SportsWrath

Let the talk of an all New York Superbowl begin

boohyah

Well as much as the thread is kinda in Jest (or Jets), the truth of the matter is that the Jets really did a decent job in the offseason. Tannenbaum seems to be a decent GM. Jenkins is a load, Faneca and Woody along with Manigold and really helped the o-line out. Calvin Pace was a nice pickup for them also.And the Favre trade helps them because if nothing else, he legitimized them. He made the league take them serious. Then you got guys on there like Rhodes, Revis and Cotchery and Thomas Jones and you realize they have talent. But there's 2 things missing. The Jets are not deep, if they get some injuries, they are in trouble. Our Giant team last year was much deeper than this Jets team. Secondly and you may not agree, but Mangini is not a good coach IMO. Already Favre and him have differences in philosophy, I doubt Favre even respects the guy (he's older than mangini).

yea i was literning to some of the nfl network post game interviews with brett and he seemed legit sad like he was just sad in general to be playing on a new team. I thought he was going to cry a few times. He looked visibly upset in the interviews with mariucci, deion, etc..

yea i was literning to some of the nfl network post game interviews with brett and he seemed legit sad like he was just sad in general to be playing on a new team. I thought he was going to cry a few times. He looked visibly upset in the interviews with mariucci, deion, etc..

He wanted to play for the Vikings....and everyone knows it.

I'd take Brett crying for what it usually is, bullshit.

I didnt.

I wouldnt see why he would want to play there, other then handing the ball off to AP.

Uh..good offensive line. Decent wide receivers (he'd make them better, obviously) Brad Childress

is the coach, a disciple of Andy Reid who was a disciple of Mike Holmgren...he knows what do in the

offensive system and there defense is very good.

If they had any kind of production out of the quarterback position they would be winning the NFC North

right now.

What makes me laugh about the Jets is that most of their fans are also Met fans. In being Met fans most of them complain that the Yankees do nothing but buy champonships and big names(something that is not the case but that is for another time)yet this year they love to tell you how the great management team of Tangini as they say brought in 7 former pro bowlers via trade or free agency Favre, Jenkins, Woody, Faneca, Richardson, Law and Bubba Franks and how great those guys have made their team.

Jets are a decent team and they seem to have the perfect storm brewing, Favre trade, Brady injury, Pats injury ravaged, easy schedule, wide open AFC. Sort of like Jimmy Fassel and his magical albeit overrated run in 2000. They could very well go to the SB like that Giant team and probably would get their asses handed to them like that Giant team. I would love to be so lucky as a Giant fan to win another. We have to get there first.

Jimmy Fassel?

I am not sold either. The Tom Brady Patriots were an elite team. No one in the AFC is elite with an possible exception of Tennessee but I said in an earlier post, they have not beaten a good team. The Jets are far from elite. I was not impressed last night.

Which only gives the Jets a better chance of making it to the Super Bowl. Jets can run, and stop the run, so I think they can compete with a team like Tennessee. Giants/Jets Super Bowl would be awesome. I hope it happens.

Well as much as the thread is kinda in Jest (or Jets), the truth of the matter is that the Jets really did a decent job in the offseason. Tannenbaum seems to be a decent GM. Jenkins is a load, Faneca and Woody along with Manigold and really helped the o-line out. Calvin Pace was a nice pickup for them also.And the Favre trade helps them because if nothing else, he legitimized them. He made the league take them serious. Then you got guys on there like Rhodes, Revis and Cotchery and Thomas Jones and you realize they have talent. But there's 2 things missing. The Jets are not deep, if they get some injuries, they are in trouble. Our Giant team last year was much deeper than this Jets team. Secondly and you may not agree, but Mangini is not a good coach IMO. Already Favre and him have differences in philosophy, I doubt Favre even respects the guy (he's older than mangini).

You mean when Tony Soprano saw him in that restaurant and declared "Carm, theres the Mangenius over there the coach of the Jets, I gotta go say hello" you did not buy into the idea that this was Lombardi reincarnated?

I am with you Mangini has done little to impress me as a coach.