SportsWrath

Pudge in pinstripes

Lubeck

With the money he made I guess he seemed more like a mercenary than a soldier.

Maybe, but he didn't seem to get along with the other players, after he left I read an article where I believe Michael Young and a few others say they hated playing with him and he was an ass and all that. Might have been jealousy, but I think he was kind of an asshole when he played for us.

I didn't think he was available. That is why when my uncle mentioned him before as a catcher with offensive power I said to him "Yeah but he isn't available."

Bastard calls me up not an hour later telling me about the trade and bragging.

Well....I'm thrilled to have a solid catcher to team up with Molina with Posada out for the year. The Yanks would've been screwed if Molina went down.

However, the bullpen has been a strength for the Yanks lately and Farnsworth was becoming the "lights out" 8th inning guy. I really like Ramirez and Marte in the relief pen....but it's nice to have a guy who can throw a 100 mph and knock the wind out of opponents in the 8th. Personally, I think the Yanks gave up a lot to get a rent-a-catcher for 8 weeks. Not that they didn't have to do something about getting a catcher in there, but they gave up a lot. Hopefully, Pudge has a little of his old offensive hitting and pop left in his bat now that he's nearing the end of his career.

For Farnsworthless straight up...good deal. Plus, when we lose Pudge in the off season, we gain 2 picks. Now I'll just sit back wonder what starter we get tomorrow.

Remember though, you don't automatically gain two picks if he goes somewhere else. The Yankees first have to tender him to some offer sheet and if he rejects it then you get some picks but there is a chance that he accepts it and then what do you do? Not all teams give these guys an offer sheet so it is not as simple as getting two picks. There is a chance that Yankees do not tender him and they don't have any picks.

Call me superstitious, but I hated to break up a set. It was getting to be lights out with a combo of Farnsy, Remirez and Veras coming in in the late innings. Now Marte’s going to have to take over Farnsy’s role. I can understand the trade. Our f*king bats are anemic way too often, but I wish we could have gone another route, especially for an old man who could break down just as quickly as Posada did.

Another problem I have with this trade is that the pitchers were really beginning to connect with Molina. Taking Posada out of there, the team ERA went from about 4.40 to about 4.00. Now they’ll have to start fresh.

To me, this trade happened about 5-6 years too late. I wish we would have gone a different route also. But something had to b done. Molina is horrible at the plate...Just simply awful. I have no doubt in my mind if Molina was playing in the NL, the pitcher would be batting ahead of him.