SportsWrath

David Tyree Signs a 5 year deal with the Giants.

NeMesiS

http://www.nj.com/newslogs/starledger/index.ssf

Giants Re-Sign WR David Tyree to 5-Year Contract : Eric from BBI : 3/22/06 10:38 AM

Giants sign David Tyree to five-year deal The Giants and David Tyree have agreed to a new five-year contract, his agent, Mark Clouser, said this morning. Tyree is expected to sign the deal today. Financial terms were not immediately available, though Clouser said the contract makes Tyree the highest-paid special-teams player in league history.

http://www.nj.com/newslogs/starledger/index.ssf

Giants Re-Sign WR David Tyree to 5-Year Contract : Eric from BBI : 3/22/06 10:38 AM

Giants sign David Tyree to five-year deal The Giants and David Tyree have agreed to a new five-year contract, his agent, Mark Clouser, said this morning. Tyree is expected to sign the deal today. Financial terms were not immediately available, though Clouser said the contract makes Tyree the highest-paid special-teams player in league history.

on the link that you gave us, if you click read more this is what it said:

Tyree, who played at Montclair High School, has established himself as a special-teams ace for the Giants since the team drafted him in the sixth round of the 2003 draft as a wide receiver out of Syracuse University. He was selected to the Pro Bowl as a special teamer last season.

Tyree will again compete for a spot as the Giants’ third receiver this upcoming season. He has 31 career catches for 418 yards and two touchdowns.

Awesome, but highest paid special teamer in league history? Does that include kick returners?

If anyone deserves it, it's him. Special Teams players fight hard jsut to even see the field, and he takes advantage of his playing more thean anyone else in the league. Congratulations Tyree, you are a TRUE GIANT!! :clap::flex::rock::TU: :worshippy:

I'm more relieved then pleased with this one. I seriously thought a team was on the verge of trading for him.

With him locked up and us signing other guys, we should have some of the best ST coverage in the league.

btw, who keeps track of special team player contracts? :mellow:

speaking of special teams... any update on feagles? I was on break and out of touch for the past 10 days. I think this is the time when players make the final choice to play or retire (i heard favre has decided to play) which made we wonder about feagles.

I think if the Giants continue to improve this offseason he will decide to stay and take one final shot at the SB.

speaking of special teams... any update on feagles? I was on break and out of touch for the past 10 days. I think this is the time when players make the final choice to play or retire (i heard favre has decided to play) which made we wonder about feagles.

I think if the Giants continue to improve this offseason he will decide to stay and take one final shot at the SB.

Feagles will PROBABLY play one more year... I'm sure Tyree will have a talk with him

Feagles will PROBABLY play one more year... I'm sure Tyree will have a talk with him

Actually, I think Jeff announced that he will come back another year except will be like Roger Clemens and go home a couple days a week in Arizona.

Maybe he'll land a trip to the bahamas if Keyshawn comes and wants to be #18 ;)

Actually, I think Jeff announced that he will come back another year except will be like Roger Clemens and go home a couple days a week in Arizona.

Maybe he'll land a trip to the bahamas if Keyshawn comes and wants to be #18 ;)

good to hear. thanks.

another thing about the topic at hand to relax people a bit about Tyree being the highest paid special teamer in the league check this out...

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants have re-signed Pro Bowl special teams player David Tyree to a five-year contract.

The deal makes Tyree the highest-paid special teams player in the league, said Tyree's agent, Mark Clouser, and is on a par with money paid to No. 3 receivers in the league.

"It's basically receiver money. David wants to be a receiver in this league and feels he should be paid receiver money," said Clouser.

The Giants confirmed the signing but did not comment on the specifics of the deal.

Tyree, who went to high school in Montclair, less than 10 miles from Giants Stadium, made the Pro Bowl for the first time in 2005 when he made 16 special teams tackles (13 solo) and blocked a punt. He also caught 5 passes for 52 yards and one touchdown.

I guess he'll start to be our permanent 3rd reciever

Awesome, but highest paid special teamer in league history? Does that include kick returners?

Im glad he is signed too and I question the same thing. I like him, but highest paid STer every?? I dont know if we should have done that.

Im glad he is signed too and I question the same thing. I like him, but highest paid STer every?? I dont know if we should have done that.

read my previous post....

The deal makes Tyree the highest-paid special teams player in the league, said Tyree's agent, Mark Clouser, and is on a par with money paid to No. 3 receivers in the league.

"It's basically receiver money. David wants to be a receiver in this league and feels he should be paid receiver money," said Clouser.

he is also going to be our 3rd reciever unless someone in training camp out-shines him

read my previous post....

he is also going to be our 3rd reciever unless someone in training camp out-shines him

He's getting paid 3rd reciever money when he wont be our third reciever. Ya know that means nothing to me too begin with, thats why I didnt even comment on it. We are paying him that money to play special teams, not to be our 3rd WR. Regardless of whether or not he is our "3rd" reciever as of right now. EA made it clear reciever was a priority, and trying to re-sign Carter and even taking a look at Keyshawn proves we are trying to bring in a real #3.