SportsWrath

For you younger fans...

ppodlesny

Certainly good advice, but I must say, the way that we are winning looks like we're going to be good for years to come- some games we win on offense, other games are won by the D and just about anybody on the roster is capable making a big play. We lost Strahan and Osi and we didn't skip a beat, guys step up.

Certainly good advice, but I must say, the way that we are winning looks like we're going to be good for years to come- some games we win on offense, other games are won by the D and just about anybody on the roster is capable making a big play. We lost Strahan and Osi and we didn't skip a beat, guys step up.

that is why I say cherish it, you never know when it will end.

I told my kids the exact same thing. My kids are close to the age I was when the 80's Giants came to fruition, and won a SB. So I let them know what happened afterwards, because you have to be ready to POSSIBLY endure crap for a while, and to stay true blue.

that is why I say cherish it, you never know when it will end.

It will never end - we will win every superbowl that is ever played. ( holding my hands over my ears and screaming " lalalalalalalalalala"

You obviously aren't that old--having grown up in the 70's, I savored every fucking minute of the 80's. Hell, I saw teams where Dave Brown at QB would have been an upgrade.

When you think about it, the 90's weren't that horrible. Playoffs in '93, near miss in '94, playoffs again in '97. Granted, we were slaughtered in the playoffs, and there were more bad seasons than good in a painfully weak division, but at least you guys had something going for you.

You obviously aren't that old--having grown up in the 70's, I savored every fucking minute of the 80's. Hell, I saw teams where Dave Brown at QB would have been an upgrade.

When you think about it, the 90's weren't that horrible. Playoffs in '93, near miss in '94, playoffs again in '97. Granted, we were slaughtered in the playoffs, and there were more bad seasons than good in a painfully weak division, but at least you guys had something going for you.

Ugghhh, the 70's. Thank goodness I was too young to really remember them. I was 10 years old in 1980.

My earliest memories of the Giants involve my dad throwing an empty Schlitz can at Ray Perkins ( on TV, not in person)

man, he looked mean (perkins, not your dad). mine were of my dad singing 'goodbye allie' (sherman) in section 15 of old yankee stadium.

My earliest memories of the Giants involve my dad throwing an empty Schlitz can at Ray Perkins ( on TV, not in person)

LOL, sounds like a story Peephole would say, except it was thrown at Dave Brown. He wasnt born when Ray Handley was there. :brooding:

What I am enjoying is that again like the great teams of the 80's we seem to be doing this against very good competition. Sure there was that shot in 93 the last week against he Boys, bu twe all know had Emmtt Smith not held out and they started 0-2 we would not have had a shot at the div and the smoke and mirrors playoffs in 97 and 2000 against such a putrid NFC east although enjoyable, were not like this. I love having a good record and knowing that the other teams are good as well.

What I am enjoying is that again like the great teams of the 80's we seem to be doing this against very good competition. Sure there was that shot in 93 the last week against he Boys, bu twe all know had Emmtt Smith not held out and they started 0-2 we would not have had a shot at the div and the smoke and mirrors playoffs in 97 and 2000 against such a putrid NFC east although enjoyable, were not like this. I love having a good record and knowing that the other teams are good as well.

Totally agree. It's been a long time between greatness. I was comparing the 70's and 90's, not implying that the 90's were particularly good.

But look how far we've come since 2003. 3/probably 4 playoff appearances, 1 SB win, 3 winning seasons (I'm counting this year--we already locked on a winning season)... :)

enjoy these past two seasons...in the 80s when the Giants were really good we all took them for granted, and then Parcells left, LT retired and we experienced to horror of the Dave brown lead 90s. Trust me enjoy every game.

I was going to post somewhere today that this Giants team looks and feels like the one that won the 86 Super Bowl. Those guys had a certain inevitable feeling about them when they stepped on the field in that they expected to win against anyone they faced with the same vanilla offense day in and out. LOL!!!

Why would I bring up the 70s when 86 was our first Superbowl and for many yougner fans last year was their first Superbowl.

We're obviously talking past each other. A 30 year-old would have been around 8 when XXI happened. I don't know how vivid a memory that would have been for an 8 year-old. I would guess that most people wouldn't recollect much until they hit 10, which would put them at around '88. By then, you guys would have missed quite a few good years.

My point was not all Giants fans took the 80's for granted. I thought you were talking to the youngsters.

Tell them about the fumble Gut... :ph34r: . How we traded away the team/picks for Tarkenton to finally win in Minnie; tell them about how the only bright spot was watching Mendenhall trying to lift the defense onto his back and win games.....I have tried to erase the demons..... :cwy:

Tell them about the fumble Gut... :ph34r: . How we traded away the team/picks for Tarkenton to finally win in Minnie; tell them about how the only bright spot was watching Mendenhall trying to lift the defense onto his back and win games.....I have tried to erase the demons..... :cwy:

Pisarcik T? My only recollection of that date in time, was an uncle of mine kicking a vase right off the table in his living room. Fuckin Herm Edwards.

In Jerry Golsteyn's defense....he....a...he....well, he was supposedly a real cut up in film session.

I remember we finally got a game on TV out here in the late 70's and it was so fucking horrible....half way through my old man - a tad lite up is screaming for them to pull both Pisarcek and Golsteyn and put Joe Morrison in at QB. I recall telling him that Morrison retired about 5 years earlier and him saying...."then they need to go find him...now and see if he'll come back".

C. Wagon.

Tell them about the fumble Gut... :ph34r: .

I was 14. I was facing east while watching the game with my father in my parent's room, on a black and white tv. I know this because my father's tv was on his dresser, under a window, and that window would get sun in the mornings.

I remember my father and I being pretty happy: after all, we were doing ok early in that season, and we hadn't seen anything but 6-10 or worse for a few seasons before '78, but here it was the 8th game, and we already had 5 wins. And the Giants were winning again. We were going to win. The production credits were beginning to roll on the screen...

Somewhere between the names of the assistant producer and the assistant-assistant producer, fucking Pisarchik fumbles the ball. An eagle picks it up, runs it into the end zone, and we lose.

We.

Just.

Lose.

Nobody, not on screen, not in the house, says anything while they try to process what had just happened. Then there were boos, my dad running off a stream of curses that just had to be a precursor to some rap groups, and me. Oh, he did stop once in his tirade, to tell me to stop cursing:

did I mention that this is the first time he had ever heard me curse?

No, you deal with something like that, you don't take anything for granted. Take that Titans game in 2006, and multiply that by 100x. 30 seconds left on the clock, your offense has the ball, and all you have to do is sit down. That's so much worse than blowing a lead with 10 minutes left.

From that point on, I have never turned off a game, or assumed the win, until I saw the players walk off the field.

And you better believe I've savored every winning season since.

I was 14. I was facing east while watching the game with my father in my parent's room, on a black and white tv. I know this because my father's tv was on his dresser, under a window, and that window would get sun in the mornings.

I remember my father and I being pretty happy: after all, we were doing ok early in that season, and we hadn't seen anything but 6-10 or worse for a few seasons before '78, but here it was the 8th game, and we already had 5 wins. And the Giants were winning again. We were going to win. The production credits were beginning to roll on the screen...

Somewhere between the names of the assistant producer and the assistant-assistant producer, fucking Pisarchik fumbles the ball. An eagle picks it up, runs it into the end zone, and we lose.

We.

Just.

Lose.

Nobody, not on screen, not in the house, says anything while they try to process what had just happened. Then there were boos, my dad running off a stream of curses that just had to be a precursor to some rap groups, and me. Oh, he did stop once in his tirade, to tell me to stop cursing:

did I mention that this is the first time he had ever heard me curse?

No, you deal with something like that, you don't take anything for granted. Take that Titans game in 2006, and multiply that by 100x. 30 seconds left on the clock, your offense has the ball, and all you have to do is sit down. That's so much worse than blowing a lead with 10 minutes left.

From that point on, I have never turned off a game, or assumed the win, until I saw the players walk off the field.

And you better believe I've savored every winning season since.

Just think about it....even when the Giants lose in such a monumental way we are models of innovation for the league. Without us there would be no "Victory Formation".... :P