SportsWrath

Thoughts on the game

xxi-xxv

Was at the game today, the crowd was lively and the weather was not that bad as for the game well.....

Stand up Gilbride detractors and take a bow, his play calling was as bad as anything I saw under Hufanagel. Throwing up 3-0 from the 13 on first down was as inexuseable a call as I have seen, until that is down 13-11 and he calls a 2nd and 5 empty backfield screen pass to Ward. To me that was the game right there. Incomprehensible as to why they did this. 2 weeks, 2 games of film to prepare and this is what we get? Maybe a change is in the offering for Gilbride simply because no one likes him, similar to Mangini on a lesser scale.

Carney, this man kicked 20 years in SD and New Orleans he is 44, he is just not equipped for these elements. It takes a certain kicker to make big kicks in this weather and he is not that. Thank you for all the 30 yard field goals you kicked this year thanks to a red zone offense that was 39 of 70 inside the 20 conversion rate. Have a nice trip to Hawaii and enjoy the family. Clearly Tynes should have been worked in more as the season went on. Cannot miss 42 and 45 yarders, they are not over 50 and those a makeable NFL kicks.

Domenick Hixon, clearly he is not a starting WR. He is a terrific PR and KR and 3rd WR when matched up on the other teams nickel cb. He is not as starter and any such talk of him in this role other than him being opposite a pro bowl caliber #1 is silly.

Antonio Pierce, I defend him because he leads, but leaders do not under any circumstance commit that facemask he did. Awful play and quite frankly as dumb as it gets. His coming back IMO is no longer a given, based on both his late season play and his involvement in well you know .....

Plaxico Burress, thanks for catching the game winning SB TD in February 2008 and thanks for being a complete ass and shooting yourself in Nov 2008. Too bad he did not shoot himself in the head, so long as no one was near him the bullet would have gone clear through ear to ear.

Well its on to 2009 and some tough personnel decisions and probably some new coaches. It was a nice run and all in all a good season with some impressive wins.

Can't disagree, either.

I hope they get some LB's this year. I'm repeating you, but a team leader doesn't get dumb personal fouls in a playoff game. That squad is need of a shakedown.

I missed that one....what exactly did this asshole do besides not help keep Plaxico on lock down.

FUCk....and it was probably as blatant as the day is long....right? I guess Kawika Mitchell covered up a lot of his stupidity with good rushes and decent coverage.

Him or Reggie Torbor, either one apparently. He's never looked this lost in coverage.

I don't agree with the working in Tynes comment. It's not Morten Anderson in his prime we're talking about, it's Tynes, a guy who was missing all sorts of fucking field goals and extra points last year, and a guy who missed 2 gimme's last year in the NFC championship game and at times was a friggin joke. Carney came in here last minute and has been stellar and deserves the pro bowl shot. I don't see why it's diminished because the team gets closer to the endzone. His kickoffs, were not the greatest, but our return coverage has been spotty during the season anyway.

More importantly I DEMAND to know the percentage of how many people were waiving their

towels on 1st down, 2nd down and 3rd down. I want to know the ratio of Giants fans from New Jersey

to Eagles fans from Pennsylvania and if the Eagles fans we wearing Eagles jerseys as opposed to Eagles

winter gear.

I MUST have this information, it is imperative.

You can either PM or E-mail at Iamahugebagofdouche@yahoo.com

THANKS!

More importantly I DEMAND to know the percentage of how many people were waiving their

towels on 1st down, 2nd down and 3rd down. I want to know the ratio of Giants fans from New Jersey

to Eagles fans from Pennsylvania and if the Eagles fans we wearing Eagles jerseys as opposed to Eagles

winter gear.

THANKS!

:lol:

Oh and also Mr. xxi-xxv-xlii

Please give me the percentages of 1) How many people were waving their towels on running plays

and on passing plays. 2) The percentages of Eagles fans sitting on field level as opposed to sitting

on the upper deck of Giants Stadium. 3. Did you wear your Giants jersey? 4. What player?

Oh and also Mr. xxi-xxv-xlii

Please give me the percentages of 1) How many people were waving their towels on running plays

and on passing plays. 2) The percentages of Eagles fans sitting on field level as opposed to sitting

on the upper deck of Giants Stadium. 3. Did you wear your Giants jersey? 4. What player?

Trent take your stuff to BBI please.

I don't agree with the working in Tynes comment. It's not Morten Anderson in his prime we're talking about, it's Tynes, a guy who was missing all sorts of fucking field goals and extra points last year, and a guy who missed 2 gimme's last year in the NFC championship game and at times was a friggin joke. Carney came in here last minute and has been stellar and deserves the pro bowl shot. I don't see why it's diminished because the team gets closer to the endzone. His kickoffs, were not the greatest, but our return coverage has been spotty during the season anyway.

My point is that Tynes has proven is a cold weather kicker. Yes he has missed some, but he had hit them. Carney in his long stellar career played in SD and NO, in both western divisions. My guess is he played more cold weather games this year then he had in 3 or 4 years combined in certain years. Sometimes you need a kicker to keep you in the game, like I said 42 and 45 with the wind no less are not tough kicks. Say what you want about Tynes he was 23 of 27 last year for 85% and was 8-8 from 40-49, so this idea that he was missing all sorts of kicks is kind of off base. Yes he missed some kicks in GB(one was a poor snap and hold), but he also hit the biggest one and IMO he would have made those 42 and 45 yarders. Of course this is skeptical, but I have always felt that John Carney was not this teams best option for when the weather got cold. His kickoffs were downright brutal and even worse in the cold(see Carolina game).

Tynes missed 2 extra points in 2007. 1 was on a botched snap by Alford that he kicked off the ground. I fail to see how this was "all sorts of fg's and extra points".

My point is that Tynes has proven is a cold weather kicker. Yes he has missed some, but he had hit them. Carney in his long stellar career played in SD and NO, in both western divisions. My guess is he played more cold weather games this year then he had in 3 or 4 years combined in certain years. Sometimes you need a kicker to keep you in the game, like I said 42 and 45 with the wind no less are not tough kicks. Say what you want about Tynes he was 23 of 27 last year for 85% and was 8-8 from 40-49, so this idea that he was missing all sorts of kicks is kind of off base. Yes he missed some kicks in GB(one was a poor snap and hold), but he also hit the biggest one and IMO he would have made those 42 and 45 yarders. Of course this is skeptical, but I have always felt that John Carney was not this teams best option for when the weather got cold. His kickoffs were downright brutal and even worse in the cold(see Carolina game).

Tynes missed 2 extra points in 2007. 1 was on a botched snap by Alford that he kicked off the ground. I fail to see how this was "all sorts of fg's and extra points".

No offense X, but you've branded Tynes a cold weather kicker already, and proven at that?. Okay so over his long 4-5 year career, he's developed this ability, yet in the cold weather of Greenbay last year, he muffed 2 field goals that should have won the game. One was a bad snap yes, but Feagles got that ball down for him and he shanked it. Since you're going with stats, Tynes is an 80% kicker. And over the course of his 20 year career, I dare say Carney may have kicked in more cold weather games than Tynes has, even off the West Coast. I'm not the only one that feels this way here, when Tynes steps onto the field to kick a field goal, I have less confidence in him than with Carney.

You may be right about Carney not being a cold weather kicker, but if the other option is Tynes, then I'd be "ok John, I'll take my chances with you". If Akers is back there, then I would consider it, but not Tynes.

winter gear.

THANKS!

When I try emailing you it gets kicked back saying unknown email address, please recheck...I am sure you must have typed it in wrong.

No offense X, but you've branded Tynes a cold weather kicker already, and proven at that?. Okay so over his long 4-5 year career, he's developed this ability, yet in the cold weather of Greenbay last year, he muffed 2 field goals that should have won the game. One was a bad snap yes, but Feagles got that ball down for him and he shanked it. Since you're going with stats, Tynes is an 80% kicker. And over the course of his 20 year career, I dare say Carney may have kicked in more cold weather games than Tynes has, even off the West Coast. I'm not the only one that feels this way here, when Tynes steps onto the field to kick a field goal, I have less confidence in him than with Carney.

You may be right about Carney not being a cold weather kicker, but if the other option is Tynes, then I'd be "ok John, I'll take my chances with you". If Akers is back there, then I would consider it, but not Tynes.

Tynes was activated to kick deep and even with the wind at his back he couldn't do it. To me that is disgraceful.

Also the Giants won the coin toss why the hell isn't coughlin taking the wind and deferring to Eagles. Bad choice #1 by Coughlin.

well he was 2nd in the AFC in points scored by a kicker in 2005 in KC and he was 8-8 in 40-49 yards oppurunitys in 2007 so I guess IMO with that track record playing 8 games apiece at Arrowhead and Giants Stadiums I feel he is proven in cold weather. I know he missed one in GB, but he also hit a big one, probably the 2nd or third biggest kick in this franchises history

Do not get me wrong, this is NOT why we lost the game by any means, I just feel that as the season went on when evaluating the kicking of Carney and his ability to KO and hit anything over 40(combined with some weather)that a clear cut decision should have been made on actiavting 1 or the other and IMO if you are going to activate Tynes to KO you might as well let him dress and be the main kicker and this is not exclusive to simply yesterdays game. Its like the old quarterback saying "when you have starting qb's on your roster you really have none" I believe that the same can be said from a lesser standpoint to the PK position.

I hope that next year Tynes comes back with a healed leg and continues to be the teams kicker. No doubt Carney did an admirable job while here(I will say pro bowl is a tad of a stretch as you mentioned Akers as well and Akers outscored him in 08)and it no doubt settled what could have been a nightmare situation with an injury to a PK, but all in all I think for this team and where they play their games Tynes was the better option as the weather changed. It had no effect on yesterdays game because its all skeptical its just my opinion.

well he was 2nd in the AFC in points scored by a kicker in 2005 in KC and he was 8-8 in 40-49 yards oppurunitys in 2007 so I guess IMO with that track record playing 8 games apiece at Arrowhead and Giants Stadiums I feel he is proven in cold weather. I know he missed one in GB, but he also hit a big one, probably the 2nd or third biggest kick in this franchises history

Do not get me wrong, this is NOT why we lost the game by any means, I just feel that as the season went on when evaluating the kicking of Carney and his ability to KO and hit anything over 40(combined with some weather)that a clear cut decision should have been made on actiavting 1 or the other and IMO if you are going to activate Tynes to KO you might as well let him dress and be the main kicker and this is not exclusive to simply yesterdays game. Its like the old quarterback saying "when you have starting qb's on your roster you really have none" I believe that the same can be said from a lesser standpoint to the PK position.

I hope that next year Tynes comes back with a healed leg and continues to be the teams kicker. No doubt Carney did an admirable job while here(I will say pro bowl is a tad of a stretch as you mentioned Akers as well and Akers outscored him in 08)and it no doubt settled what could have been a nightmare situation with an injury to a PK, but all in all I think for this team and where they play their games Tynes was the better option as the weather changed. It had no effect on yesterdays game because its all skeptical its just my opinion.

Regardless, carney has had a very good year for a 44 year old man, but I'd be willing to let him go in the offseason, with his nice pro bowl bonus and move on, because after all he's 44. But I'd let Tynes go also and go get some kicker that has a bit of life in his leg and can kick the odd touchback for us. If other teams can get good kickers, it's about time we did also.

Regardless, carney has had a very good year for a 44 year old man, but I'd be willing to let him go in the offseason, with his nice pro bowl bonus and move on, because after all he's 44. But I'd let Tynes go also and go get some kicker that has a bit of life in his leg and can kick the odd touchback for us. If other teams can get good kickers, it's about time we did also.

Wait I thought the Giants were not allowed to have touchbacks you mean they are? :confused:

I hear ya on the kicker, but my guess is its Tynes unless of course tennesse wants to trade Rod Bironas for Jerome McDougal.

Wait I thought the Giants were not allowed to have touchbacks you mean they are? :confused:

I hear ya on the kicker, but my guess is its Tynes unless of course tennesse wants to trade Rod Bironas for Jerome McDougal.

No, it's "touchdowns" not "touchbacks" they are not allowed to have. Get it right.