SportsWrath

Derrick Ward 948 yards

feefifoefum

The shame is one or both of these guys is gone at the end of the year, unless Reese realizes they have a good thing going and pays out to both of them, we kinda see what happens when one of them is not in the lineup and how much better we are with all three backs.

We might as well get used to it, cause Ward is gone next year. Take it to the bank.

There's an article on nfl.com where Jacobs says he asks Ward how much money he's looking for and every week it gets bigger. Jacobs knows the guy is gone. He doesn't even have to hit 1000 yards, he's gonna be the most coveted free agent RB (other than BJ), and he deserves it.

We might as well get used to it, cause Ward is gone next year. Take it to the bank.

There's an article on nfl.com where Jacobs says he asks Ward how much money he's looking for and every week it gets bigger. Jacobs knows the guy is gone. He doesn't even have to hit 1000 yards, he's gonna be the most coveted free agent RB (other than BJ), and he deserves it.

Yeah, he's a goner. Hopefully Bradshaw will step into Ward's role nicely next season.

Fifth time, actually.

1972 Dolphins- Larry Csonka 1117, Mercury Morris 1000

1976 Steelers- Franco Harris 1128, Rocky Bleier 1036

1985 Browns- Kevin Mack 1104, Earnest Byner 1002

2006 Falcons- Warrick Dunn 1140, Michael Vick 1039

I don't know...I think he has proven that needs Jacobs to soften up the D before he can carry the ball.

I don't know...I think he has proven that needs Jacobs to soften up the D before he can carry the ball.

Maybe so, but I think most teams that are depserate for a RB will over look that or they'll use him the same way we did and overpay him.

Fifth time, actually.

1972 Dolphins- Larry Csonka 1117, Mercury Morris 1000

1976 Steelers- Franco Harris 1128, Rocky Bleier 1036

1985 Browns- Kevin Mack 1104, Earnest Byner 1002

2006 Falcons- Warrick Dunn 1140, Michael Vick 1039

Yeah, the article I read didn't list Dunn and Vick. I guess they were only counting RB duos. :unsure:

Maybe so, but I think most teams that are depserate for a RB will over look that or they'll use him the same way we did and overpay him.

You mean like the Raiders? Or Ward can commit a felony between now and the off-season, and Dallas will sign him.

Now I do like Ward.. but he's proven he can't be #1 running back.. and come to think of it Jacobs can't handle the load on his own.. his body and his style of play won't allow it... We do have Ware.. whom admittedly we haven't seen enough of.. but he shined out there.

You mean like the Raiders? Or Ward can commit a felony between now and the off-season, and Dallas will sign him.

Now I do like Ward.. but he's proven he can't be #1 running back.. and come to think of it Jacobs can't handle the load on his own.. his body and his style of play won't allow it... We do have Ware.. whom admittedly we haven't seen enough of.. but he shined out there.

Dude, Ward's started what..7 or 8 games or something. I think he needs more of a chance.

Dude, Ward's started what..7 or 8 games or something. I think he needs more of a chance.

And if he's started 7 or 8 games then he's not too far away from showing he can start. I think we use EW&F so much, that the little times we see wither w/o the other, we think it cant work. I believe all 3 can be starters somewhere else.

And if he's started 7 or 8 games then he's not too far away from showing he can start. I think we use EW&F so much, that the little times we see wither w/o the other, we think it cant work. I believe all 3 can be starters somewhere else.

I could be biased, but I think Bradshaw is a better back than Ward.

I could be biased, but I think Bradshaw is a better back than Ward.

I agree with you, but it's obvious that Ward is a better pass blocker and can

hold onto the ball better.

Bradshaw's biggest asset, is also his biggest flaw. He breaks so many tackles and

that gives defenders a chance to strip the ball away.