SportsWrath

Vikings @ Giants

jerseygiantfan

But it is like the Giants we know. Spiraling and crashing at the latter part of a season. And yes, the Steelers do suck for losing to the Jets. But the Steelers aren't perennial 'crashers' at the end of a season.....they stay healthy, they fix whats wrong on Offense and they crush teams when it counts.

Jets = even the sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while. :P

I'm trying hard to put a positive spin on our crash-landing... :brooding:

But it is like the Giants we know. Spiraling and crashing at the latter part of a season. And yes, the Steelers do suck for losing to the Jets. But the Steelers aren't perennial 'crashers' at the end of a season.....they stay healthy, they fix whats wrong on Offense and they crush teams when it counts.

Jets = even the sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while. :P

Again, how many times do we have to hear this perennial crashing bullshit? Stop watching sportscenter for christs sake. In 04 we started a rookie qb against the best defenses in the league, in '05 we finished 5-3 and made the playoffs, in '06 we were decimated by injuries and still made the playoffs. How is that perennial crashing?

Jesus NY fans suck. You're all ready to throw in the towel every fucking year.

Again, how many times do we have to hear this perennial crashing bullshit? Stop watching sportscenter for christs sake. In 04 we started a rookie qb against the best defenses in the league, in '05 we finished 5-3 and made the playoffs, in '06 we were decimated by injuries and still made the playoffs. How is that perennial crashing?

Son, U don't have to watch Sportscenter to brace yourself for the 'crash'. This team cannot stay healthy at key positions exept the QB spot. No depth! We start off great and lately we slip. Will it happen this year? Who knows? But Offensively it's already happening. The Dolphin game....13 points, Detroit...16 points, this game 17 points and terrible overall play! Trend? I say yes...and I didn't need ESPN to tell me that.

Son, U don't have to watch Sportscenter to brace yourself for the 'crash'. This team cannot stay healthy at key positions exept the QB spot. No depth! We start off great and lately we slip. Will it happen this year? Who knows? But Offensively it's already happening. The Dolphin game....13 points, Detroit...16 points, this game 17 points and terrible overall play! Trend? I say yes...and I didn't need ESPN to tell me that.

You call those 3 games crashing, and I call it 2-1. That's why you guys suck.

You've got this perennial crash in your head from espn. Stop watching it.

It's heartwrenching to be a Giants fan, always has been. And we keep coming back for more year after year. I am thoroughly convinced Giants fans were either neglected as children, or are in totally dysfunctional relationships. :LMAO:

No, I got it from a few 8-8 seasons and a few first rd bounces in the playoffs. And you gotta be kidding me if you think that stiff Torbor is the answer at LB. Kiwi is an upgrade when healthy. And Droughns being the only strong back there hurts. Ward was the real deal. Now I do believe that Giants injuries are hurting us this year TOO!(just like last year)! See Plax, Jacobs, Ward, Kiwi, Osi (one game) and Steve Smith.

No, I got it from a few 8-8 seasons and a few first rd bounces in the playoffs. And you gotta be kidding me if you think that stiff Torbor is the answer at LB. Kiwi is an upgrade when healthy. And Droughns being the only strong back there hurts. Ward was the real deal. Now I do believe that Giants injuries are hurting us this year TOO!(just like last year)! See Plax, Jacobs, Ward, Kiwi, Osi (one game) and Steve Smith.

When were those 'few 8-8 seasons'? :confused: This is what I'm talking about. You're not even aware of your own teams record over the last 3 years. You hear 'giants perennial crash' and your brain stops working.

We were 11 and fucking 5 only 2 years ago. We were 5-3 in the last 8 games. What defines the annual crash that season? You're already to resign the season to 8-8 because we lost 2 guys. And last year we were 8-8 after losing more than half the defense and the two of the most important offensive players.

But yeah same shit different year. wtf is wrong with you people?

This is what I'm talking about. You're not even aware of your own teams record over the last 3 years. You hear 'giants perennial crash' and your brain stops working.

We were 11 and fucking 5 only 2 years ago. We were 5-3 in the last 8 games. What defines the annual crash that season? You're already to resign the season to 8-8 because we lost 2 guys. And last year we were 8-8 after losing more than half the defense and the two of the most important offensive players.

But yeah same shit different year. wtf is wrong with you people?

Everything is wrong. You are right. Giants are perfect and I cannot be critical of any Giants team. ESPN has got me 'poisoned'.

Can the Giants beat Tampa Bay in a Wildcard game? (scenario)?

Randoff and Nesta are trading arguments. Both make compelling cases for the glass being half full vs the glass being half empty.

I happened to believe the Giants just played terrible. To dig a little deeper, or D allowed 13 points (I'm assuming the vikes didn't score more than 41.. that's when I stopped watching). Our D played very well then.

Eli gave them 28 points. I don't know if it's the cold weather but the receivers seemed to be wearing boxing gloves and Eli threw ducks all day.

Put this game behind us. We're 7-3 (not great Nesta).. we're 7-3 (we don't suck Randoff). We are who we think we are.. a middle of the pack team who can get lucky and something great this year.. or can get unlucky and suck so bad.

Randoff and Nesta are trading arguments. Both make compelling cases for the glass being half full vs the glass being half empty.

We're 7-3 (not great Nesta).. we're 7-3 (we don't suck Randoff). We are who we think we are.. a middle of the pack team who can get lucky and something great this year..

All I'm sayin' is can we move from the middle of the pack and take control of a weak NFC? Besides Dallas and Green Bay, we had a chance to propel over the likes of Tampa Bay and Seattle....now it is what it is....7-4. Thank you. Goodnight!!!!! :)

I can't wait until we have a season when the Giants really are as good as their record would indicate.

And would you LOVE for just one season not worry about your team week to week stinking up the joint like they did today. Good teams would have punished the Peterson-less Vikes. Good teams would have smashed on Miami (not squeak by 13-10). And knowing that Detroit passes a lot good teams would have grinded them out on the ground and won by 3 TDs.

Watch tonite how New England handles a Donovon-less Eagle team. I know it's unfair to compare the Giants and the Pats but SHIT!!!!

(Fuck the 'running up the score' news hype. Pats will smash the Eagles and score at least 48)

I can't wait until we have a season when the Giants really are as good as their record would indicate.

Every team is more or less as good or as bad as their record indicates. The problem is you watch the Giants every week. And you miss a lot of other games where other teams suck major balls.

How do you think the fans of every team aside from the Pats, Colts, Boys, and Packers feel? Probably worse than us... we are 7-4 and that's exactly what we are.

And would you LOVE for just one season not worry about your team week to week stinking up the joint like they did today. Good teams would have punished the Peterson-less Vikes. Good teams would have smashed on Miami (not squeak by 13-10). And knowing that Detroit passes a lot good teams would have grinded them out on the ground and won by 3 TDs.

Watch tonite how New England handles a Donovon-less Eagle team. I know it's unfair to compare the Giants and the Pats but SHIT!!!!

(Fuck the 'running up the score' news hype. Pats will smash the Eagles and score at least 48)

I'm sure every team aside from the Pats, Boys, and Packers has stunk up the joint at least once. Even the colts imploded against the chargers.

We're just a tough crowd to please (allegedly).

If you are indeed using your brain, wtf does this mean? Please explain. Criticize the team all you want, but don't make up shit like this. There's enough to be criticized without fabricating shit like a 'few 8-8 seasons' and a 'perennial crash'.

If you are indeed using your brain, wtf does this mean? Please explain. Criticize the team all you want, but don't make up shit like this. There's enough to be criticized without fabricating shit like a 'few 8-8 seasons' and a 'perennial crash'.

Didn't I adress this a few posts ago? ;)YOU ARE RIGHT, I am WRONG! :)

I will never make up shit like that again, we cool?

• 4 months later...

This thread deserves a bump. Most of you guys are shitty fans. :D

jk

Didn't that make the Superbowl run all the greater???? No one AND I mean NO ONE would have predicted a Superbowl win after the Viking game.

No you're right. Even though I never gave up on Eli, I never expected more than one playoff win last year.

When we beat the cowturds, I thought that was it, and I was more than satisfied with that.

Haha, Giants fans have never been happier to be wrong. I always try to stay optimistic, some of it's the homer in me for sure. At another board I post at a Giants fan started wigging out after we lost to Dallas for the second time, I just thought it was waaaay to early write the season off. I really, really wanted Dallas again in the playoffs, and not to sound arrogant, I just knew they were beatable and didn't' think they were as dominant as the media portrayed. I didn't predict a win because I never do (superstitious) but I knew we could hang with them, and look what happened. Best season ever.

*fires up the superbowl for the billionth time*

Trophy.gif