. I don't know what's going to happen with Burress but I believe in second chances and as long as the players on the team are supportive and want Plaxico back on the team, I certainly would not have any objections. Granted, this hinges largely on his legal situation and what the NFL is going to do in terms of a possible suspension. Either way, there are plenty of pieces in place for another chance at a championship next year. A talented offensive line with great chemistry. Hopefully Osi will return at full strength and with Tuck and Kiwi they can regain the form they displayed in '07. A very good corner in Webster is locked up long term. Re-sign Jacobs and go from there.

I agree with everything you said, sir. I'm new to the site after migrating from the original Giants message board. The level of debate and intelligence on there is lacking and I can't take it any longer. I have heard this site is more rational with a higher level of discussion(i.e. every topic isn't about the merit of Eli Manning). I'm hoping that is the case.

Looking towards next year, I think linebacker is the number one priority on defense in next years draft and free agency. A player who displays good athleticism and isn't a liability in coverage is a must for next season. Offensively, I don't think it needs to be stated again but wide receiver has to be addressed. I don't know what's going to happen with Burress but I believe in second chances and as long as the players on the team are supportive and want Plaxico back on the team, I certainly would not have any objections. Granted, this hinges largely on his legal situation and what the NFL is going to do in terms of a possible suspension. Either way, there are plenty of pieces in place for another chance at a championship next year. A talented offensive line with great chemistry. Hopefully Osi will return at full strength and with Tuck and Kiwi they can regain the form they displayed in '07. A very good corner in Webster is locked up long term. Re-sign Jacobs and go from there.

Welcome Run it, glad your on board. Yeah, its crazy over on giants.com, and yes you are correct that the content is a little less ridiculous and repetitive here than over there.

I agree with what you said, except if Plax doesnt come back, a big time WR may be our 1st need. Im kind of excited to see what Goff and Kehl can do, and Blackburn came up nicely theis year. But if Plax comes back, which Im all for, then I agree go LB 1st.

Welcome.

Welcome to an adult oriented Giants fan site.....as opposed to the Junior High School level debates that go on at other sites that shall remain nameless. And you won't get blown up here because you are replying to a guy with 5000 posts to your 5. Also we touch upon the wider world at large...in the Politics and Religion section. Over there though its best to eat your Wheaties and know what you are talking about because the debates over there can be brutal. Again welcome to the site. And tell as many of your Giants buddies that you can think of to come here as well. :TU:

Hail and welcome, Mr. 2 posts! ;)

I'll add my welcome to the wagon Runit. But i need to clear some things up. First of all, I run this shit, no matter the level of stupidity i may post, it's important to agree with me and hide my inaccurate or just plain dumb comments.

Secondly, I ain't gonna go on a long negative tirade about any other site, all i will say is that on this site, with lowish number of posters, you get a level of familiarity with each other that can often times lead to things being said in a sense that we're old pals and we're sitting on the porch drinking a beer, meaning, some of these clowns are fucking brutal, but it's all in fun, and no offense is meant.

Third, it's best to ignore Boohyah's advances, wether you're a man or woman, it doesn't matter, he will send you private messages, with an emphasis on private. If you respond, you're inviting your inbox to be flooded with hundreds upon hundreds of images you simply do not want to see.

Also, while i do indeed run this shit, here is a list of intelligent, respectful posters who have a really in depth knowledge of Giants football, and who have displayed over the years the sincerity and devotion to other posters to make them feel welcome and to help them not make an ass of themselves.

1: ....we'll do the whole list thing later.

Finally, love the name, and has been a personal motto of a select few of us here. The rest have built marble statues in the image of Gillbride to place on their toilet.

I'll add my welcome to the wagon Runit. But i need to clear some things up. First of all, I run this shit, no matter the level of stupidity i may post, it's important to agree with me and hide my inaccurate or just plain dumb comments.

Secondly, I ain't gonna go on a long negative tirade about any other site, all i will say is that on this site, with lowish number of posters, you get a level of familiarity with each other that can often times lead to things being said in a sense that we're old pals and we're sitting on the porch drinking a beer, meaning, some of these clowns are fucking brutal, but it's all in fun, and no offense is meant.

Third, it's best to ignore Boohyah's advances, wether you're a man or woman, it doesn't matter, he will send you private messages, with an emphasis on private. If you respond, you're inviting your inbox to be flooded with hundreds upon hundreds of images you simply do not want to see.

Also, while i do indeed run this shit, here is a list of intelligent, respectful posters who have a really in depth knowledge of Giants football, and who have displayed over the years the sincerity and devotion to other posters to make them feel welcome and to help them not make an ass of themselves.

1: ....we'll do the whole list thing later.

Finally, love the name, and has been a personal motto of a select few of us here. The rest have built marble statues in the image of Gillbride to place on their toilet.

I should be at the top of that list. After all, Im the only one who knew Keith Elias was a TE. :P

I've gotta say...

The linebackers are easily the most unappreciated group on the Giants and they've got some pretty big shoes to fill considering the guys who played in the long history of this organization. Now I've only been seriously following (by serious I mean hanging with the rest of you living and dying with the team and diagnosing plays, penalties, drafts) the Giants for about 10 years now.

I've come to the conclusion the Giants do not put much emphasis on the pass cover abilities of their linebackers. Every year the fans ask for a linebacker that can cover and every year they are disappointed. The Giants don't even try to bring in a free agent linebacker who is better in coverage, they bring in guys who are better at getting the QB and stuffing the run.

They stick to stopping the run and sacking the QB. So instead of looking at the linebackers deficiency in coverage as a problem, focus on the lack of pressure on the QB from the linebackers that managed only 3.5 sacks this season.

I've gotta say...

The linebackers are easily the most unappreciated group on the Giants and they've got some pretty big shoes to fill considering the guys who played in the long history of this organization. Now I've only been seriously following (by serious I mean hanging with the rest of you living and dying with the team and diagnosing plays, penalties, drafts) the Giants for about 10 years now.

I've come to the conclusion the Giants do not put much emphasis on the pass cover abilities of their linebackers. Every year the fans ask for a linebacker that can cover and every year they are disappointed. The Giants don't even try to bring in a free agent linebacker who is better in coverage, they bring in guys who are better at getting the QB and stuffing the run.

They stick to stopping the run and sacking the QB. So instead of looking at the linebackers deficiency in coverage as a problem, focus on the lack of pressure on the QB from the linebackers that managed only 3.5 sacks this season.

That is and excellent point Tempest! and your LB stats are very eye opening.

We could also argue that there is no LB in the league that can cover a TE or wide out

when the QB has plenty of time which goes back to QB pressure.

We could use a very good blitzing LB that is amazing in coverage and

who can also stuff the run and will only cost 1M per year!!! :rolleyes: