SportsWrath

Fassell

so-cal dub

I was glancing through the redskins board, and someone said they had connections and that Jim Fassell was interviewed today for the HC spot. :o

Well, I dont like any Formwer Giants goin to a rival, but if that will eliminate Spags goin there, Im all for it.

Yeah, but Im more afraid of Spags taking over that D. Plus, I dont want to lose Spags...obviously.

If the Redskins hired anyone but Gregg Williams there will be a mutiny in

that locker room. The defensive guys over there love his attacking style

of defense.

Wiliams would leave as I assume Saunders would too as Fassel would want his own offensice coordiantor and would want his stamp on the offense, no way Willams stays after 4 years, 4 interviews now and being jerked around like a 13 year old with a Penthouse magazine.

I hope he goes there, good for Jim.

being a good coordinator is like being a backup QB- everybody loves you. yet if you look at the guys in the championship game- 3 out of 4 were second chance HC's.

true and one(Coughlin) had a tremendous amount of success in stop 1, he just wore out his welcome so to speak. I sometimes think certain guys are better coordinators than head men, such as Dick LeBeau, Dom Capers, Marty Morningweig and Dom Capers. Ron Earhardt fit that mold as well.

true and one(Coughlin) had a tremendous amount of success in stop 1, he just wore out his welcome so to speak. I sometimes think certain guys are better coordinators than head men, such as Dick LeBeau, Dom Capers, Marty Morningweig and Dom Capers. Ron Earhardt fit that mold as well.

agreed- add norv turner into that mix. and 2 smart ones in johnson (eagles) and kippin.

agreed- add norv turner into that mix. and 2 smart ones in johnson (eagles) and kippin.

Norv sort of redeemed himself, but that Chargers team was too talented and the AFC west was too weak for him to at least not win that division. He did coach 2good games and his team playedgritty undermanned yesterday, so Norv is kind of in the middle. The jury is out on him when he has to start from scratch with a team, with a young QB, players etc.

Norv sort of redeemed himself, but that Chargers team was too talented and the AFC west was too weak for him to at least not win that division. He did coach 2good games and his team playedgritty undermanned yesterday, so Norv is kind of in the middle. The jury is out on him when he has to start from scratch with a team, with a young QB, players etc.

I think Norv cost his team a chance to win by not starting Volek. Rivers was a statue in the pocket and could not avoid the rush at all. The Patriots defense looked like they knew if they blitzed, they were going to win the play every time. Rivers could not even move around in the pocket very well, something that was painfully evident. I couldn't understand why they would bench LT yet let Rivers play on the bum knee, with an experienced QB that had just led your team on a game-winning drive in Indy. It's a decision that just baffles me and I don't think the press is giving it as much attention as it deserves.

I thought that was a bad move by Norv punting it in that spot. 4th and 10 is tough to convert but you gotta take that chance down by two scores against an offense that flat knows how to win. They gained 25 yards on that punt or something, not worth it IMO.

ALl Norv really did was go a game further than Marty with a very talented albeit banged up- Marty had this team with a bye so you can't count the wildcard win. I still think Norv is a much better asst. than HC. If he plays to his competency, he could be the best OC in the league. Instead, he's a fair to middlin HC.

I agree about Rivers though, he showed lots of grit. I heard he got surgery early in the week so he could play- that's chutzpah.

ALl Norv really did was go a game further than Marty with a very talented albeit banged up- Marty had this team with a bye so you can't count the wildcard win. I still think Norv is a much better asst. than HC. If he plays to his competency, he could be the best OC in the league. Instead, he's a fair to middlin HC.

I agree about Rivers though, he showed lots of grit. I heard he got surgery early in the week so he could play- that's chutzpah.

This is what pisses me off, Rivers plays the game with a fucked up MCL and Tomilson leaves a fucking championship game with a sore knee. I mean what the fuck if you win the game your going to the superbowl but instead the guy turns into a wimp and leaves the game. Your QB is playing with a sever MCL sprain which is going to require surgery and is putting all he has into the game and all this "MVP Pro Bowl" RB does is stand on the sidelines walking around with a "sore knee"....god dam pansy.

I totally disagree about Tomlinson. Perhaps he was not allowed back in the game. The HC has the ultimate authority there. And if he can't make his cuts, then Turner should go, because Turner could start for a lot of teams in the NFL. I still believe that Rivers hurt his team by trying to play as well. Volek was/is more than capable of moving that offense. Rivers was a sitting duck. It really was horrible watching him limp around in the pocket, knowing he couldn't even side-step away. And the Patriot front seven knew it, too. Is he tough? Hell yeah. But tough doesn't matter when you can't make the plays. Volek should've played.