SportsWrath

Well I'm back.

Allstarjim

Guys. Guys guys guys. Finally home from WLC (Army school). Two weeks away from home, and I missed almost all of the SuperBowl. They did have a SuperBowl party for the students and the game on the big screen in Grad hall, but it was made very clear to me that because I was Squad Leader that day and the next, that I was responsible for the students' performences that were being evaluated the following day. Wouldn't you know it, I had the two slowest people in my class being evaluated for leading PT the following morning, as well as a variety of other tasks I needed to complete to appease the instructors. I missed all but the final 9 minutes of the game. What irks me is people saying to me, "You didn't miss much" and "Nothing really happened until late in the 4th quarter anyway". I have been a Giants fan for as long as I've known what a football was. It's been 7 years since my team has been in the SuperBowl, and 17 since they won it in '91. I was 14 years old and still remember jumping up and down running all over my parent's house. I am 31 now. When my team makes it to the big one, I don't want to miss a second. Why can't these people understand that? I got no sleep that night after the game, partly because I was so pumped and partly because I had an immense amount of work to do still, from helping my intellectualy challenged squad mates pass and to complete the homework I had neglected due to the game and the homework/instruction I was doing. By the time I went to bed the next night, I was awake for 43 hours straight, and could only get 4 hours of sleep that night because of the late work/early wake up the next morning. It was grueling. Still, seeing the end of that game, "the catch" and so many of my fellow students going nuts after the victory, it was still special just being apart of it. I actually cried when they won. I was wiping away tears of joy, hugging perfect strangers, jumping up and down with them, screaming my head off, laughing, singing, it was awesome. The next day 3 people saw me and was like, "YOU WERE THE GUY THAT CRIED!" I just said, "hell yeah, tears of joy!" Truly a moment I will never forget. But now I just want to watch the game from start to finish. My girlfriend's dad recorded it and is sending me a dvd. Much to my chagrin, it wasn't here yet when I got home. Alas, hopefully on Monday. To make matters worse though, I saw no SportsCenter, as the only thing they showed was CNN in the chow hall, and there was no other TV we could watch, and almost as soon as the game ended, they kicked us all out so no post-game viewing at all. Guys, it was very hard for me that night not to watch that game, but seeing the end at least, and the first SuperBowl victory in 17 years, and 18-1, the whole thing, Hollywood could not write a better story about our guys. Truly unbELIevable.

Good to be back.

Guys. Guys guys guys. Finally home from WLC (Army school). Two weeks away from home, and I missed almost all of the SuperBowl. They did have a SuperBowl party for the students and the game on the big screen in Grad hall, but it was made very clear to me that because I was Squad Leader that day and the next, that I was responsible for the students' performences that were being evaluated the following day. Wouldn't you know it, I had the two slowest people in my class being evaluated for leading PT the following morning, as well as a variety of other tasks I needed to complete to appease the instructors. I missed all but the final 9 minutes of the game. What irks me is people saying to me, "You didn't miss much" and "Nothing really happened until late in the 4th quarter anyway". I have been a Giants fan for as long as I've known what a football was. It's been 7 years since my team has been in the SuperBowl, and 17 since they won it in '91. I was 14 years old and still remember jumping up and down running all over my parent's house. I am 31 now. When my team makes it to the big one, I don't want to miss a second. Why can't these people understand that? I got no sleep that night after the game, partly because I was so pumped and partly because I had an immense amount of work to do still, from helping my intellectualy challenged squad mates pass and to complete the homework I had neglected due to the game and the homework/instruction I was doing. By the time I went to bed the next night, I was awake for 43 hours straight, and could only get 4 hours of sleep that night because of the late work/early wake up the next morning. It was grueling. Still, seeing the end of that game, "the catch" and so many of my fellow students going nuts after the victory, it was still special just being apart of it. I actually cried when they won. I was wiping away tears of joy, hugging perfect strangers, jumping up and down with them, screaming my head off, laughing, singing, it was awesome. The next day 3 people saw me and was like, "YOU WERE THE GUY THAT CRIED!" I just said, "hell yeah, tears of joy!" Truly a moment I will never forget. But now I just want to watch the game from start to finish. My girlfriend's dad recorded it and is sending me a dvd. Much to my chagrin, it wasn't here yet when I got home. Alas, hopefully on Monday. To make matters worse though, I saw no SportsCenter, as the only thing they showed was CNN in the chow hall, and there was no other TV we could watch, and almost as soon as the game ended, they kicked us all out so no post-game viewing at all. Guys, it was very hard for me that night not to watch that game, but seeing the end at least, and the first SuperBowl victory in 17 years, and 18-1, the whole thing, Hollywood could not write a better story about our guys. Truly unbELIevable.

Good to be back.

Glad you are back and congrats to you for being in this school. This old trooper (Screaming Eagles) never heard of this army school. Can you explain what it is about and what it does for men who enter it. Is it a preliminary training place for Ranger School? Thank you and Stay well, you Patriot.

Glad you are back and congrats to you for being in this school. This old trooper (Screaming Eagles) never heard of this army school. Can you explain what it is about and what it does for men who enter it. Is it a preliminary training place for Ranger School? Thank you and Stay well, you Patriot.

It's PLDC revamped. They did away with PLDC a couple of years ago and WLC was it's replacement. Made some changes to modernize the training and make it more relevant to the modern battlefield.

You're a screaming eagle, too? :)

Damn, I expected a little more response/sympathy from my fellow GMen fans. Thanks to Nas and Patriot, at least!

Forgive them Jim. Most if not all are emotionally drained. This board is getting slower everyday...

Man, my friends made me drive to Brooklyn after the game.. they were shocked when I arrived I wasn't jumping up and down.. hell I couldn't even speak. They'd just hug me and I can barely muster a smile. They kept asking me if I was ok.. i told told them I was spent.. physically and emotionally...

Good to be back.

You can download the entire game (the NFL Replay version) from Itunes for 2.99. I also downloaded all the playoffs games.

Good to be back.

Welcome back Jim, and if there was any reason to miss a Giants game, this would be one of the few. Were all proud of you, but as Nas said, alot of people are either drained or not on here. Sorry for the late response, enjoy the dvd when you get it!

P.S. Im sure youre aware already, but you will appreciate the WHOLE game. Its those "casual" fans that think the beginning was boring. True Giant fans and true football fans for that matter will ALWAYS appreciate good Defensive football. ;)

Sorry you missed the game. Not that anyone does not sympathize with you, its just that I think people do not want to rub it in and make you feel bad about it. It was for a good cause though, so its not like it was for nothing. It was a classic.

Damn, I expected a little more response/sympathy from my fellow GMen fans. Thanks to Nas and Patriot, at least!

Glad to hear you're back. I've been gone all day or I would've responded sooner....sorry. I've wondered quite a few times whether you got to watch the game or not. The last nine minutes were certainly exciting, but I can 100% understand your feeling of being screwed by missing the rest of the game. It was one of the (if not "THE") most memorable emotional sports memory I have....one of those moments where you don't know whether to cry or jump up and down and scream (I chose crying like a little girly man), and it took several days for the reality of it all to settle in and finally believe it. Every time I woke up for a week that was my first thought...wondering if it had all been just a dream. So far this year has been great for me as a sports fan as I am also a huge fan of Ryan Newman and Kurt Busch who overcame unbelievable odds yesterday to win the Daytona 500 1st and 2nd...the superbowl of racing. Then my Orangemen knocked off Georgetown over the weekend so I'm flying high has a sports fan for the first time in a long time....2008 is certainly a year to remember. Now, if only the Yankees win the division and the World Series....it'll be the best year of my life.

ANyway....glad you're back and I feel for you having to miss the bulk of the game. That really sucks and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.....well....unless they were Eagle or Cowboy fans :)