SportsWrath

Question about the Superbowl DVD

echochamber

Does anyone know for certain what games will be included in this set? I've read various reports. One says it's all 4 Giants playoff games plus the week 17 game. The other says the SB, week 17, & the NFC & AFC Championship games. The latter would suck. i could care less about the AFC game.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mine shipped out on Friday. I don't know why, but I selected USPS so it wont be here until July. You never know though, it left the Philadelphia facility on Saturday. I am going away on Saturday so hope it is here by then.

Yeah, I ordered the one that's been on the Giants site and it's an abbreviated season review. I thought that I was ordering the one that would contain the entire SB.

The one I got was okay, but leaves a lot to be desired. I'm so bummed.

Oh well, I've got tons of other Giants memorabelia,

Super Bowl XLII Champions DVD

Item# G-22833

Price: $24.99

Own the most anticipated and watched sporting event of the year. Complete with highlights from the regular season, playoffs and the big game itself. The 2008 release will contain over 3 full hours of Super Bowl coverage and behind the scenes action. DVD cover image may vary.

If this is the one you're referencing, I have it and it's not the complete games by any means.

Perhaps we're all talking about two separate DVD's?

Just received the "Road to Super Bowl XLII" DVD. It's a five disc set. Disc 1 is wk 17, 2 is WC Playoffs, 3 Divisional Playoffs, 4 NFC Championship, and 5 Super Bowl XLII. Full games.

EDIT: There's no trophy presentation on the DVDs. :furious:

Just received the "Road to Super Bowl XLII" DVD. It's a five disc set. Disc 1 is wk 17, 2 is WC Playoffs, 3 Divisional Playoffs, 4 NFC Championship, and 5 Super Bowl XLII. Full games.

EDIT: There's no trophy presentation on the DVDs. :furious:

nO TROPHY PRESENTATION?! WTF? Anyhoo, are the game at least widescreen? I don't wanna see no 4:3 garbage

4:3

I'm sure that they have a Blu-Ray version of it tho. I don't have a HDTV so I really don't care. There's really no special features either. Strahan gives commentary on the SB42 disc, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong I love the DVD, but it could've been done better. I mean they could've had the Trophy presentations from the NFCCG and SB42 but they don't. They could've had the other broadcasts of the SB, like the WFAN broadcast (Although I think Joe Buck's call of the Burress TD was better than all the rest of them). They could've done so much more with it in the amount of time that they had.

Super Bowl XLII Champions DVD

Item# G-22833

Price: $24.99

Own the most anticipated and watched sporting event of the year. Complete with highlights from the regular season, playoffs and the big game itself. The 2008 release will contain over 3 full hours of Super Bowl coverage and behind the scenes action. DVD cover image may vary.

If this is the one you're referencing, I have it and it's not the complete games by any means.

Perhaps we're all talking about two separate DVD's?

that looks different can you link me up to that?

4:3

I'm sure that they have a Blu-Ray version of it tho. I don't have a HDTV so I really don't care. There's really no special features either. Strahan gives commentary on the SB42 disc, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong I love the DVD, but it could've been done better. I mean they could've had the Trophy presentations from the NFCCG and SB42 but they don't. They could've had the other broadcasts of the SB, like the WFAN broadcast (Although I think Joe Buck's call of the Burress TD was better than all the rest of them). They could've done so much more with it in the amount of time that they had.

Are you telling me it's not in Widescreen?

Are you telling me it's not in Widescreen?

Unless there's a HD version of the DVD that's what I'm saying. They screwed up with something that could've been amazingly great. Now it's just great. There's no options for anything on the DVDs. Each one lets you select which qtr to begin on and the SB DVD has Michael Strahan commentary if you want it on but that's it.

i heard the quality was terrible

It's normal quality, which means 4:3 screen ratio and 480i resolution. If you watch it on a normal tv it'll be fine but if you watch it on a HDTV it'll probably look like crap. I said b4 that they cut out some really good parts like the trophy presentations. While that's disappointing, having the games at all is a plus for me.