SportsWrath

With this Super Bowl win

Lubeck

Strahan and Toomer are Giant icons.

A shame Tiki couldn't keep his attitude to himself and stick around for another year.

The Giants reportedly snubbed Tiki prior to the SB and wouldn't even talk to him. God forbid Strahan retires and becomes a member of the media, but if he does I highly doubt he would be barred from the locker room. In fact he should be given a lifetime pass. Strahan and Toomer are the last of their breed, the longest lasting Giants in the free agent era and they both deserve the proper recognition for what they had done to help this team get to where they are.

A shame Tiki couldn't keep his attitude to himself and stick around for another year.

The Giants reportedly snubbed Tiki prior to the SB and wouldn't even talk to him. God forbid Strahan retires and becomes a member of the media, but if he does I highly doubt he would be barred from the locker room. In fact he should be given a lifetime pass. Strahan and Toomer are the last of their breed, the longest lasting Giants in the free agent era and they both deserve the proper recognition for what they had done to help this team get to where they are.

I remember when Toomer did nothing but return punts. I'm glad he finally got a ring and is now the greatest receiver in Giants history.

Strahan is a down to earth person.. as opposed to the self-serving self-centered big mouth "unnamed source" Tiki. I know some would argue that he's was a great player for the Giants... stats-wise he was.. but he was a locker room cancer and I would go as to put him in the same class as TO. Thank you Tiki.. I believe the Giants paid you handsomely for your services... goodbye.

Toomer is one of the classiest most humble human beings I've come across. The guy literally stood there and talked to me for 15 minutes while everyone was running inside escaping that blazing summer sun in 2002 training camp.

They are both GOATs and love them on this team.

I wonder if they both retire this year?

I have a feeling Strahan is less likely to retire than Toomer.. both have 2 years or so. I'm glad we already got Steve Smith and Justin Tuck in place as the apparent replacements.

I have a feeling Strahan is less likely to retire than Toomer.. both have 2 years or so. I'm glad we already got Steve Smith and Justin Tuck in place as the apparent replacements.

Agreed, I think they both may come back for one more year but their replacements (Smith and Tuck) should be ready to step in when they do.

I sure hope Strahan comes back for one more year. Even though he's getting older and at the typical age players call it quits, he's an inspiration to the younger guys. If he does retire, the Giants should pay him handsomely as an assistant coach or something so that he can continue to inspire our defensive line the way he does. His leadership in that regard is even greater than his play.

Imagine if Strahan had Tiki's attitude...the defensive line would reflect it. But instead, Strahan got behind "coach" with every drop of loyalty possible, and the youngsters who adore him followed suit. That's leadership and one of those "intangibles" that can never be measured.

I sure hope Strahan comes back for one more year. Even though he's getting older and at the typical age players call it quits, he's an inspiration to the younger guys. If he does retire, the Giants should pay him handsomely as an assistant coach or something so that he can continue to inspire our defensive line the way he does. His leadership in that regard is even greater than his play.

Imagine if Strahan had Tiki's attitude...the defensive line would reflect it. But instead, Strahan got behind "coach" with every drop of loyalty possible, and the youngsters who adore him followed suit. That's leadership and one of those "intangibles" that can never be measured.

You're absolutley right. I have done my best to stick up for Tiki, but it took us winning it all to realize just how selfish he was. I understand he felt like he wasnt appreciated, but he should have just stuck around and kept producing and that justified appreciation would follow suit.

But yes, Strahan needs to be around next yr, one way or another.

That catch he had before the INT....classic Toomer. He has made a career making those sideline catches.

Guy is money on those toe dragging catches; too bad he drops the easy ones too often. I think Strahan would be a good commentator, he has a good sense of humour (he just needs braces).

I would really be surprised if Strahan was still playing next year. He's certainly capable of it--I thought his performance Sunday was the best I've seen from him all year, and this was a decent year for him.

But he's won his Super Bowl (and was a big factor in it), showed no sign of fading when he's on the field, and is already a lock for the HOF. The only thing he has to gain by playing next year is an opportunity for a crippling injury and his salary. Sure there's the chance for another Super Bowl, but to get there twice in a row is particularly difficult in this day and age.

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if both retired. And yes, that's a far cry from what I was saying during his holdout.