SportsWrath

tumbleweeds...

ksm7

surprising based on the fact that it is a pretty big game, so the dog will ask, in your opinion, while this is not a must win for tthe giants theoretically, do you believe it is a must win game?

No, if we're just playing for a bye.

But in my opinion, we're better off beating Carolina for home-field. They are a very different team on the road (3-3).

No, if we're just playing for a bye.

But in my opinion, we're better off beating Carolina for home-field. They are a very different team on the road (3-3).

home field this year seems more important to the dog then it has in the past - much better to get a team like carolina and/or minnesota out in the northeast elements come january. but more then homefield, the dog thinks this game goes to the psyche of the team, and can set them up for another run, or a potential collapse...

Oh, I thought this was an ode to my latest rap song, .............and it goes a little somethin like this....

Tumbleweeds

I burn them seeds

the seeds that make us waste our life away

But in retrospect,

I get respect

for droppin them bombs on ya everyday

Uhhhhh, nananana

home field this year seems more important to the dog then it has in the past - much better to get a team like carolina and/or minnesota out in the northeast elements come january. but more then homefield, the dog thinks this game goes to the psyche of the team, and can set them up for another run, or a potential collapse...

Moreso Carolina than Minny: between Giants and Minny, the road team has won more often than not lately. But since there's a good chance that if Minny and Arizona are the 3 and 4 seed that we wind up playing wild card teams, I like our chances in January against teams like Tampa Bay or Atlanta/Dallas.

I don't know if I'd call this a must-win. One of the last two games has to be a win. Call this a "rather-win."

surprising based on the fact that it is a pretty big game, so the dog will ask, in your opinion, while this is not a must win for tthe giants theoretically, do you believe it is a must win game?

It is like the Patriots game at the end of last year, this is a must play well type of game. The worst thing that could happen is they play like they have the last two weeks and totally shit their pants. Carolina cannot come into a December Giants Stadium and push them around the field. If that happens this season is over.

im not saying this to bust your balls, but home teams are having their worst yaer ever against the spread

im not saying this to bust your balls, but home teams are having their worst yaer ever against the spread

that may be. the dog is just trying to take all the pieces into account. more important in the dog's mind then the home field ramifications is the impact another loss will have on the team...fair or unfair, the questions and doubts will start, and will be centered around burress and his impact on the team. we all saw the giants ride momentum last year, and the positive impact that had on them as a team...a third loss in a row coupled with a potential fight with minnesota to get a bye could have the opposite effect...

that may be. the dog is just trying to take all the pieces into account. more important in the dog's mind then the home field ramifications is the impact another loss will have on the team...fair or unfair, the questions and doubts will start, and will be centered around burress and his impact on the team. we all saw the giants ride momentum last year, and the positive impact that had on them as a team...a third loss in a row coupled with a potential fight with minnesota to get a bye could have the opposite effect...

i hear you, we did lose our last agme of the season last year though so who knows

Oh, I thought this was an ode to my latest rap song, .............and it goes a little somethin like this....

Tumbleweeds

I burn them seeds

the seeds that make us waste our life away

But in retrospect,

I get respect

for droppin them bombs on ya everyday

Uhhhhh, nananana

Biggy Blue :worshippy:

Hey Dog!!

Well in Martin's opinion this a must win game!

Losing 3 straight and then going to Minesota for a potential

4th straight loss would be demoralizing.

The Giants need rest, they need to re-gain there confidience

and that comes with this win. Losing this game is huge in so

many ways.

To say that losing this game isnt so bad doesnt make any sense to me.

Does anyone here on this board have a memory?

The Panthers embarrased us in our own stadium last time!!

No the Giants must win this game and regain momentum now!!!

Hey Dog!!

Well in Martin's opinion this a must win game!

Losing 3 straight and then going to Minesota for a potential

4th straight loss would be demoralizing.

The Giants need rest, they need to re-gain there confidience

and that comes with this win. Losing this game is huge in so

many ways.

To say that losing this game isnt so bad doesnt make any sense to me.

Does anyone here on this board have a memory?

The Panthers embarrased us in our own stadium last time!!

No the Giants must win this game and regain momentum now!!!

Or we could win in the playoffs when it matters. :)

Yes, because we need the bye, which can also be had next week, but we also need home field advantage, because the Panthers are undefeated at home.

Having 3 losses in a row is a problem right before

the playoffs. and then beating the vikings at home

a team that is hungry could relate to even 4 losses.

Now this is getting a little ahead here but to say that

even if the giants lose 4 in a row it doesnt matter sounds

absurd to me.

Look at it this way if the Giants win on sunday night they

get the bye, they gain confidience they have no pressure

to win against the vikings.

If they lose you have a 4 game potential losing streak,

no rest, pressure to win against the vikings and

a team has very little confidience going into the playoffs.

Having 3 losses in a row is a problem right before

the playoffs. and then beating the vikings at home

a team that is hungry could relate to even 4 losses.

Now this is getting a little ahead here but to say that

even if the giants lose 4 in a row it doesnt matter sounds

absurd to me.

Look at it this way if the Giants win on sunday night they

get the bye, they gain confidience they have no pressure

to win against the vikings.

If they lose you have a 4 game potential losing streak,

no rest, pressure to win against the vikings and

a team has very little confidience going into the playoffs.

This game is about as big as it gets. If the Giants lose this game, it's not because they went into cruise control -- TC will not let that happen, it will be because they have a problem. It will be because they don't have a big play WR, and it will be because the Panthers attack the LBs with their RBs, the same way in which the Eagles did and the Cowboys attempted to do.

This will open things up for Smith, and we don't know how the Giants will defend him. Maybe they shut him down. Maybe there is not a guy on the roster that can hang with him. I think he is better right now than any WR that the Giants have seen in any of the games they lost.

If they lose this game, they will have no confidence going into the playoffs. The big problem is that the lack of confidence will be more than just a state of mind. It will be justified.

I dont think so, seems the cowboys and their fans are content with being regular season kings and sending umpteen players to the Pro Bowl.

maybe...but what the NFL proves time and again is that no team can just turn it back on in the playoffs after a downward swoon to end the season. the dog thinks this game looms as a make or break game for both teams involved. the difference for the panthers is that a loss may have less of an overall impact (they are going into giant satdium in december against a team that for the better part of the season has been considered the favorite (justifiably so) to win the NFC)...a loss for the giants means a 3 game skid at a time when you need to be building momentum for the second season, and the doubt becomes magnified b/c of the burress issue...

maybe...but what the NFL proves time and again is that no team can just turn it back on in the playoffs after a downward swoon to end the season. the dog thinks this game looms as a make or break game for both teams involved. the difference for the panthers is that a loss may have less of an overall impact (they are going into giant satdium in december against a team that for the better part of the season has been considered the favorite (justifiably so) to win the NFC)...a loss for the giants means a 3 game skid at a time when you need to be building momentum for the second season, and the doubt becomes magnified b/c of the burress issue...

We havent seen teams swoon at the end and pick it up again in the playoffs, but then again we never saw what happened with the Giants last yr before, winning the SB completely on the road. Every yr it seems that a team does something out of the ordinary, or a surprise team gets hot at the right time. We dont want to lose another game, but its not completely unimaginable that we would pick it up again once the playoffs started.

Really, BB, this act that you put on that everything will be okay with a loss is a joke. If Burress has a hamstring strain and was returning in January it would be one thing. But he ain't coming back.

There is a big hole in big blue. Unless Spagnola dials up some of that 2007 magic, and they are missing Osi and Strahan, I don't see them getting it done.

There are no more Seattles, Washingtons, or Cincinnatis on this schedule. And maybe you should be happy about that seeing that the Bengals took you to OT. :LMAO:

Really, BB, this act that you put on that everything will be okay with a loss is a joke. If Burress has a hamstring strain and was returning in January it would be one thing. But he ain't coming back.

There is a big hole in big blue. Unless Spagnola dials up some of that 2007 magic, and they are missing Osi and Strahan, I don't see them getting it done.

There are no more Seattles, Washingtons, or Cincinnatis on this schedule. And maybe you should be happy about that seeing that the Bengals took you to OT. :LMAO:

No way, you didnt just go there, did you? :huh:

Listen dumbass, I never said I'd be HAPPY with a loss, but with the way we played the first half of the season, we afforded ourselves the luxury of being able to take a few losses. Unlike your team, who cant afford any loss. Yes, its all true that we may be in trouble, but it's not guaranteed. Now, as far as the road you just decided to go down, how could you be that stupid? The Bengals?? Well, I expected you to know how our game vs them felt, didnt you EEK by them as well? And that same Bengals team tied w/ Philly and beat WASH. So they aint as bad as their record reflects. And I would think YOU need to be a little more concerned about the quality of opponents that are left, because not only are we already in the playoffs and you are not, but we have faced tough, playoff caliber opponents and WON. (i.e. PITT, BAL, DAL, PHI, AZ,). The cowgirls lost to PITT, AZ, ....and, uh oh, here we go...ST LOUIS!!!! Also WASH once, who we swept. And now you got BAL and PHi left and you want to say we should be worried and talk smack about MY team??

You FINALLY hit rock bottom egg, this was the most ridculous thing you could have said about the Giants. It jsut brought to the forefront how bad the cowboys have been this season. :rolleyes:

Really egg, you've got no leg to stand on considering your team has yet to clinch a postseason spot. And there are no more St Louis' on your schedule. Oh wait :o