SportsWrath

What will GM Reese do now that our season is over?

US Patriot

Spags will now be having many interviews for head coach positions. What can or will be done to keep this important member of the coaching staff? Does Mr. Reese recognize that Gilbride is a worthless and dumb OC? Will he replace him? Will he trade that dwarf loss receiver, Moss, who did nothing for the team since he was drafted? Will he make an offer to Toomer to keep him? Who will he draft?

Opinions from all members of this board will be welcomed and appreciated. :P

Step 1: Fire Kevin Gilbride

Step 2: Resign Manning and Jacobs

Step 3: Find a #1 receiver to replace plax

Step 4: Continue to draft the way he has the past two years

I agree with this. but who do we go after to replace gilbride assuming he gets fired or gets the raiders job? And we have to get some line backers. Our line backers are terrible.

I agree with this. but who do we go after to replace gilbride assuming he gets fired or gets the raiders job? And we have to get some line backers. Our line backers are terrible.

How hard should it be to find a guy that can play to the strength of our offense which is running the ball. I would hire the assistant oc from Pittsburgh to be the OC here...he knows run first, pass only when necessary.

I would be happy with either ppoodles or AA's suggestion. We need a Ron Earhardt type coach who will play to the strengths of Giants Stadium run...run....and then the intermediate passing game to the TE and backs out of the backfield. And when I throw to my WR's it will be in the endzone...the other teams not my own.

I hate to say it... but Gilbride is staying unless he gets the Raiders job. When you're a year removed from a Super Bowl victory with a top-ten offense and a team who was the first seed... AND you're buddies with the head coach... you're keeping your job, no matter how bad a playcaller you are. I'd LOVE to see him in Oakland, but otherwise, we're stuck with him.

We either need a top-flight receiver, Plax Burress back or a young guy to really step it up. I love Toomer but I think his best days are definitely behind him. I think Moss might be a decent slot receiver if given the chance.

Keeping Jacobs is imperative. Using him in games like yesterday's is even more so.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a developmental MLB to eventually replace Pierce. The guy is as smart as they come but seems to be losing a step, and it's a step he never really had in the first place. The linebacking corp overall could use an infusion of talent.

Aside from that, we're not in bad shape. I mean, c'mon... we played the toughest schedule in the NFL, and the second half of the season was just brutal. We probably were a little worn out aside from being rusty and playing badly. If we play our cards right this team will still be competitive for the forseeable future... even the Pats lost out after their first Super Bowl.

I hate to say it... but Gilbride is staying unless he gets the Raiders job. When you're a year removed from a Super Bowl victory with a top-ten offense and a team who was the first seed... AND you're buddies with the head coach... you're keeping your job, no matter how bad a playcaller you are. I'd LOVE to see him in Oakland, but otherwise, we're stuck with him.

We either need a top-flight receiver, Plax Burress back or a young guy to really step it up. I love Toomer but I think his best days are definitely behind him. I think Moss might be a decent slot receiver if given the chance.

Keeping Jacobs is imperative. Using him in games like yesterday's is even more so.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a developmental MLB to eventually replace Pierce. The guy is as smart as they come but seems to be losing a step, and it's a step he never really had in the first place. The linebacking corp overall could use an infusion of talent.

Aside from that, we're not in bad shape. I mean, c'mon... we played the toughest schedule in the NFL, and the second half of the season was just brutal. We probably were a little worn out aside from being rusty and playing badly. If we play our cards right this team will still be competitive for the forseeable future... even the Pats lost out after their first Super Bowl.