SportsWrath

Let the talk of an all New York Superbowl begin

boohyah

Now that the Jets are in first place and have Brett Favre at QB, it's inevitable they will be playing us in the Superbowl, right?

I mean the New York papers are already starting the hype. Granted the Jets schedule apart from the Tennessee game is very weak, they could go 5-1 the rest of the way.

So, are we all excited by the prospect of the "Swamp Bowl"?

I am not sold either. The Tom Brady Patriots were an elite team. No one in the AFC is elite with an possible exception of Tennessee but I said in an earlier post, they have not beaten a good team. The Jets are far from elite. I was not impressed last night.

Still not sold?

I dont know, although Cassel is filling in nicely, he makes that team a different team than when Brady is in there. I think if Brady were in there it would have been a different story. And the defense gives up alot of points, even in wins.(AZ, KC, NE) and they barely beat teams like KC, OAK and got killed by SD who is avrage this season. They still have TEN, DEN and 2 more division games that will be tough. I just dont know.

I dont know, although Cassel is filling in nicely, he makes that team a different team than when Brady is in there. I think if Brady were in there it would have been a different story. And the defense gives up alot of points, even in wins.(AZ, KC, NE) and they barely beat teams like KC, OAK and got killed by SD who is avrage this season. They still have TEN, DEN and 2 more division games that will be tough. I just dont know.

Cassel has improved but their running game suffered when Maroney went down. Now Adalius Thomas is out for the year. That kid Mayo looks like the real deal.

Anyway, the whole topic is tongue in cheek, I just find it amusing the relationship this city has with the Jets, it's such a roller coaster ride. Their fans amuse me so.

Cassel has improved but their running game suffered when Maroney went down. Now Adalius Thomas is out for the year. That kid Mayo looks like the real deal.

Anyway, the whole topic is tongue in cheek, I just find it amusing the relationship this city has with the Jets, it's such a roller coaster ride. Their fans amuse me so.

You mean like the "STRING CHAD UP!!!" chant turning to "CHAD WOULDA WON THIS GAME!!!"?

i wouldnt be at all surprised if we are about to watch a warm up for Superbowl 43 on Sun .....Giants v Baltimore !

I am calling it now, if Pittsburgh is able to get 100% healthy, they are going to be a force in the AFC and might be the best team. This is only hypothetical. Ben has to be 100% and Willie Parker is dangerous in that backfield. Giants and Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

I am calling it now, if Pittsburgh is able to get 100% healthy, they are going to be a force in the AFC and might be the best team. This is only hypothetical. Ben has to be 100% and Willie Parker is dangerous in that backfield. Giants and Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

Honestly, I think it comes down to the Steelers and Titans. The Titans have a good schedule the rest of the way and I think are shoo in's to get home field. If you have Mike Tomlin vs Jeff Fisher in a big game, I say Fisher wins hands down. I don't rate Tomlin at all.

Thats my prediction.

This comment below an article about the game in The Post says a lot about the Jets

Are you NUTS??!! What kind of "proclamation game" was THIS game??!!

What kind of "proclamation" was it when the Jests had the Patsies down 24 - 6 and then let them come back and tie the game?

What kind of "proclamation" was it when the Jests did next to nothing in the second half?

What kind of "proclamaition" was it when the Jests' "vaunted prevent" defense prevented themselves from winning in regulation by allowing the Patsies to march all the way down the field to a touchdown, with a minute left and NO timeouts?

What kind of "proclamation" was it when the Jests, who'd stuffed Randy Moss all night with double teams, inexplicably -- with the ball on the 8-yeard line -- had a SINGLE defender LAY OFF MOSS 5 YARDS DEEP, thereby allowing the very touchdown the so-called "prevent defense" was trying to prevent??

Boy, talk about a BIG HUGE CHOKE JOB!

It was a matter of sheer happenstance that the Jests won the game at this point. They happened to win the OT coin toss and they took about 8 minutes marching down the field never letting the Patsies have the ball. Credit that to them.

But the Patsies could just as easily have won the coin toss themselves. Or, they could have gambled after they scored the final touchdown with a 2-pooint conversion attempt, settling the game up-and-down, right there, with NO OT.

The Jests were LUCKY to eke out a narrow OT win.

This was NO PROCLAMATION whatsoever.

Geez -- what IS it with NY sportswriters? Ever since I went to Fordham in 1968, I've noted such a great proclivity to EXAGGERATE. Gees -- to a NY writer, a 5-pound bass is the Catch of the Century if it happens inside NYC.

Parker isn't going to get healthy this year. In the games he plays in, he'll be wearing a shoulder harness. After the season, he gets surgery.

Well Mangina never beat Belichick so the Jets fans now think they are going to the SB. Although I am not much of a Belichick fan you have to hand it to him for still having a competitive team. Brady goes down and everybody writes off the Patriots but they are still fighting to win the division with a QB that was never the number one QB anywhere.

What makes me laugh about the Jets is that most of their fans are also Met fans. In being Met fans most of them complain that the Yankees do nothing but buy champonships and big names(something that is not the case but that is for another time)yet this year they love to tell you how the great management team of Tangini as they say brought in 7 former pro bowlers via trade or free agency Favre, Jenkins, Woody, Faneca, Richardson, Law and Bubba Franks and how great those guys have made their team.

Jets are a decent team and they seem to have the perfect storm brewing, Favre trade, Brady injury, Pats injury ravaged, easy schedule, wide open AFC. Sort of like Jimmy Fassel and his magical albeit overrated run in 2000. They could very well go to the SB like that Giant team and probably would get their asses handed to them like that Giant team. I would love to be so lucky as a Giant fan to win another. We have to get there first.

What makes me laugh about the Jets is that most of their fans are also Met fans. In being Met fans most of them complain that the Yankees do nothing but buy champonships and big names(something that is not the case but that is for another time)yet this year they love to tell you how the great management team of Tangini as they say brought in 7 former pro bowlers via trade or free agency Favre, Jenkins, Woody, Faneca, Richardson, Law and Bubba Franks and how great those guys have made their team.

Jets are a decent team and they seem to have the perfect storm brewing, Favre trade, Brady injury, Pats injury ravaged, easy schedule, wide open AFC. Sort of like Jimmy Fassel and his magical albeit overrated run in 2000. They could very well go to the SB like that Giant team and probably would get their asses handed to them like that Giant team. I would love to be so lucky as a Giant fan to win another. We have to get there first.

the jets are a slightly above average team in what seems to be a weak AFC this year. They are playing decent. I mean nobody is crowning the cardinals as superbowl threats so it amazes me the jets are being mentioned. The jets would get railed by a team like pittsburg

and in regards to the yankees... I am a yankees fan and the whole buying team argument is a weak one. Were we buying teams in the 90's when we won all those rings? No... 26 championships led money to flow into the organization that MADE IT POSSIBLE to buy high priced free agents... we won those rings and the money was built on winning those rings.... so for everyone that whines... win multiple championships and more money will flow into your organization....

hell if we make it I would love playing the jets... their so overhyped its scary...

Agreed! Imagine only the Jets standing between us and another Super Bowl Championship? Too good to be true! It would be like the Dems getting to run against Sarah Palin in 2012!

Well as much as the thread is kinda in Jest (or Jets), the truth of the matter is that the Jets really did a decent job in the offseason. Tannenbaum seems to be a decent GM. Jenkins is a load, Faneca and Woody along with Manigold and really helped the o-line out. Calvin Pace was a nice pickup for them also.And the Favre trade helps them because if nothing else, he legitimized them. He made the league take them serious. Then you got guys on there like Rhodes, Revis and Cotchery and Thomas Jones and you realize they have talent. But there's 2 things missing. The Jets are not deep, if they get some injuries, they are in trouble. Our Giant team last year was much deeper than this Jets team. Secondly and you may not agree, but Mangini is not a good coach IMO. Already Favre and him have differences in philosophy, I doubt Favre even respects the guy (he's older than mangini).