SportsWrath

A little early but...in the F/A market of 08

osi724dasack

he is still only 24 years old and is one of the best CB's in the league...

You see that pick last night? That was an amazinf INT...PERFECTLY TIMED

He will probly run a 7 years 55 million but should be worth every penny...

him and Ross would be a great tandem for the next 5-7 years...

and if we still have Madison you can throw him in as a nickelback

If he can't deal with Petrino how do you think he'll deal with Coughlin?

And 7 years at $55million would make him laugh. I could see him asking for a "Nate Clements" deal if not more.

I think he would fit in with Coughlin...plus a huge contract would probly make his mouth stay shut...

Nate Clements is the most overpaid player in football

I think he would fit in with Coughlin...plus a huge contract would probly make his mouth stay shut...

Until DeAngelo Hall hits the market. IDK, but to me this guy just has "DB Version of TO" written all over him.

That he does. My analysis of the NFL right now and consistently winning teams is that they bring in players who are team players. Hall has amazing talent and I have no doubt some team will pay him way more than he is worth. But I would rather have a player who has half the talent of Hall but is a player who will accept his role on the team and go out and do the best he can to fulfill that role. I just do not see Hall as a player who can do that, and GMs (and fans) who clamor for talented players are far to quick to overlook character issues to fill a hole.

Look at the Patriots....do they have superstar players? Ok Moss I'll grant that, but ignore him and look at the past couple seasons. Ignore the damn videotaping too because when it comes down to it you need players who buy into the system and will do the role the system requires. From my perspective the way to create a winning team in this league is to ignore the flashy players and focus on team-focused players. Flashy players have one goal, advancing their own agenda....and I do not blame them they want the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Good for them. But team players equals team wins which leads to championships.

That he does. My analysis of the NFL right now and consistently winning teams is that they bring in players who are team players. Hall has amazing talent and I have no doubt some team will pay him way more than he is worth. But I would rather have a player who has half the talent of Hall but is a player who will accept his role on the team and go out and do the best he can to fulfill that role. I just do not see Hall as a player who can do that, and GMs (and fans) who clamor for talented players are far to quick to overlook character issues to fill a hole.

Look at the Patriots....do they have superstar players? Ok Moss I'll grant that, but ignore him and look at the past couple seasons. Ignore the damn videotaping too because when it comes down to it you need players who buy into the system and will do the role the system requires. From my perspective the way to create a winning team in this league is to ignore the flashy players and focus on team-focused players. Flashy players have one goal, advancing their own agenda....and I do not blame them they want the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Good for them. But team players equals team wins which leads to championships.

Lube, I love ya man but the Patriots don't have any superstars? Ever hear of Tom Brady? He may be the best ever. But that interception wasn't that good. The ball was slightly underthrown & Amani couldn't turn to go back for it.

We already have 1 in Strahan, and next year Stray will be gone and we can replace him with another Me-first guy so it balances out

I completely disagree. While Strahan's hold-out sucked I think he's an extremely positive influence on team moral. Hall's idea of being a 'leader' is to yell at the coach on the sidelines like a little bitch. The only thing Hall would bring to the team would be to keep Plax out of the papers.

Lube, I love ya man but the Patriots don't have any superstars? Ever hear of Tom Brady? He may be the best ever. But that interception wasn't that good. The ball was slightly underthrown & Amani couldn't turn to go back for it.

Well yeah Tom Brady. He is a great QB....but where did the greatness come from? So many Patriots players are great players, superstars even, but they get the production they do from playing within the system, doing their roles. They of course have to have the talent to get the job done, but when you take a guy who has SOME talent and plug him into a system he buys into you get success.

And I am not saying Brady just has SOME talent, that whole statement was a generalization.

The whole point is Hall does not seem like a team player which is why I don't want him.

I completely disagree. While Strahan's hold-out sucked I think he's an extremely positive influence on team moral. Hall's idea of being a 'leader' is to yell at the coach on the sidelines like a little bitch. The only thing Hall would bring to the team would be to keep Plax out of the papers.

But if the team is winning and the checks keep coming to him...his mouth should stay shut.

btw whats up with all these low character Virginia Tech players????

The last thing the Giants need is another person to mouth off to the NY media about every gripe they have.

If the Giants somehow signed a guy like Hall, Madison would be gone.

that said, regardless of what Hall did on the sideline, the Falcons will be looking to make him a priority, they can't afford to let all their good players go and that's one of the reasons why they are persuing Vick's bonus money so aggressively. i say he stays in Atlanta.

Anyway, when was the last time the Giants threw a shit load of money at a corner and it worked out for them. The minute Sehorn signed his big contract, he started to go downhill.

The best way the Giants can get good corners is through the draft. There's always good corners coming out.

And if you go after a guy with questionable character, why not just worked out a deal to get Pacman Jones next season. The guy is going to be on his best behaviour from now on. He's better than Hall. (i know some people will shit on this, but it's not like the Giants haven't signed this type before).

that said, regardless of what Hall did on the sideline, the Falcons will be looking to make him a priority, they can't afford to let all their good players go and that's one of the reasons why they are persuing Vick's bonus money so aggressively. i say he stays in Atlanta.

Anyway, when was the last time the Giants threw a shit load of money at a corner and it worked out for them. The minute Sehorn signed his big contract, he started to go downhill.

The best way the Giants can get good corners is through the draft. There's always good corners coming out.

And if you go after a guy with questionable character, why not just worked out a deal to get Pacman Jones next season. The guy is going to be on his best behaviour from now on. He's better than Hall. (i know some people will shit on this, but it's not like the Giants haven't signed this type before).

you make some good points boohyah...especially the one I highlighted...

BUT...I still think Hall may leave Atlanta...

im totally down with pacman on the giants. his behavior does not override the type of talent that guy has--at least not to me.

you make some good points boohyah...especially the one I highlighted...

BUT...I still think Hall may leave Atlanta...

If you think about it, Crumpler spoke out of turn also, and if the Falcons had a choice between keeping Hall or Crumpler, it would be bye bye Alge. However I'm not saying it'll happen because i don't know Crumpler's contract status.