SportsWrath

Oh Wonderful - our divisional opponents making a move

BleedinBlue

This truly sucks. The only teams interested (according to this article) are all three of our divisional opponents. If this goes through, a high end CB will be even more necessary for us to get before the season begins. Or maybe we should jump in the frey and also go after the same guy. At least drive the cost through the ceiling!

From PFT

EAGLES TO MAKE A MAJOR MOVE AT RECEIVER?

Posted by Mike Florio on April 21, 2008, 3:00 p.m.

"Last month, the Philadelphia Eagles made a run at two of the dozen (or so) elite NFL receivers who command the attention of at least two defensive players whenever on or anywhere close to the field.

The Eagles were unable to lure Randy Moss, a free agent at the time, away from New England. Efforts to swing a trade with the Cardinals for receiver Larry Fiztgerald were unsuccessful as well.

But there’s another high-end wideout who might ultimately be coming to Philly.

GCobb.com (which has been nailing many an Eagles scoop this offseason) says that Eagles radio analyst Mike Quick says he thinks that the Eagles “will make a major move” at receiver this week.

Apparently, the Cowboys and the Redskins are in the hunt as well.

Roy Williams, one of the rare first-round wideouts chosen by the Lions during the past decade who has turned into a solid player, is signed through 2008. But with receiver Calvin Johnson, the No. 2 overall selection in 2007, entering his second year and commanding a big chunk of cap space, the Lions have to ask themselves whether they should get try to get value for Williams now, or face losing him after the coming season. (They could also put the franchise tag on him and then trade him, but they would need roughly $10 million in cap space on the books in order to carry his one-year franchise tender until a trade would be worked out.)

For the reported suitors, the stakes are very high. Whoever doesn’t get Williams will have to face him twice per year".

This truly sucks. The only teams interested (according to this article) are all three of our divisional opponents. If this goes through, a high end CB will be even more necessary for us to get before the season begins. Or maybe we should jump in the frey and also go after the same guy. At least drive the cost through the ceiling!

From PFT

EAGLES TO MAKE A MAJOR MOVE AT RECEIVER?

Posted by Mike Florio on April 21, 2008, 3:00 p.m.

"Last month, the Philadelphia Eagles made a run at two of the dozen (or so) elite NFL receivers who command the attention of at least two defensive players whenever on or anywhere close to the field.

The Eagles were unable to lure Randy Moss, a free agent at the time, away from New England. Efforts to swing a trade with the Cardinals for receiver Larry Fiztgerald were unsuccessful as well.

But there’s another high-end wideout who might ultimately be coming to Philly.

GCobb.com (which has been nailing many an Eagles scoop this offseason) says that Eagles radio analyst Mike Quick says he thinks that the Eagles “will make a major move” at receiver this week.

Apparently, the Cowboys and the Redskins are in the hunt as well.

Roy Williams, one of the rare first-round wideouts chosen by the Lions during the past decade who has turned into a solid player, is signed through 2008. But with receiver Calvin Johnson, the No. 2 overall selection in 2007, entering his second year and commanding a big chunk of cap space, the Lions have to ask themselves whether they should get try to get value for Williams now, or face losing him after the coming season. (They could also put the franchise tag on him and then trade him, but they would need roughly $10 million in cap space on the books in order to carry his one-year franchise tender until a trade would be worked out.)

For the reported suitors, the stakes are very high. Whoever doesn’t get Williams will have to face him twice per year".

I predicted Roy Williams would be in a Dallas uniform when he hits the market next year and their 2009 recieving would be Williams and Limas Sweed and Crayton, T.O is gone at the end of this year. Dallas makes sense for Roy Williams he wants to be Texas, and it would give Romo a young wideout to develop with so maybe it happens this year

Good thing you quoted that article, BigBlue, or I'd never have known what you were talking about. ;)

All joking aside though... who cares? We stopped Green Bay's big-time recieving corps. We shut down T.O. We put the kibosh on Randy Moss except for one play where our guy slipped.

Roy Williams is nothing to be scared of. Although, I almost want him to go to Dallas just to see what they do to his jersey to distinguish him from the other Roy Williams. :unsure:

Good thing you quoted that article, BigBlue, or I'd never have known what you were talking about. ;)

All joking aside though... who cares? We stopped Green Bay's big-time recieving corps. We shut down T.O. We put the kibosh on Randy Moss except for one play where our guy slipped.

Roy Williams is nothing to be scared of. Although, I almost want him to go to Dallas just to see what they do to his jersey to distinguish him from the other Roy Williams. :unsure:

They should find a way to make their jerseys say this...

Roy Williams the WR (#11)... Roy Williams the overrated safety that can't tackle (#31)

They should find a way to make their jerseys say this...

Roy Williams the WR (#11)... Roy Williams the overrated safety that can't tackle (#31)

one of the mysteries of the NFL universe how the latter one makes the pro bowl every single year, does he have a big family or maybe i just figured it out people think they are voting for the WR so maybe if we do distinguish them the latter will stop making pro bowls

one of the mysteries of the NFL universe how the latter one makes the pro bowl every single year, does he have a big family or maybe i just figured it out people think they are voting for the WR so maybe if we do distinguish them the latter will stop making pro bowls

My son and I reenacted an horse collar tackle in front of him when he was signing autographs at the NFL experience this past SB. He didn't look like he enjoyed it too much. :rolleyes:

I wanted to follow it up with a "fuck you and the rest of the cowgirls". But the kids were there. <_<

Roy Williams the safety is proof that NFL fans should not be allowed to have any part of the voting process for the probowl. Maybe if he wasn't consistently getting torched he wouldn't have to horsecollar receivers from behind. He has to be one of the most targeted safeties in the NFL by opposing coordinators.

The good Roy Williams from Detroit getting traded to Dallas would be scary though. Roy opposite T.O is a potent duo.

Or they just don't want Lito.

Really though who cares who gets him. He is just another talented WR but nothing super-special that would scare Spags. The only place I would worry about is Dallas because they do have other receiving talent, but Washington and Philly....he would be the #1 guy. And after him the drop-off is pretty big. (I am not a fan of Moss in Washinton he disappears in games too often.)

According to the USAToday this morning, the Eagles have offered Lito and a high draft pick for Williams and the Lions declined the offer. The Lions must want an awful lot for him.

I have no doubts he'll end up in Dallas. They have 2 first rounders, they can trade one off.