SportsWrath

Serious Question that needs a serious answer.

RandolphScott

I'm sick to to death with all this fucking Patriots coverage. Low and behold, the Colts have been putting on a tear of their own, but apparently ESPN doesn't recognize that.

BTW, the Patriots have one of the worst run defenses in the league. I think ESPN doesn't recognize that either.

The Pats are losing in the playoffs. ;)

I'm sick to to death with all this fucking Patriots coverage. Low and behold, the Colts have been putting on a tear of their own, but apparently ESPN doesn't recognize that.

BTW, the Patriots have one of the worst run defenses in the league. I think ESPN doesn't recognize that either.

They are losing Saturday.

If the Giants do in fact win will Al Michaels go

"DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES....YES!"

they are 10th in rush defense (giants are 11th),second in overall D, 1st in offense- not too shabby.

they are 10th in rush defense (giants are 11th),second in overall D, 1st in offense- not too shabby.

Yeah, but they're also 2nd lowest in number of rush attempts. Stands to reason they'd rank high in total rush D. I'm not saying they havn't earned their rank, but if your team is up 24 by half time, chances are the opposing team isn't gonna run the ball 20 times against you the second half.

Yrd/rush avg is the most telling stat for me. The pats are 5th highest at 4.4 / att. Giants are 17th highest at 4.0. and the Ravens and Vikes are the class of the league at 2.9 and 3.0 respectivley.

Yeah, but they're also 2nd lowest in number of rush attempts. Stands to reason they'd rank high in total rush D. I'm not saying they havn't earned their rank, but if your team is up 24 by half time, chances are the opposing team isn't gonna run the ball 20 times against you the second half.

Yrd/rush avg is the most telling stat for me. The pats are 5th highest at 4.4 / att. Giants are 17th highest at 4.0. and the Ravens and Vikes are the class of the league at 2.9 and 3.0 respectivley.

by your logic, it would stand to reason then that their pass D would suffer as other teams abandon the run, yet they are 7th- as i said not too shabby.

you guys can try to poke holes in this team but they are pretty freaking impressive.

by your logic, it would stand to reason then that their pass D would suffer as other teams abandon the run, yet they are 7th- as i said not too shabby.

you guys can try to poke holes in this team but they are pretty freaking impressive.

They're 15-0, not much sense in "us guys" trying to find holes. But total rush or total pass or total D is a missleading stat imho. Like I said, yards per rush is much more telling, and they're up there with the Raiders, Dolphins, Browns and Raiders in that stat.

Like I said, their record speaks for itself, and I could scream all day that they are over rated, that wouldn't change their record one bit, and wouldn't diminish anything they've accomplished at all.

you're right-i shouldn't say 'you guys'

however:

yards per rush- again explainable by there enormous leads. teams in the second half run draw plays that go for 10 or 12 yards on obvious passing situations.

like you said, all that really matters is the W-L record. giants were 22nd in offense i think when they won last SB.

I'll tell you what... if we're smart we've got a shot. The way to beat the Pats is with "three yards and a cloud of dust" running, clock chewing drives, and short passes. We're good at two out of three of those things.

Hold the ball, kill the clock... and hope your kicker makes the kick with .03 left. We have a shot.

Excellent point, VG.

I don't think we should complain about the coverage they're getting. They're 15-0 overall. I think Osi put it best when he said (paraphrasing) that the Pats are not Jesus Christ and the 12 disciples (not that I know what that means)... but I get the jest of it.

The Pats can be beat. I'm glad we're playing our starters. The very facts that Plax practiced even part time and BJ practiced full time tells me those injuries are not there anymore... I hope we play very well even in a losing effort. I hate it when we get embarrassed on National TV.

DID YOU GUYS KNOW THAT THE PATRIOTS COULD GO UNDEFEATED!!!!! FIRST TEAM SINCE '72 DOLPHINS!

Oh my god. Patriots coverage is killing me.

PS.... Jerome Bettis may be from Detroit, but I'm not positive.

Usually Dubby you are much more in tune that something like this post

#4 overall 99.5 yards/game vs the run. Hardly one of the worst :confused: In fact almost 2 yards/game better than ours, which is very good as well.

Stats