SportsWrath

Sam Madison penalty

Has anyone reported or seen what Madison did to get that UR penalty? I can't find a decent explanation anywhere.

The only thing I heard was when Aikman said that Sam threw the GB player to the ground once the camera's were off them. They were pushing each other, then when the cameras went off them he said Sam threw him to the ground.

I'd also like someone to point out the hold that brought back the Bradshaw TD run. :brooding:

They show it here about 3/4 of the way thru. Real questionable call.

Video

The Madison play could have been a game breaker and I'd love for someone to show or tell me what happened.

I don't think I saw what happened either.

I'd also like someone to point out the hold that brought back the Bradshaw TD run. :brooding:

Shades of the Phantom hold by Hamilton in the Super Bowl. The ref had a picture of a hold in his mind and projected it onto the action. All he needed was confirmation by the Pack player who pointed at the OL and mimed holding. That is when he threw the flag. Madison from what I heard gave a light shove back after he was shoved.

Shades of the Phantom hold by Hamilton in the Super Bowl. The ref had a picture of a hold in his mind and projected it onto the action. All he needed was confirmation by the Pack player who pointed at the OL and mimed holding. That is when he threw the flag. Madison from what I heard gave a light shove back after he was shoved.

What SB? I dont know of any SB that the Hammer was in, it never happened. IT NEVER HAPPENED I TELL YA!! :cwy:

That call took all of our momentum that game, not saying we would have won

but we would have had a better chance.

And as you and I definitely know happens on every offensive play. Why call it there if you have not been calling it all day?

His hand was in the neck of the shell, not under the ribs, and he was pulling down. It was inconsequential to the play, but it was a clear hold. I also think they blew the whistle long before Bradshaw made it home and I doubt he goes to the house if that hadn't happened.

They show it here about 3/4 of the way thru. Real questionable call.

Video

The Madison play could have been a game breaker and I'd love for someone to show or tell me what happened.

Yeah i saw the play last night, I was being sarcastic. I was a little loaded, but I remember cursing the call.

Yeah i saw the play last night, I was being sarcastic. I was a little loaded, but I remember cursing the call.

The two I remember cursing at, we're the sack by Kabeer Baja....whatever his name, becaus he jumped early and it was noticeable, and the TD by Driver. He pushed Webster to the ground! Thats why he was so open!

Great point, BB1. I had completely forgotten about that sack, but it could've changed the game, and he was totally offside. As for the Driver/Webster play, I really felt like that was legal. If you come up to the line to bump a guy, you have to be careful that he doesn't put you on your ass. Yeah, there might have been some grabbing, but the refs aren't gonna call it at the line of scrimmage like that.

Anyway- WE WIN!

His hand was in the neck of the shell, not under the ribs, and he was pulling down. It was inconsequential to the play, but it was a clear hold. I also think they blew the whistle long before Bradshaw made it home and I doubt he goes to the house if that hadn't happened.

I gotta look at it again Tree....I will take your word for it.

Great point, BB1. I had completely forgotten about that sack, but it could've changed the game, and he was totally offside. As for the Driver/Webster play, I really felt like that was legal. If you come up to the line to bump a guy, you have to be careful that he doesn't put you on your ass. Yeah, there might have been some grabbing, but the refs aren't gonna call it at the line of scrimmage like that.

Anyway- WE WIN!

Yeah I agree on the Webster put down....he came up to jam him and got knocked down by the receivers momentum (mostly....with a little sling me thrown in...LOL). That play I have no problem with

The two I remember cursing at, we're the sack by Kabeer Baja....whatever his name, becaus he jumped early and it was noticeable, and the TD by Driver. He pushed Webster to the ground! Thats why he was so open!

KGB was clearly offside, but Osi got away with a clear hit below Favre's knees a drive or two earlier so it kinda balanced out.

There was one call earlier in the game that had me in hysterics but after all the drama I can't remember it for the life of me...

On the replay the flag was thrown when he was being tackled at LB level. Still sucked though when you think the game is over and see that damn flag.

KGB was clearly offside, but Osi got away with a clear hit below Favre's knees a drive or two earlier so it kinda balanced out.

There was one call earlier in the game that had me in hysterics but after all the drama I can't remember it for the life of me...

Was it the Snee holding penalty? Cause that was a joke.