SportsWrath

Hello from Arizona

xxi-xxv

Wow, its amzing to be here. Weather is nice, but I still would prefer Florida. I see no reason to live in a climate like this and not be near an Ocean, but its the Super Bowl and thats why we are here. Who cares that this place is as boring as back home in NY. Anyway, the flight here was awesome, a plane packed with Giant fans. We were delayed a bit taking off from the weather and there was much drinking going on at the airport bar. The flight was a blast, Giant chants, cheaters chants, best flight I have ever been on. Hotel here in Phoenix is nice, the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Phoenix, very clean, nice pool, lots of Giant fans. We will be making the drive to Glendale tomorrow. Tonight I am going to the Big Blue Travel party, my buddy got 2 tickets from a client. Sadly our wives cannot go so we are leaving them to do whatever. Cannot wait till tomorrow and aside from missing my son and wishing he was old enough to enjoy this, we are having a blast. My liver will be on lockdown come Monday morning(unless we win then all bets are off).

Wow, its amzing to be here. Weather is nice, but I still would prefer Florida. I see no reason to live in a climate like this and not be near an Ocean, but its the Super Bowl and thats why we are here. Who cares that this place is as boring as back home in NY. Anyway, the flight here was awesome, a plane packed with Giant fans. We were delayed a bit taking off from the weather and there was much drinking going on at the airport bar. The flight was a blast, Giant chants, cheaters chants, best flight I have ever been on. Hotel here in Phoenix is nice, the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Phoenix, very clean, nice pool, lots of Giant fans. We will be making the drive to Glendale tomorrow. Tonight I am going to the Big Blue Travel party, my buddy got 2 tickets from a client. Sadly our wives cannot go so we are leaving them to do whatever. Cannot wait till tomorrow and aside from missing my son and wishing he was old enough to enjoy this, we are having a blast. My liver will be on lockdown come Monday morning(unless we win then all bets are off).

Tell me about it. But we aint really that far from an ocean (about 4 hrs to mexico, 5 to SD). And as for the boring, you've been here a whole what, half a day? You dont know anything about this place, its got fun stuff to do. :rolleyes:

Yeah, have a good time. Even though i aint your favorite person, youre a Giant fan. Hope your trip is a fun one.

And to think you're downtown. Youre a hop skip and jump to some great longes and restauraunts of whom I know the owners very well. :rolleyes:

Well to answer a few questions and respond to some comments.

I did not pay 4 grand for a ticket, luckily since we are season ticket holders we were one of the extremely fortunate ones to win the lotto. They were 700 a piece. We used some Continental miles and the round trip airfare was 450 for 2(great deal) and my wife had like 1000 hilto honors points that we had been saving up. so the hotel was basically free(minus the stupid surcharges and the beers I ordered last night, more on that later). I am here with a guy who I have known for years, he has sat near me at Giants games since we were both kids, we are friends simply through that. He now is married, has three kids and he won the lotto for tickets as well. He took his wife as well and like me is getting crap from his buddies that he did not take. Like we both said, if each week we are not scrambling to see who wants to come to a boring game in October maybe they would be here. All in all the trip will run me about 2000-2500 for flight, hotel, tickets and rental car to the game(that I split with my friend). Believe you me, I would never do this for the outrageous prices they are charging.

Sorry who is offended, this place is boring. Do not get me wrong, its nice, laid back, the people are as wonderful to you as anyone can be, its just that its not NY. Thats about the worst I can say about it.

So last night, my friend gets these tickets to the Big Blue Travel party(only2) so he and I take the rental car and go to the party. Now people paid big time cash for these and my friend is a partner in a CPA firm in NJ and someone that knows someone type thing gave us these passes. So we go to the party(now mind you all these people with Big Blue Travel have been together since Thursday, paying between 6 to 7 grand for a package)and we walk in. People stared at us like where did we come from. Finnally a guy I would best describe as the Julie McCoy of Big Blue Travel asks us why we are here and how we ot here? Now me, I have no balls in these situations, but my friend does, so he in this incredulous tone starts ranting on how dare they ask who we are and we were told we were guest invites of this blah blah blah. The guy is apologetic and sits us at out table and we enjoyed the night. We did meet some ex Giants, but I have to say it was not what Big Blue Travel cracks it up to be. I got back to the hotel around midnight and sat up drinking Amstels from the mini bar until around 2am.

I am going to go downstairs now and see what they have for breakfast(hopefully a bloody mary) and go for a swim.

I hope everyone enjoys the game and has a safe day. Remember no drinking and driving because friends do not let friends do that or root for a bunch of whining cheaters like the Patriots!

:rock:

Well to answer a few questions and respond to some comments.

I did not pay 4 grand for a ticket, luckily since we are season ticket holders we were one of the extremely fortunate ones to win the lotto. They were 700 a piece. We used some Continental miles and the round trip airfare was 450 for 2(great deal) and my wife had like 1000 hilto honors points that we had been saving up. so the hotel was basically free(minus the stupid surcharges and the beers I ordered last night, more on that later). I am here with a guy who I have known for years, he has sat near me at Giants games since we were both kids, we are friends simply through that. He now is married, has three kids and he won the lotto for tickets as well. He took his wife as well and like me is getting crap from his buddies that he did not take. Like we both said, if each week we are not scrambling to see who wants to come to a boring game in October maybe they would be here. All in all the trip will run me about 2000-2500 for flight, hotel, tickets and rental car to the game(that I split with my friend). Believe you me, I would never do this for the outrageous prices they are charging.

Sorry who is offended, this place is boring. Do not get me wrong, its nice, laid back, the people are as wonderful to you as anyone can be, its just that its not NY. Thats about the worst I can say about it.

So last night, my friend gets these tickets to the Big Blue Travel party(only2) so he and I take the rental car and go to the party. Now people paid big time cash for these and my friend is a partner in a CPA firm in NJ and someone that knows someone type thing gave us these passes. So we go to the party(now mind you all these people with Big Blue Travel have been together since Thursday, paying between 6 to 7 grand for a package)and we walk in. People stared at us like where did we come from. Finnally a guy I would best describe as the Julie McCoy of Big Blue Travel asks us why we are here and how we ot here? Now me, I have no balls in these situations, but my friend does, so he in this incredulous tone starts ranting on how dare they ask who we are and we were told we were guest invites of this blah blah blah. The guy is apologetic and sits us at out table and we enjoyed the night. We did meet some ex Giants, but I have to say it was not what Big Blue Travel cracks it up to be. I got back to the hotel around midnight and sat up drinking Amstels from the mini bar until around 2am.

I am going to go downstairs now and see what they have for breakfast(hopefully a bloody mary) and go for a swim.

I hope everyone enjoys the game and has a safe day. Remember no drinking and driving because friends do not let friends do that or root for a bunch of whining cheaters like the Patriots!

:rock:

If you wanna try some great homecooked style Mexican food while your here, take Central Avenue south to Baseline rd. Poncho's Mexican food, best in the Valley. Thats if you dont have plans for lunch.

Back in NY, flight home was smooth and not as crowded as I figured. Many Giant fans on the plane, most seemed like they just wanted to absorb the whole thing, obviously less partying for the flight home(maybe hangovers?). Outside of the birth of my kid and my wedding that was the best experience of my life. It was surreal last night, about 40 minutes after the game when about 2500 Giant fans remained in the lower level just chanting lets go Giants. The look on the Pats fans faces walking out of there was priceless. They are an arrogant bunch, they needed this knockdown IMO to place them back to reality.

I will never hear Running Down a Dream ever again and not think of the 2007 New York Giants, of course I will never hear Free Falling again and not think of the 2007 new England Patriots.

Back in NY, flight home was smooth and not as crowded as I figured. Many Giant fans on the plane, most seemed like they just wanted to absorb the whole thing, obviously less partying for the flight home(maybe hangovers?). Outside of the birth of my kid and my wedding that was the best experience of my life. It was surreal last night, about 40 minutes after the game when about 2500 Giant fans remained in the lower level just chanting lets go Giants. The look on the Pats fans faces walking out of there was priceless. They are an arrogant bunch, they needed this knockdown IMO to place them back to reality.

I will never hear Running Down a Dream ever again and not think of the 2007 New York Giants, of course I will never hear Free Falling again and not think of the 2007 new England Patriots.

Which makes this win that much sweeter for everyone.. Giants fan or not.

Sounds like a great time, x-

I will be in AZ for my annual 'search for slop hitting caribbeans tour' aka sf giants spring training.

I spoke to a SF Giants fan this weekend and he said he comes every year for ST, said its a great place.