SportsWrath

Craig Dahl cut from Giants

boohyah

If he failed his physical he failed his physical, but I don't see Wilson going anywhere.

Ok he failed his physical. :huh:

As for Wilson, word is they are still way off and he will declare himself a free agent. Giants are not going to franchise him.

Ok he failed his physical. :huh:

As for Wilson, word is they are still way off and he will declare himself a free agent. Giants are not going to franchise him.

I was actually wondering about this. Is there a Giant FA that should be franchised? I don't think there is anybody major going into FA except Wilson.

WOW

This surprises me, considering Butler and Wilson possibly leaving. He failed his physical.

Tough break for the kid. I thought him and Johnson played very well in the limited time they had the chance... good luck to him.

And why is it that Wilson is suddenly a hot commodity? The guy played ok but he wasn't lights out either.

Word out of Dallas is that Ken Hamlin got hit with the franchise tag, so now Wilson is the hot commodity at safety for free agency.

Unless the Giants blow the load on him, Wilson would be smart to get into free agency.

No way would the Giants be willing to risj having to pay him the top 5 salary at the LB position. He is good, but he aint that good.

Not a tag I meant. He asked if we had any other major FA besides Gibril. I consider Kawika to be a solid part of our defense.

There's no chance Gibril is in a Giants uni next year. All we have to do is hope he doesn't sign with the Eagles. Look into Dwight Smith, maybe trade up for Kenny Phillips.

What are other safety options in draft? How about FA?

And why is it that Wilson is suddenly a hot commodity? The guy played ok but he wasn't lights out either.

Because there is almost no competition for his position in FA. He is hitting FA at a very good time and there are many teams with much more brutal secondaries than the Giants. Somebody will be willing to pay big coin to get a good safety, especially teams with a weak run D. Now that he has a ring I am sure he is ready to cash in. This why it's so hard to win multiple championships. Once a player has the ring and has reached the top the next step is a bigger paycheck. No need to take a money hit when you already have the ring.

Word out of Dallas is that Ken Hamlin got hit with the franchise tag, so now Wilson is the hot commodity at safety for free agency.

Unless the Giants blow the load on him, Wilson would be smart to get into free agency.

And I think we'll be fine playing Michael Johnson.. yes the guy has only one year under his belt in which he saw very little time but I don't see us over-paying for anyone.