SportsWrath

As of right now, weather report for Green Bay

so-cal dub

Sunday: Off and on snow flurries are possible along with variably cloudy skies. Cold. Dangerous wind chills may approach -30F. High 7F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.

Ughhh... Hope we show up head strong.

to quote lou reed "you gotta run, run, run, run, run, run,...

So... can someone explain to me (again) why we can't have a cold weather Super Bowl if we're having Conference Championship games in this crap?

Because not many people will show up. You watch, the stadium in Green Bay will be desolate on Sunday. :rolleyes:

to quote lou reed "you gotta run, run, run, run, run, run,...

I totally agree. As I think about it, the weather being this shitty, it's a running game. I have to believe our running game is more potent than theirs. It also takes a lot of pressure off our beat up secondary.

Go Giants

I actually hate cold weather games. Well, at least this cold. I know it seems like good, old fashioned football, but when you can only play a portion of the game due to weather I think that stinks. Like in Miami,do you really think we were 3 points better than the Dolphins? If its cold and snows a little, thats one thing. But if it gets so bad that you cant even pass, thats gonna suck. Because then the LUCKY team will get in the SB, not the DESERVING team.

people are making way too much of the weather...if the dog remembers correctly, weather impacts both teams...these are professionals that get paid good money to weather the elements...

Yeah, Im not saying the Giants will be affected, Im saying both teams. And they dont get paid to outsmart Mothernature.

So... can someone explain to me (again) why we can't have a cold weather Super Bowl if we're having Conference Championship games in this crap?

Money and TV.....TV mostly. The SB isn't just the game anymore..its "Super Bowl Week" and you can't have that at 10 below.

TV is why the game is at 5 p.m. when the Sun has gone down in Green Bay and taken another 5 or 10 degrees under the Mendoza line and the wind picks up.

The Pats should be playing today at noon and the G-men tomorrow at noon. But TV doesn't want that.

C. Wagon

The weather is going to make things interesting, that's for sure.

A strong wind will make it tough to throw for both QBs, so the offenses (presumably) will be running more and throwing more short passes.

On the other hand, if the field is frozen, it makes the D-linemen's first step not as effective, slowing down the pass rush.

It should be a fun one to watch.

I actually hate cold weather games. Well, at least this cold. I know it seems like good, old fashioned football, but when you can only play a portion of the game due to weather I think that stinks. Like in Miami,do you really think we were 3 points better than the Dolphins? If its cold and snows a little, thats one thing. But if it gets so bad that you cant even pass, thats gonna suck. Because then the LUCKY team will get in the SB, not the DESERVING team.

that was london, big

Sunday: Off and on snow flurries are possible along with variably cloudy skies. Cold. Dangerous wind chills may approach -30F. High 7F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.

Ughhh... Hope we show up head strong.

Bah, it's -24C with wind chills of -36C here (F and C meet at -40). Once you start running it won't matter it's the standing around after sweating that's going to be the biggest problem; when the O and D have to wait to play again.

Do you know how big it would be if we got an 8 minute scoring drive for a TD sometime in the first half? And have another long one in the second. That could be all we'd need to win. I know Eli managed to take a team that was off the field for 10 football minutes down for a TD in 55 seconds but I guarantee neither offense will be able to do that following a long drive.