SportsWrath

Disturbing..

Nas

I'm more concerned how our defensive line got out-physicaled on the running plays. I'm hoping it was due to poor traction or tired legs or something.

Because if we play like this against MB III, he'll play well against us and open up the pass for Romo.

I'm more concerned how our defensive line got out-physicaled on the running plays. I'm hoping it was due to poor traction or tired legs or something.

Because if we play like this against MB III, he'll play well against us and open up the pass for Romo.

The whole game was sloppy because of footing.

But Madison's stupid way of non-tackles got under my skin. He looked like a fucking 3rd grader pretending he's going to tackle.

Madison's technique is atrocious. Even when he's only trying to put a shoulder on the guy instead of wrapping him up he favours his right shoulder, not the upfield one. He's gonna hurt himself bad if he keep this up. His tackle position is right on, but absolutely no execution.

Madison's technique is atrocious. Even when he's only trying to put a shoulder on the guy instead of wrapping him up he favours his right shoulder, not the upfield one. He's gonna hurt himself bad if he keep this up. His tackle position is right on, but absolutely no execution.

which is why i like Aaron Ross. A corner that actually hits people. Actually tackles them.

Carl Banks was talking about the same thing on the radio feed. He lamented on how most secondary coaches in both the college and pro ranks do not teach proper tackling techniques to their d-backs these days. He also said this shoulder nonsense (he probably wanted to say BS) is the reason why a lot of these defensive backs are sitting out weeks with bruised and separated shoulders. I believe it was around the mid-90's when shoulder hits in lieu of tackling became popular. You know back in the day most secondary coaches wanted a guy who could tackle first and defend second. In the days of the zone defense tackling became more of priority that defending (e.g. Elvis "Toast" Patterson); but in these man-to-man happy days we have right now the defender has to be able to do both. Unfortunately guys like Webster can do neither. :P

Yeah, but up until this game he has been money all the way around. This game, Im glad its over. London has to be the worst place to play football in the world. You cant expect anyone to produce in those kinda conditions. Fans were blowing WHISTLES in the stands, what kinda crap is that? :brooding:

Carl Banks was talking about the same thing on the radio feed. He lamented on how most secondary coaches in both the college and pro ranks do not teach proper tackling techniques to their d-backs these days. He also said this shoulder nonsense (he probably wanted to say BS) is the reason why a lot of these defensive backs are sitting out weeks with bruised and separated shoulders. I believe it was around the mid-90's when shoulder hits in lieu of tackling became popular. You know back in the day most secondary coaches wanted a guy who could tackle first and defend second. In the days of the zone defense tackling became more of priority that defending (e.g. Elvis "Toast" Patterson); but in these man-to-man happy days we have right now the defender has to be able to do both. Unfortunately guys like Webster can do neither. :P

I don't even think it's a matter of coaching. Anyone who's played as much as street ball knows how to tackle. Everyone knows you're supposed to wrap and take down.