SportsWrath

Eagles have signed Asante Samuel

BleedinBlue

Eagles gave Samuel a six-year deal worth around $54 million.

Good....we know he couldn't cover Smith or Plax. At least they didn't pick up Hall.

NEGATIVE, Bleedin'! It's a 6 year, $57 million dollar deal, about $20 million guaranteed, with $32 million to come in the first 3 years, according to NFL.com. They paid top-dollar, close to Clements money for him. He's a good corner, but he's not one of the top 5 in the NFL, maybe not one of the top 10. The Eagles overpaid for him.

NEGATIVE, Bleedin'! It's a 6 year, $57 million dollar deal, about $20 million guaranteed, with $32 million to come in the first 3 years, according to NFL.com. They paid top-dollar, close to Clements money for him. He's a good corner, but he's not one of the top 5 in the NFL, maybe not one of the top 10. The Eagles overpaid for him.

My bad...I just copied and pasted the figures posted on kffl.

I thought Samuel couldn't do press coverage?

They signed him to a relatively normal deal.

It's a good move for them.

$9M a year on a CB is considered normal? I'm not sure about that Gate...

These guys don't have a wide receiver worth a fuck and they go defense??. They picked the wrong Patriot. Samuel is overated, he sucked ass down the stretch of this season and was a non factor in the superbowl.

the dog's pretty sure they ranked 30th in the NFL in interceptions last season...it was a good move, but not earth shattering in the dog's opinion.

the dog's pretty sure they ranked 30th in the NFL in interceptions last season...it was a good move, but not earth shattering in the dog's opinion.

Getting an interception is a great thing. Puts the ball back into your quarterbacks hand. But then we are back to square one, who is he going to throw to?