SportsWrath

Antonio Pierce...god he sucks

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

I guess his point is that the great ones like Westbrook and Witten will make you look bad as opposed to the lesser ones, just like his day. Dont shoot the messenger, I am just telling you what a man who knows more footbll then you and I combined said on the radio.

...But in this, he's incorrect...

Many linebackers are decent at both pass coverage and stopping the run...we just don't have any...and we happen to play against Witten and Westbrook twice a year, too haha...

Carl Banks is flat out not "full of it". People tends to forget that not only was he a beast LB, but a smart one also. And he's right about Witten and Westbrook. Witten kills everyone, find one game/team this year that has been able to shut Witten down (and don't bring up the Giant game where his ribs were clearly affecting him and he shouldn't have been playing). Westbrook also is the only one who can stop himself, I've seen him make many a linebacker look stupid.

Pierce could be better, I truly think that having to concentrate on playcalling affects his play. He's not the same guy that played in DC.

There are definitely linebackers that can cover and sometimes shutdown Jason Witten and Brian Westbrook. Or at least hold them in check. Like I said, we just need to get younger and faster.....a few well developed EARLY ROUND draft picks will be key.

Washington, SF, and Tampa Bay...three teams with solid linebackers, shut him down, holding him to 4 catches for 53 yards...

Marcus Washington(and I'm not sure, he possibly was injured when they played Witten), who I wanted to pick up when he was a free agent instead of picking up Kawika Mitchell(if it wasnt the same year, then it was a year before that I wanted Washington), London Fletcher, and Rocky McCintosh are all pretty solid against the pass.

San Fran- plays a 3-4 that features the likes of Patrick Willis and Manny Lawson...

Tampa Bay- Cato June(another backer I wanted around the time we got Mitchell), Ruud, and Brooks...

So the linebackers are there, and they are developing...we just need to spend draft picks early to pick one up.

I kind of want to look up the performances of Westbrook against the those three teams now...

Here's a link...Westbrook's season stats by game...cant really make a point one way or another becaue he looked to be hurt or in between being hurt the entire season...

There are definitely linebackers that can cover and sometimes shutdown Jason Witten and Brian Westbrook. Or at least hold them in check. Like I said, we just need to get younger and faster.....a few well developed EARLY ROUND draft picks will be key.

Washington, SF, and Tampa Bay...three teams with solid linebackers, shut him down, holding him to 4 catches for 53 yards...

Marcus Washington(and I'm not sure, he possibly was injured when they played Witten), who I wanted to pick up when he was a free agent instead of picking up Kawika Mitchell(if it wasnt the same year, then it was a year before that I wanted Washington), London Fletcher, and Rocky McCintosh are all pretty solid against the pass.

San Fran- plays a 3-4 that features the likes of Patrick Willis and Manny Lawson...

Tampa Bay- Cato June(another backer I wanted around the time we got Mitchell), Ruud, and Brooks...

So the linebackers are there, and they are developing...we just need to spend draft picks early to pick one up.

I kind of want to look up the performances of Westbrook against the those three teams now...

Here's a link...Westbrook's season stats by game...cant really make a point one way or another becaue he looked to be hurt or in between being hurt the entire season...

These linebackers that you are citing in their ability to "shut down" Witten or Westbrook are you also taking into account what such other players as Jackson or TO did in those same games where they "shut down" the other two?

There is no arguement that we could use some linebackers, developing a nice one on the outside(Kiwi will be back there anyway)but the point is we can do a lot worse than Pierce.