SportsWrath

Not that it makes any difference, but...

Dragon

Under Tom Coughlin, we are UNDEFEATED in Game 16.

2004: beat Dallas

2005: beat Oakland

2006: beat Washington

2007: ?

One can dream. :ph34r:

On a serious note, it took MONSTER games by Tiki Barber (200+ & 1 TD against Oak. and 234 & 3 TDs against Wash.) to win the 2005 and 2006 games. I don't remember the stat line from the 2004 finale, but the question now is: Are our RBs going to step it up like Tiki did and not only end NE's hopes of an undefeated season but give our team a serious confidence and momentum boost going into the playoffs? <--- If anyone plays.

Under Tom Coughlin, we are UNDEFEATED in Game 16.

2004: beat Dallas

2005: beat Oakland

2006: beat Washington

2007: ?

One can dream. :ph34r:

On a serious note, it took MONSTER games by Tiki Barber (200+ & 1 TD against Oak. and 234 & 3 TDs against Wash.) to win the 2005 and 2006 games. I don't remember the stat line from the 2004 finale, but the question now is: Are our RBs going to step it up like Tiki did and not only end NE's hopes of an undefeated season but give our team a serious confidence and momentum boost going into the playoffs? <--- If anyone plays.

It doesn't matter if NE go 16-0. If they don't win the Super Bowl nobody will care. I don't see the Giants under any pressure to beat NE.

True. I remember one of the announcers saying that the Giants didn't owe the NFL anything because 15 other teams had a chance at beating the Pats and none of them came through. I believe that, but I'd love to see it.

The Pats should be getting a steady dosage of Bradshaw. And if my expectations about the kid are true, then it will be a good game. Punish the Pats with Bradshaw and open up some playaction for Eli in the first half, Wright or Lorenzen in the second.

Hey wasn't it the Pats that Lorenzen bowled over their LB in a preseason game and kept going? Lets give them the Pats a pairing of Bradshaw and Lorenzen in the backfield, that will scare them :ph34r:

We'd have to beat the Pats with our D, meaning we'll have to stay in Brady's face while covering what might be the best receivers in the NFL. No easy task, because even if we can play great ball control on offense, those boys can strike quicker than quick.

I think the very fact that we don't have to win this game works to our advantage. We can play loosely and take shots.. try plays we don't normally try.. like a flee flicker.. fake punts... Our D will have to hold its ground.. and then let the Hefty Lefty take care of them in the 2nd half.. what've we got to lose? If we win, great.. if we don't.. oh well.. at least we had fun.

I really don't think we stand a chance, but it would be a thing of beauty if we stopped the Pats.

It would be the greatest Giants game since the NFC Championship.

If the Giants were to beat the Patriots (let's say the final score was 24-20 NYG), would THAT be considered the biggest upset in the history of the NFL?? We all know the Patriots will be out there with starters and Bill Bella-Dick wants the 16-0 perfect season. IMO if the Giants do win...it would be up there in upsets.

If the Giants were to beat the Patriots (let's say the final score was 24-20 NYG), would THAT be considered the biggest upset in the history of the NFL?? We all know the Patriots will be out there with starters and Bill Bella-Dick wants the 16-0 perfect season. IMO if the Giants do win...it would be up there in upsets.

Not likely the biggest in NFL history, but definately the biggest in recent Giant's history.

I expect something like this may happen:

1st qtr will start out with both teams using full starting lineup. By the 2nd qtr (with the score 35-7 N.E.), NE will plug in their 2nd, possibly 3rd string squad, and the Gmen will keep the starters in. We'll squeak thru the 2nd, 35-10 NE at the half. 3rd qtr we'll start to pick up some momentum, and Bellichick will start to question sitting the starters. 42-27 going into the 4th. If the Bills game last week (as well as a few other games this season), the question shouldn't be whether or not to sit the starters, but rather when to play them. If I studied the Gmen, I'd start my 3rd string thru 3 qtrs and send out my full on 1st string squad midway thru the 3rd. Taking into account that won't happen, I think the Giants D can hold in the 4th, and take the game 45-42.