SportsWrath

Draft Grades

Not much better this year

New York Giants: GRADE: C+

I understand taking safety Kenny Phillips with the last pick in the first round. He had a great sophomore season in 2006. Terrell Thomas could be a No. 2 cornerback, but I thought that pick was just OK. Wide receiver Mario Manningham is worth a role of the dice in the third round because he has talent, but his stock dropped in the months leading up to the draft, with some teams viewing him as a late-round pick. Jonathan Goff was a good find in the fifth round, and the same can be said about Andre' Woodson in Round 6. Defensive end Robert Henderson is just a marginal prospect.

Not much better this year

I don't see anything that he said that would merit a C+.

The only pick he seemed down on was our 199th pick. Does he expect a guy like Brady to go there every time or something?

I don't see anything that he said that would merit a C+.

The only pick he seemed down on was our 199th pick. Does he expect a guy like Brady to go there every time or something?

The draft is over rated as far I'm concerned. It's just something else they use to make money now. Then all these "experts" try and tell teams that they did a shitty job picking teams? If these guys are so fucking smart, why aren't they general managers?

When asked on ESPN who they thought had the best draft out of all the playoff teams, Jaws jumped up and said "how about the Superbowl champion New York Giants" citing how we addressed our needs accordingly and liking the reach of Manningham. Mortensen agreed while Kiper stayed quiet. If you're going to ask me who I think knows better out of all three thenI think it's no contest that Jaws and Mort know a shit load more than Kiper does.

I don't think Kiper has given us more than a C in any draft other than the Eli draft, and that's when we got Snee also.

I listen to NFL Radio when I'm in the car and anybody who talked about the draft says the Giants had a good one. I agree.

I don't see how anyone can be upset with this draft. Great value picks all the way through which also addressed our most pressing needs in order.

Apart from the OL depth not being addressed, I have no complaints at all. Those 2 linebackers have raw ability that could translate into starter material later on and they could contribute on special teams right away. Phillips and Thomas and Manningham could all see significant playing time this year, especially if there are injuries.

When you look at the overall Giants picture, we needed secondary help, we got it, and we needed depth in other areas and we got it except for one. Overall we can't complain.

Apart from the OL depth not being addressed, I have no complaints at all. Those 2 linebackers have raw ability that could translate into starter material later on and they could contribute on special teams right away. Phillips and Thomas and Manningham could all see significant playing time this year, especially if there are injuries.

When you look at the overall Giants picture, we needed secondary help, we got it, and we needed depth in other areas and we got it except for one. Overall we can't complain.

Don't we already have a fistful of OLine projects from the last few drafts?

Whimper is the only one that comes to mind right away. Am I forgetting others?

61 A. Koets - RT - 2007

79 G. Whimper - LT - 2006

There's also:

77 K. Boothe - G - 3rd year no stats

65 G. Ruegamer - C - 10th year Vet

61 A. Koets - RT - 2007

79 G. Whimper - LT - 2006

There's also:

77 K. Boothe - G - 3rd year no stats

65 G. Ruegamer - C - 10th year Vet

Ahhh, Koets, thats right. I cant even remember drafting Boothe :huh: and Grey filled in nicely. He wasnt really a project, he was already proven when he came to us.

Grey (Ruegamer) filled in nicely. He wasnt really a project, he was already proven when he came to us.

Yeah...he's been around the block and fills in very nicely as needed. Besides, how can you not believe in a man who spends his summers biting nuts off sheep? :o

Now there's a man!