SportsWrath

10 Best/10 Worst Coaches

Lubeck

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8789616...13162&ATT=5

6. Giants' Tom Coughlin: The Giants dumped Jeremy Shockey, lost Osi Umenyiora, have to deal with Plaxico Burress and play in the NFC East. Coughlin is putting together his best coaching performance. But everyone expected the defending champs to be good.

6th best...

But the reason I bring this to your attention is that bolded comment. Correct me if I am wrong but no one even had the Giants winning their division and were predicting an 8-8 season. No one expected them to be THIS good, and that was with Osi on the roster.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8789616...13162&ATT=5

6th best...

But the reason I bring this to your attention is that bolded comment. Correct me if I am wrong but no one even had the Giants winning their division and were predicting an 8-8 season. No one expected them to be THIS good, and that was with Osi on the roster.

Um... outside of Mortensen... nobody had the Giants finishing with more than 8 wins.

Remember when the Cowboys won the Super Bowl in June?

I agree with Phillips, but I stand on what I said before, Andy Reid is a good coach.

the dog has to agree about reid, the issue is that he is a very good coach 95% of the time, but when he is out-coached, it is usually ugly and in big moments...

as far as lists like this are concerned, it is really just silly to rank the NFL coaches 9 games into the season in the dog's opinion...

the dog has to agree about reid, the issue is that he is a very good coach 95% of the time, but when he is out-coached, it is usually ugly and in big moments...

as far as lists like this are concerned, it is really just silly to rank the NFL coaches 9 games into the season in the dog's opinion...

If Reid has an issue, it's that perhaps he should just be a coach and stay out of personnel matters. Rarely do the 2 mesh.

If Reid has an issue, it's that perhaps he should just be a coach and stay out of personnel matters. Rarely do the 2 mesh.

agreed on that...the dog has not consistently seen many eagle games, but overall likes reid as a coach...but it does seem that inevitably in big games he makes poor coaching decisions, or even comes in with sub-par preparation...not always, but definately at times...

It was silly to rank teams 3 games into the season, then it was silly to rank them only midway through the season. Now youre saying with over a half of the year gone, its silly to rank coaches?? 9 games is plenty to see almost anything regarding NFL teams.

It was silly to rank teams 3 games into the season, then it was silly to rank them only midway through the season. Now youre saying with over a half of the year gone, its silly to rank coaches?? 9 games is plenty to see almost anything regarding NFL teams.

interesting...the dog wonders how coughlin ranked after 9 games last season...

interesting...the dog wonders how coughlin ranked after 9 games last season...

Dont remember, but it was probably right where he shoulda been, and it wasnt that high. After 9 games we were average, then kicked it in when it mattered. Your point?

Dont remember, but it was probably right where he shoulda been, and it wasnt that high. After 9 games we were average, then kicked it in when it mattered. Your point?

You just made his point. You see...nevermind. :doh:

umm, so the dog could argue that ranking coaches prior to seeing the final result is in fact silly...shoudl the redskins collapse and finish 7-9, is jim zorn really the #1 ranked coach?

You just made his point. You see...nevermind. :doh:

Whew, thank goodness I only have to respond to one of you, to get both of you. :rolleyes:

No, I did not make your point. After 9 games, you can tell how a coach, or a team is doing. Can they better themselves from that point on in the final 7 games? Sure. But you can get a good indication of what someones like after 9 games. Coughlin was average after 9 games last season. He got better, in the last 7.

Whew, thank goodness I only have to respond to one of you, to get both of you. :rolleyes:

No, I did not make your point. After 9 games, you can tell how a coach, or a team is doing. Can they better themselves from that point on in the final 7 games? Sure. But you can get a good indication of what someones like after 9 games. Coughlin was averager after 9 games last season. He got better, in the last 9.

the dog says this falls under the category of "you can lead a horse (or in this case baffoon) to water, but you can't make him drink"...the dog's point still stands, and you still support it - rankings coaches prior to the end of the season is silly...if you want to read into it, go ahead...but it is still silly.

the dog says this falls under the category of "you can lead a horse (or in this case baffoon) to water, but you can't make him drink"...the dog's point still stands, and you still support it - rankings coaches prior to the end of the season is silly...if you want to read into it, go ahead...but it is still silly.

Me thinks you just dont want to admit that I have a point. :rolleyes: