SportsWrath

McNabb V.S. Eli

Lughead

I wanted to bring this discussion over here seeings how SOMEONE has a bug up their ass .

Donovan McNabb sucking and Eli Manning sucking are two completely

independent discussions. I was merely pointing out that Eli blows,

is horribly inaccurate, makes bad decisions, has no fire, and is absolutely

inept at being any kind of a leader. McNabb has been one of the

top 5-10 QBs in the NFL for the past 7 years and has taken his

team to the NFC Championship 3 times and the Super Bowl once, which

they lost by a FG. Mark my words Eli will never lead the Gints

to the SB, let alone win it. He's been given all the time he should

need to develop and mature, but face it, he hasn't. If anything, he's

steadily regressing. smile.gif

I cant belive how soon one forgets how great their QB has always been in his early years

lets take a look shall we ?

lets go all hop into the way back machine and look at McNabb's first 3 years ans compared to Eli's first 3 years

McNabb's PCT with 44 games ( he came in with 12 games to play ) 54.9 PCT remember he started back in '99 when the NFL was still in a different era

Eli's PCT with 41 games (he cam in with 9 games to go ) 54.1 PCT and he is only in his first 3 years.

So this "Guy"(and I use the term loosely) Claims how McNabb is so much better than Eli and McNabb has been in the league for 9 years. Well I say Apples and Oranges people Apples and Oranges. until Eli plays the same amount of years as Mcnabb you cant make the argument McNabb is WAY better than ELI.

Don't forget though, that D Mac led his team to the NFC Championship game in his third year, and his targets were, um, somewhat less talented than Eli's targets. Fed-Ex anyone?

I'll be an Eli defender till the end, but McNabb, at the same points in their careers, was the better QB.

Now, the knock on McNabb is how he got dragged into the whole TO situation and how he handled it. I think it's obvious that type of stuff rolls off Eli's shoulders. I mean his shot back at Tiki was lame by most standards, yet it made headline news and was talked about for weeks.

Eli will be a fine QB, he has improvements to make and I still believe he will make them. He's learning slow, but his career also hasn't been in ideal conditions either. For all the talk of him having great targets, it seems people do not want to give him the benfit of the doubt in his late season slumps when those targets start going down.

Do I think he is where he needs to be at this point of his career? Hell no. but i am in no way ready to give up on him. i still see those flashes of brilliance, those come from behind wins. those drives to lead the team down the field and score after he has stunk up the field the first few quarters.

He is inconsistant, but consistancy is the one thing that comes with time. He has the ability, no one can deny that, he just needs to be that great thrower more consistantly. I want the Giants to win the Super Bowl as bad as anyone, and i get just as frustrated watching Eli throw stupid picks or missing open guys as anyone, but I'm not someone who is ready to give up after 4 years, especially when we are in position to make the playoffs for a 3rd straight year, and this year without the guy everyone said took us there the previous 2 years.

As of right now I would take Eli but I would take McNabb in his prime. He was easily a top 5 QB when he was healthy. He killed us almost every single time. He was much more accurate and his running ability just killed teams.

I hate to say it but I would to. McNabb had a lack luster O at best and still was able to produce. With the Giants current O he would have been much better. Look how good the Eagles became when TO arrived and McNabb finally had a good receiver.

Lets not forget that Mcnabb has had a top 3 defense the years they were going to the championships, and the one SB loss.

Not to take away from what he did though. I use to cringe knowing we were playing him on Sunday. I used to root for him when he first got in the league, causes he's from SU. We destroyed him his first 2 years, so it was no thing for me to pull for him. Then after 2000 (when we beat them 3 times that year) he just started to kill us, and its been that way for awhile. So now I hate him. LOL

Id say Mcnabb was better at this point, but what he's done to himself running is going to end his career short. Not that 9 years isnt a long time, but I think Eli will be like a Elway kinda guy and be playing well into his late 30's, at least. And at some point hes going to turn it on, and will for many years after. When all is said and done, if Eli can get a ring, he will have had the better career.

As of right now I would take Eli but I would take McNabb in his prime. He was easily a top 5 QB when he was healthy. He killed us almost every single time. He was much more accurate and his running ability just killed teams.

When he was a dual threat, i dare say he was the best qb in the game. He was randall Cunningham and Warren Moon in one body.

He's the person I compare Vince Young to the most.

Passing      CP/AT      YDS      TD      INT
D. McNabb       20/30      179      1      0
E. Manning       17/31      219      1      0

No matter how "Sucky" Eli is or bad He "blows" we still get a W today over the "Greatest "QB ever to ware the Eagle uniform :P Oh yeah and where will he be come January ? oh yeah sitting home watching ELI :P

Lets not forget that Mcnabb has had a top 3 defense the years they were going to the championships, and the one SB loss.

Not to take away from what he did though. I use to cringe knowing we were playing him on Sunday. I used to root for him when he first got in the league, causes he's from SU. We destroyed him his first 2 years, so it was no thing for me to pull for him. Then after 2000 (when we beat them 3 times that year) he just started to kill us, and its been that way for awhile. So now I hate him. LOL

Id say Mcnabb was better at this point, but what he's done to himself running is going to end his career short. Not that 9 years isnt a long time, but I think Eli will be like a Elway kinda guy and be playing well into his late 30's, at least. And at some point hes going to turn it on, and will for many years after. When all is said and done, if Eli can get a ring, he will have had the better career.

:clap:

When he was a dual threat, i dare say he was the best qb in the game. He was randall Cunningham and Warren Moon in one body.

He's the person I compare Vince Young to the most.

You sound like you think the world of those running qb's. I'm the opposite.

Cunningham had one of the best arms I’ve ever seen, but his problem was his wheels. He was always too quick to run the ball, which IMO, shortened what could have been a brilliant career, maybe even HOF.

McNabb, on the other hand, hangs around a little longer, and only runs as a last resort. The only thing, McNabb can’t play with pain. Hit him a couple of times, he’ll dump the ball a lot quicker than other qb’s. He’s kind of a pussy in that respect.