SportsWrath

Im going topic crazy today....Ben Roethlisberger(sp) sucks

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

I dont know why people think he is so good. Personally, I think he is average at best. Even when he has time, which is hardly ever, he isnt very accurate. And he really doent throw the ball that much either. I dont know about the rest of you, but I wouldnt want him orchestrating a 4th qtr game winning drive.

I'll take Eli over him anyday, Eli is clearly the better QB.....and its not even close

Have to say I agree, except I think he is good, just not great. But youre spot on about the 4th qtr drives. Very few QB's do it better than Eli.

not even that, he misses badly even when he has time. He is not very accurate and his recievers make extraordinary plays to bail him out. if he were on another team, say the Lions, we'd be saying he was one of the worst QB's in the league.

Rothlisberger is a good QB, his line pretty much blows as he's been getting sacked all year, and he's been playing hurt. He had a good season last year. He's without his best running back and top wide receiver for yesterday. That pass he made to Washington was money.

The Eli vs Ben deal is worn out, both have led their teams to a superbowl, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Rothlisberger is a good QB, his line pretty much blows as he's been getting sacked all year, and he's been playing hurt. He had a good season last year. He's without his best running back and top wide receiver for yesterday. That pass he made to Washington was money.

The Eli vs Ben deal is worn out, both have led their teams to a superbowl, it doesn't really matter anymore.

True, except that Eli having the 4th qtr comebacks gives hin the edge IMO. I know what you mean, it doesnt matter anymore, the debate. But if you're stacking em up, I like Eli.

Have you seen the Tuck quote on Eli and the deal?

""To come in here and lead this football team to a win in this hostile environment against the No.1 defense in the league, obviously I feel as though we made the right pick as far as taking Eli in that situation," Justin Tuck said. "Everyone wants to call him dopey when he looks on the football field and he has no expression on his face. But he's clutch. He really doesn't get rattled. He's just as calm as the back side of a pillow. You have to give Ben credit, too. He stayed in there and we were hitting him all game."

If the 2004 draft went............................San Diego keeps Eli,Giants take Lil' Ben and Pittsburgh takes Rivers. We would have been 4-12 last year and Eli would have at least two rings in San Diego, Rivers probably has one in Pittsburgh(they would of won super bowl 40 no matter what). I was thinking yesterday Roethlisberger is one of the most overatted players in the NFL he won a super bowl and gets a free pass since he only threw the ball like 12 times a game that year too, Pittsburgh wins with D and a pounding the ball mentality. Ben really does nothing and if he started with an average team he would be probably be a career backup someone similar to Carr or Harrington.