Gibril Resigning  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Choices

• Reese Break the Bank for Him.
    • Pay Him well but not Overboard.
    • Give Him an OK Contract.
    • Drop Him and Draft a New Guy.
    • Gerbil Who?

I was reading Monday morning QB on SI and Gibril's name is mentioned with FAs like Lance Briggs and Asante Samuel. I think the Giants should try to keep him as much as possible but obviously not break the bank on him. I have the feeling he will be a hard one to sign because a team will probably be willing to over pay.

Redskins

Redskins

I don't think he's old enough yet. Probably in 5 years they'll be ready for him. :P

Apparently Zac Thomas though is going to be cut by the Dolphins. He should fit in perfectly with the Redskins. On the ESPN comments (I think it was ESPN) a poster wrote that the Pats should pick him up. As if the Pats need more over the hill defensive players.

The only way we would be keeping him I am afraid is if he is willing to play for less than he would get paid somewhere else. Always an idealist when it comes to the Giants I would hope he wants to stick with a winning team but I realize that this is a job and he wants to be paid as much as he can.

Hmm... I would say give him an ok contract, maybe pay him better, but definetly not break the bank. We really cant afford to lose him. He's going to want a grip though because after all I guess he can now(being he was a part of the killer defense in SB42). Too bad though it wasn't so much the play of him or any of the defensive backs that made this D a force. My gut feeling is he walks because some team will break the bank for him...*cough Redskins *cough.

Hmm... I would say give him an ok contract, maybe pay him better, but definetly not break the bank. We really cant afford to lose him. He's going to want a grip though because after all I guess he can now(being he was a part of the killer defense in SB42). Too bad though it wasn't so much the play of him or any of the defensive backs that made this D a force. My gut feeling is he walks because some team will break the bank for him...*cough Redskins *cough.

Is that ring in your avatar the actual design?

Is that ring in your avatar the actual design?

It's one design that's being considered. Here's a little bit on it http://www.nypost.com/seven/02122008/news/..._blue_97209.htm

Some basic information on superbowl rings from the New York Times:

WHAT: The most coveted piece of jewelry at this time of year does not come from the Joan Rivers collection of home-shopping trinkets. No, it's the Super Bowl ring, symbolic of victory in the National Football League's annual overhyped, usually soporific championship game (and no, the ring is not available on QVC).

Some players wear them. Some store them. Some have even sold them. Every player and coach lusts for one, despite its habitual lack of subtlety or modesty. These are very, very big gold and diamond rings.

WHO GETS THEM?: Every winning player and coach. The N.F.L. pays for up to 90 rings, and then it's left to the team to buy more than that, or to add extra diamonds and other modifications that surpass the league's $4,000-a-ring outlay. "Jerry Jones said it cost the Cowboys $8,000 last year," said Jim Steeg, the league's director of special events, referring to the Cowboys' owner.

SIZING IT UP:This is jewelry for big, beefy men! Men with thick, often gnarled fingers! Men who fling and maul other men every Sunday for a living! The average ring size is a 13, according to Jostens, a ring-making company; that is two sizes above the average man's ring size. But there are men AND THERE ARE MEN. For his Super Bowl XX ring in 1986, William (The Refrigerator) Perry, the enormous former Chicago Bears defensive tackle, broke the mold at a 23, a ring so large that a half-dollar coin can pass through it.

WHO MAKES THEM?: Ring makers like Balfour and Jostens, which have made 19 of the first 27. There are general design guidelines, but teams add their own touches to personalize the ring, including bromides like "Harmony, Courage and Valor" (Green Bay Packers, Super Bowl I), "Winning Edge" (Miami Dolphins, Super Bowl VII) and "Team of the '80's," (San Francisco 49ers, Super Bowl XXIV).

JUST THE BASICS: The N.F.L. approves of a ring with diamonds weighing 1.2 carats at a certain clarity, but each team can vary the points and clarity to its desire. Generally, the rings have the Super Bowl and N.F.L. logotypes; the words "World Champion"; a depiction of the Vince Lombardi Trophy, which goes to the Super Bowl victor, and the player's name and number and the team name.

It's one design that's being considered. Here's a little bit on it http://www.nypost.com/seven/02122008/news/..._blue_97209.htm

Some basic information on superbowl rings from the New York Times:

WHAT: The most coveted piece of jewelry at this time of year does not come from the Joan Rivers collection of home-shopping trinkets. No, it's the Super Bowl ring, symbolic of victory in the National Football League's annual overhyped, usually soporific championship game (and no, the ring is not available on QVC).

Some players wear them. Some store them. Some have even sold them. Every player and coach lusts for one, despite its habitual lack of subtlety or modesty. These are very, very big gold and diamond rings.

WHO GETS THEM?: Every winning player and coach. The N.F.L. pays for up to 90 rings, and then it's left to the team to buy more than that, or to add extra diamonds and other modifications that surpass the league's $4,000-a-ring outlay. "Jerry Jones said it cost the Cowboys $8,000 last year," said Jim Steeg, the league's director of special events, referring to the Cowboys' owner.

SIZING IT UP:This is jewelry for big, beefy men! Men with thick, often gnarled fingers! Men who fling and maul other men every Sunday for a living! The average ring size is a 13, according to Jostens, a ring-making company; that is two sizes above the average man's ring size. But there are men AND THERE ARE MEN. For his Super Bowl XX ring in 1986, William (The Refrigerator) Perry, the enormous former Chicago Bears defensive tackle, broke the mold at a 23, a ring so large that a half-dollar coin can pass through it.

WHO MAKES THEM?: Ring makers like Balfour and Jostens, which have made 19 of the first 27. There are general design guidelines, but teams add their own touches to personalize the ring, including bromides like "Harmony, Courage and Valor" (Green Bay Packers, Super Bowl I), "Winning Edge" (Miami Dolphins, Super Bowl VII) and "Team of the '80's," (San Francisco 49ers, Super Bowl XXIV).

JUST THE BASICS: The N.F.L. approves of a ring with diamonds weighing 1.2 carats at a certain clarity, but each team can vary the points and clarity to its desire. Generally, the rings have the Super Bowl and N.F.L. logotypes; the words "World Champion"; a depiction of the Vince Lombardi Trophy, which goes to the Super Bowl victor, and the player's name and number and the team name.

Cool, thanks. I think having all 3 trophy's on it cluters it up. The Colts ring from last year is the best, just the logo with the white gold and diamonds and the blue, kinda like this one.

563731637_9dfc238fc7.jpg

Only 13 votes??? Come on, people! How are we going to get Reese to see the light?

I told Reese to try to resign him for an average safety salary... never overpay. Reese told me that's been his thinking the entire time ;)

Posted by Mike Garafolo February 19, 2008 5:47PM

*S Gibril Wilson. No new deal for him, either. One interesting note here: The Giants are aware the Eagles will be looking for a safety in free agency. And because Philly plays a similar defensive system to the one Spags brought up here last year, the Giants believe the Eagles will be hot for Wilson. So not only do they want to sign him, they also want to make sure he doesn't land with their division rivals. Can you say leverage for Wilson and his agent?

Link

I would hate to see him in an eagles uni, especially with what else is out there at the safety position.

Link

I would hate to see him in an eagles uni, especially with what else is out there at the safety position.

Wilson does have a lot of leverage because there aren't a lot of good safeties to choose from. I think he is going to get paid well somewhere, not Clements money but a lot of money.