SportsWrath

Who will the Giants open against?

Virginia Giant

Nope the Steelers are on the road.

I think it's the Bengals if Ocho is still on the team. I can also see Seattle.

I don't follow. What does it matter if the Steelers are on the road? I knew the champs open on Thursday nights, but are they always the away team or something?

I don't follow. What does it matter if the Steelers are on the road? I knew the champs open on Thursday nights, but are they always the away team or something?

The champs always open up at home, and we play the Steelers in Heinz Field this year.

So it has to be against one of these teams:

NFC East

Seattle, San Fran, Cincinatti, Baltimore, Carolina

The champs always open up at home, and we play the Steelers in Heinz Field this year.

NFC East

I would love to play the Seahawks at Giants Stadium away from the piped in noise....give Hasselback a chance to hear Tuck coming for him. :)

Yeah but it would be great ratings to do Dallas and the Giants again. I rather not play a team like that on a Thursday. Remember right now they cannot have games during the week with traffic and stadium parking so I am not sure the Giants will be able to work out a deal with local businesses.

Yeah but it would be great ratings to do Dallas and the Giants again. I rather not play a team like that on a Thursday. Remember right now they cannot have games during the week with traffic and stadium parking so I am not sure the Giants will be able to work out a deal with local businesses.

There was an article a couple of days ago about Mara negotiating with businesses to allow this to happen. He says he's getting positive feedback and it should work out well.

NFC East

Oh OK, I should have checked that myself before posting.

I would go along with Cincy as well, even if they sucked they still have a popular team with some good players.

There is a chance that the Giants might actually not get this game. WHY? Because on a weeknight, with off site parking lots being the usually empty on Sunday office parks and office buildings there is no place to put all the cars. From what I heard, to do this during the week logistically is just not feaseable with the off site parking and construction.

Fine by me, no week night home games for 2 years would be great.

There is a chance that the Giants might actually not get this game. WHY? Because on a weeknight, with off site parking lots being the usually empty on Sunday office parks and office buildings there is no place to put all the cars. From what I heard, to do this during the week logistically is just not feaseable with the off site parking and construction.

Fine by me, no week night home games for 2 years would be great.

Mara also said the Giants are working with the businesses that handled the off-site parking last year to make it possible for the Giants to host that Thursday night regular-season opener in September. Those businesses, obviously closed on Sundays and Sundfay nights, are open during the week, making their parking lots inaccessible for the Giants overflow parking.

But Mara said he thinks something could be worked out with those businesses to make possible a Thursday night opener at Giants Stadium.

I think it'll get done.

Why not? We're the world champs and they're South America's team.. and by that I mean the continent.

Maybe they think it'll be of better use in mid October. Keep in mind this is opening night we're talking about, they don't need to find the best possible divisional rivalry to use.

Giants-Cowboys would be a great opening night to attend though...