SportsWrath

Are you smarter than Mario Manningham, take the test

xxi-xxv

45, guess I am a bit smarter.

Even the hard ones were not that hard. Geez these guys are dumb.

Do they really get college degrees? If someone scores a 6 on a legit try they couldn't earn even a Liberal Arts degree.

I got 16 out of 20. #19 threw me off because I wasn't paying attention to the fact that it said SOUTHERN hemisphere. :rolleyes:

So, where am I? Dan marino dumb, or am i all the way to Vince Young retardness? :P

40, you are not that dumb at all

I imagine a lot of guys don't even try on the test. It's relevance is non-existant. I'm sure just about anyone here would outscore Mario by at least 20 points; all it means is that we're "smarter" when it comes to taking tests. On the flip side, his intelligence makes him much better at running routes and tracking down deep balls. Sadly for us, his type of intelligence tends to garner a much higher salary... <_<

Manningham left as a JR. if he got a degree I would be shocked

He never even bothered going to class. I'd be surprised if he even had junior standing upon leaving the school. The Ann Arbor News had a comprehensive series a few weeks back about how revenue-sport student-athletes are basically not students at all, and Mario is an extreme example of that.

Well I am sure some kids that play football go to class I have to imagine that Henne and Long might have been decent students?

Its a shame that these kids do not see how fortunate they are to be able to get that education AND play football.

Well I am sure some kids that play football go to class I have to imagine that Henne and Long might have been decent students?

Its a shame that these kids do not see how fortunate they are to be able to get that education AND play football.

It's really not their choice. Being a varsity athlete is such a time commitment that they almost have no time during the season to focus on academics. Only a few can balance their sport and their schoolwork, but most usually take independent studies and other joke classes to get credits. And a decent amount just blow off academics altogether. Gabe Watson was here 4 years and left school 35 credits shy of a degree. It's hard to blame them when their future is the NFL and the school only cares about their athletic contributions.

The truth is, schools like U-M bring these guys in to play football and nothing else. It's ultimately a reflection of the commercialization of the NCAA.

He never even bothered going to class. I'd be surprised if he even had junior standing upon leaving the school. The Ann Arbor News had a comprehensive series a few weeks back about how revenue-sport student-athletes are basically not students at all, and Mario is an extreme example of that.

Which is why college athletes should get a stipend.

Are they timed? Does it say anywhere how long it took these guys to take the test. I'm sure some of them just blow it off and put any answer just to get it over with.

Apparently they have 12 minutes to complete the 50 questions.

#17 is also a faulty question. Any person who took high school math can tell you that 9 is the only perfect square of those numbers. Sure, 10 is the only even number, too, but imagine how slighted I felt when I looked and the answer was 10 when I KNEW 9 was the only perfect square...

Then doubting myself, I went back and actually checked all of them with a calculator. 9 is the only perfect square among those numbers!