SportsWrath

Eli get's Grilled

Lughead

TEAMMATES WATCH AS MANNING GETS GRILLED

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

giantnotes.gif November 27, 2007 -- Michael Strahan yesterday casually chatted with teammates, undressed by his own locker, took a shower and as he returned to his locker looked over and saw the media crowd around Eli Manning had not dissipated. "Damn, still grilling him, huh?" Strahan said to no one in particular.

Such was the state of affairs around the Giants, with inquiring minds wanting to hear from Manning after his four-interception nightmare performance in a 41-17 loss that allowed the Vikings to return three of the interceptions for touchdowns and gain 28 points with their thievery off Manning.

Teammates watched as Manning fielded questions for a full 30 minutes and it wasn't as if anyone sensed the quarterback needed a shoulder to cry on.

"I think there's unsaid support, but if anybody felt that was needed I'm sure there would be people crawling over each other to get that done," center Shaun O'Hara said. "We're not talking about a four-year old kid, we're talking about a man."

*The two players who went down in the game are both "very sore" according to Tom Coughlin. LB Antonio Pierce has a sprained ankle and RT Kareem McKenzie has multiple leg contusions. Coughlin said he expects both will be able to practice tomorrow.

He offered no update on injured RBs Brandon Jacobs (hamstring) and Derrick Ward (groin, ankle) other than the trainers are indicating Ward might be cleared to return to practice.

"Jacobs is not there yet," Coughlin said.

Rookie CB Aaron Ross (hamstring) will be limited this week.

*Manning was not helped at all by his receivers, and not only because of the numerous dropped passes.

"Our routes weren't real sharp or crisp," Coughlin said.

DE Dave Tollefson was activated for the first time and it sounds as if it won't be the last time.

"His presence was felt on special teams," Coughlin said.

Rookie RB Ahmad Bradshaw gained 29 yards on only four rushing attempts and Coughlin said, "He gave us a real jolt when he did play." Figure Bradshaw has warranted an increased workload, although the Giants aren't yet sold on his ability to pick up blitzes in the protection scheme.

*Could history be repeating itself? This past week, the Giants felt they caught a break because they did not have to face Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, who sat out with a knee injury. This week, they won't play against RB Cedric Benson, the Bears' leading rusher (196-674) by a wide margin. Benson is out for the season following an injury to his lower left leg suffered in Sunday's wild 37-34 overtime victory over the Broncos.

*Coughlin's message to the team after Sunday's loss?

"Yes, we are 7-4, but what I really want from an individual and a team standpoint is for us to play as well as we can play," he said.

"That is not taking place right now and that has to be corrected."

Ok what is the one (bunch of) question you would ask Eli ?

here is mine:

"Eli in Sundays game when you were dropping back to pass what did you see? ,where were you looking? were you looking at the defense Line instead of down field? Did you see receivers getting open? were they where they were soposed to be or were they running lazy routs? and why since the Bye is it that you lost yor accuacy? Sunday you had a lot of over throws and or throws that were just out of reach or behind your WR's. and why do you play so expressionless why is it that you can't get in your team fired up ? what it looks like is the Giants are sending in a Kid to do a mans Job lately and why is that?"

Holy shit! Eli getting raked over the coals! I don't think that's ever happened before! :o

Maybe someone could write an article on how coughlin should be fired! Oh wait...

Those two could form their own therapy group.

I mean, yes, Eli deserves it for this last game. But we're 7-4, not 4-7, have 5 games left, and 9-7 will probably get us in.

Do you guys remember how dismal things looked early in the year? We're already ahead of what they were predicting for us.

Things could be worse. From Rotowire

Nov 26 Losman will not be the Bills' starting quarterback going forward, as the team is going to hand over the reins to Trent Edwards, according to the Bills' official site. "In terms of our quarterbacks, we'll make the switch and Trent will be our starter," said coach Dick Jauron on Monday.

Recommendation: Losman has only had one good game all season, and unless Edwards gets hurt this time the switch looks permanent, mostly because the Bills aren't really a playoff team and need to start moving to the future. Of equal importance is Losman's long-term future in Buffalo. The team would need to sign him to a long-term deal soon, and instead may just end up letting him leave after this season.

RotoWire

That was a 2004 2nd, 5th, and 2005 1st pick to Dallas for this guy.

The press is simply pissed off that they can't get a rise out of Eli to come up with better newspaper filler. The bottom line is Eli is better than 75% of the QBs in the league, but his name is not Tom Brady or Peyton, so the media hates him. I wish we passed on him, but we didn't, he's our QB and he is what he is & the criticism he gets is rediculous and undeserving. If the media needs a goat, blame that sack of shit Accorsi for fucking the team for his entire stay.

The press is simply pissed off that they can't get a rise out of Eli to come up with better newspaper filler. The bottom line is Eli is better than 75% of the QBs in the league, but his name is not Tom Brady or Peyton, so the media hates him. I wish we passed on him, but we didn't, he's our QB and he is what he is & the criticism he gets is rediculous and undeserving. If the media needs a goat, blame that sack of shit Accorsi for fucking the team for his entire stay.

I wouldn't say 75% more like 50%.

I wouldn't say 75% more like 50%.

You can name 16 starting quarterbacks better than Eli? Because I get MAYBE 10.

1: P. Manning

2: Brady

3: Palmer

4: Romo

5: Favre

6: Rothlisberger

7: Brees

8: Hasselbeck

9: Bulger

10: D. Anderson

You can name 16 starting quarterbacks better than Eli? Because I get MAYBE 10.

1: P. Manning

2: Brady

3: Palmer

4: Romo

5: Favre

6: Rothlisberger

7: Brees

8: Hasselbeck

9: Bulger

10: D. Anderson

11. Phillip Rivers

12. David Garrard

13. Jay Cutler

14. Vince Young(trust me)

so pretty close.

11. Phillip Rivers No way i'd say he's better, at best it's a tie.

12. David Garrard - He's had a fine season, but after a hand ful of games I'm not putting him up there yet.

13. Jay Cutler - Again close, but i wouldn't automatically label him better.

14. Vince Young(trust me) - Get the fuck out of here with that, I like VY but no way at this point is he better than Eli..

so pretty close.

And Eli has led his team to a better record than all of those teams except the Jags.

His receivers have been a banged up plax and Toomer has been more or less ineffective and Jacobs has been hurt a large portion of the year.

11. Phillip Rivers

12. David Garrard

13. Jay Cutler

14. Vince Young(trust me)

so pretty close.

I would say Jeff Garcia also because he is almost carrying the TB offense this year. I would say Rivers and Young are close but I don't know about better. Although with the weapons Eli has he should be better. I guess the worst thing is how much Eli gets paid to be middle of the pack.

I would say Jeff Garcia also because he is almost carrying the TB offense this year. I would say Rivers and Young are close but I don't know about better. Although with the weapons Eli has he should be better. I guess the worst thing is how much Eli gets paid to be middle of the pack.

Yah, and that's exactly why we, as Giants fans, and the organization, who's interested in the Giants winning, have the right and responsibility to criticize Eli Manning.