SportsWrath

Most Important Person To Sign

Lubeck

Jacobs?

Webster?

Ward?

None of the above.

The Giants absolutely have to lock Spags up. There needs to be a meeting of the minds between Reese, Coughlin, and ownership to come to an agreement that Spags is the coach of the future. Coughlin has to be made to understand that while he wants to coach for awhile, and the team wants him to, a definite line of succession needs to be made in order to keep one of the NFLs hottest up-an-comers a Giant.

Sadly I am afraid we are going to lose him. It is the nature of the business. Money will always trump anything else. Just like we will lose Ward or Jacobs, and Webster is a very questionable return, money will dictate how the team progresses.

But like the players I hope Spags realizes he can make a good deal of money staying with the Giants while being on a team that will compete for some years to come in its current structure.

Jacobs?

Webster?

Ward?

None of the above.

The Giants absolutely have to lock Spags up. There needs to be a meeting of the minds between Reese, Coughlin, and ownership to come to an agreement that Spags is the coach of the future. Coughlin has to be made to understand that while he wants to coach for awhile, and the team wants him to, a definite line of succession needs to be made in order to keep one of the NFLs hottest up-an-comers a Giant.

Sadly I am afraid we are going to lose him. It is the nature of the business. Money will always trump anything else. Just like we will lose Ward or Jacobs, and Webster is a very questionable return, money will dictate how the team progresses.

But like the players I hope Spags realizes he can make a good deal of money staying with the Giants while being on a team that will compete for some years to come in its current structure.

Didn't Spagnola sign one of the biggest contracts for DC's in the offseason? Jacobs will probably be franchised but I'd love to resign Webster he is becoming a lock down corner. Our secondary is so vastly improved over last year

Spags is the highest paid DC and the only coordinator paid more is Garret the HC to be in Dallas. But that doesn't mean anything.

I would hope Spags would appreciate the Giants putting so much faith in him monetarily but long ago I gave up on believing in fairy tail stories in the NFL when people put principle above opportunity. Maybe there is an unspoken agreement between Spags and ownership about the future head coach job and it has not been leaked but I am far too jaded to believe that is in place.

Spags is the highest paid DC and the only coordinator paid more is Garret the HC to be in Dallas. But that doesn't mean anything.

I would hope Spags would appreciate the Giants putting so much faith in him monetarily but long ago I gave up on believing in fairy tail stories in the NFL when people put principle above opportunity. Maybe there is an unspoken agreement between Spags and ownership about the future head coach job and it has not been leaked but I am far too jaded to believe that is in place.

Well then what do you propose they do? On the one hand, you're saying they have to lock up Spags as Coughlin's successor. On the other hand, you're saying his current contract is meaningless. That doesn't leave many options for the team, now does it?

As far as securing him to be our next coach, I'm not sure that's the best idea. We don't know how long Coughlin will stay, nor do we know how long Spagnuolo is willing to wait. A lot can change in a short time, and Spags might end up missing out altogether on a head coaching gig if he doesn't get one this year. He's also an unproven commodity as a head coach.

Regarding the free agents, Jacobs and Webster are the top priorities.

Any defensive co-ordinator willing to allow himself to be "locked up", shouldn't be hired as a head coach anywhere due to lack of intelligence. Ask Gregg Williams. As for the organization, you only have to look at one example "Bill Bellicheck" to see that relying on a coaches integrity to stay on is not smart either.

99% of coaches in this league want to be head coaches, they are lying otherwise. And even if they fail at head coach in the NFL, the title itself gives them clout when looking for co-ordinator work or college head coaching jobs.

Frankly Spags will have his pick next year from several jobs, and he'd be a fool to let the opportunity pass.

Spags is already gone. Get used to it now. I see a Andy Reid firing/Spags hiring by Philly in February.

Can't see that happening, him being hired as the head coach over his mentor. Rams, 49ers, Chargers, Raiders, Texans could all be up for him. My pick is Cleveland, he has a lot to work with over there. Romeo Crennel has done a terrible job over there this year.

Can't see that happening, him being hired as the head coach over his mentor. Rams, 49ers, Chargers, Raiders, Texans could all be up for him. My pick is Cleveland, he has a lot to work with over there. Romeo Crennel has done a terrible job over there this year.

All of those jobs suck balls, Boohyah. I know everyone who has ever coached professionally

wants to aspire to become a head coach...but...those are some slim pickings. Unless the Chargers

fired Turner, then maybe....

All of those jobs suck balls, Boohyah. I know everyone who has ever coached professionally

wants to aspire to become a head coach...but...those are some slim pickings. Unless the Chargers

fired Turner, then maybe....

Cleveland doesn't suck balls Golfing, I absolutely disagree with you on that. They have a lot of tools on that team to work with and get another draft behind the and I'm sure they'll turn it around next year. Like I said, Crennel has been bad and frankly Randy Lerner is a good owner who is pretty much hands off and has given Romeo time and spent money to help turn it around and he hasn't. Cleveland has always been a defensive orientated team with emphasis on the run. Spags would be walking into a good situation there.

If the Chargers don't fire Turner after this season, he'll never get fired.

Any defensive co-ordinator willing to allow himself to be "locked up", shouldn't be hired as a head coach anywhere due to lack of intelligence. Ask Gregg Williams. As for the organization, you only have to look at one example "Bill Bellicheck" to see that relying on a coaches integrity to stay on is not smart either.

99% of coaches in this league want to be head coaches, they are lying otherwise. And even if they fail at head coach in the NFL, the title itself gives them clout when looking for co-ordinator work or college head coaching jobs.

Frankly Spags will have his pick next year from several jobs, and he'd be a fool to let the opportunity pass.

Gregg Williams was never locked in. You can hire a coordinator and also hire them to be your next head coach. Mora Jr. and the Colts coach whose name I can't remember are both contractually getting the HC job when the current HCs retire.

I hope they can keep Spags too but realistically... he'll be gone next year. The guy is on fire.

Yea but not every successful coordinator makes for a successful HC. I hope we keep him and I think we will.

Gregg Williams was never locked in. You can hire a coordinator and also hire them to be your next head coach. Mora Jr. and the Colts coach whose name I can't remember are both contractually getting the HC job when the current HCs retire.

Gregg Williams was given top money to be defensive coordinator with the idea he would be the head coach when Gibbs quit. Verbally that might not locked in, but the thought of getting the job kept Williams from moving on.

Gregg Williams was given top money to be defensive coordinator with the idea he would be the head coach when Gibbs quit. Verbally that might not locked in, but the thought of getting the job kept Williams from moving on.

Which is why you make it nice and legal.

you can not contractually give the head coaching job to a coordinator because of the rules in place. When a head coaching position becomes available you must interview at least one minority candidate before you can hire anybody. Its why Jim Hasslets contract had to be redone in St. Louis because that clause was illegal or against NFL rules.

you can not contractually give the head coaching job to a coordinator because of the rules in place. When a head coaching position becomes available you must interview at least one minority candidate before you can hire anybody. Its why Jim Hasslets contract had to be redone in St. Louis because that clause was illegal or against NFL rules.

False. Jim Mora Jr. is already signed to be head coach next year in Seattle. And Jim Caldwell is signed to be the Colts coach whenever Dungy retires. There is a way to get around the Rooney Rule, the problem with what the Rams tried to do was they made it dependent on performance and didn't just sign Haslett as next years head coach. I think it also had something to do with it being based on a mid-season firing.

False. Jim Mora Jr. is already signed to be head coach next year in Seattle. And Jim Caldwell is signed to be the Colts coach whenever Dungy retires. There is a way to get around the Rooney Rule, the problem with what the Rams tried to do was they made it dependent on performance and didn't just sign Haslett as next years head coach. I think it also had something to do with it being based on a mid-season firing.

Seattle still has to interview a minority candidate and Caldwell is a minority!

The rule does not apply if an assistant coach has language in his contract guaranteeing him the starting job in case of an opening. [1] This was the case when Mike Martz took over as head coach of the St. Louis Rams before the 2000 season.

Lubcek I apologize you are correct and I was wrong