SportsWrath

heard it here first

osi724dasack

Not really a big stretch really, especially if fat boy is under center. Well, 150 might be excessive, Pack has a good D, but unless Bradshaw gets some carries Ward could get 120+

Ward rushin for 150 is very believable. I think he is an NFL caliber back too. I see him even getting a TD or two.

Only problem is, can our D stop anyone. :brooding:

this guy is a complete RB he has everything needed to be a great Rb in the NFL...he is 27 now but he has no wear on him since he hasnt had alot of carries.

I hate to rain on everyone's parade... but the guy has been injured just about every year he's been in the league... that's plenty of "wear and tear."

He'll probably get about 60 yards before leaving in the 3rd quarter with a sprain, pulled muscle, or muscle tear.

I hate to rain on everyone's parade... but the guy has been injured just about every year he's been in the league... that's plenty of "wear and tear."

He'll probably get about 60 yards before leaving in the 3rd quarter with a sprain, pulled muscle, or muscle tear.

Party pooper. <_<

Sure but not all great running backs have been great out of the gate .

look no further than Tiki

Oh and seeing how he was injured (minor) he has not been getting the "Ware and Tear " of an every down back so he should have more freshness .

1 thing to look at during the game is his ball handling and posture is it more the way Tiki held it before Tom fixed it or will he come out running with it HIGH and TIGHT? same goes for Droughns and Bradshaw.

Sure but not all great running backs have been great out of the gate .

look no further than Tiki

Oh and seeing how he was injured (minor) he has not been getting the "Ware and Tear " of an every down back so he should have more freshness .

1 thing to look at during the game is his ball handling and posture is it more the way Tiki held it before Tom fixed it or will he come out running with it HIGH and TIGHT? same goes for Droughns and Bradshaw.

Im thinking he'll come out with it high and tight, but youre right, I'll be watching for that. I really like the way he hit the holes last week, he reminded me alot of Tiki. That and the way he caught the ball outta the backfield. I know I may be gettin ahead of myself here, but I expect a big day from Ward. He could be our diamond in the ruff.

Now here's a question? IF or when Ward runs for at least 90 yds today....do you demote Jacobs when he comes back? Jacobs being #2 and the power back in goal line/short yd situations?

IMO, I would slide Jacobs back to his original power back spot.

Run Ward for 2 1/2 quarters to tire out any opposing D then run Jacobs the last 1 1/2to stomp them in the ground

Run Ward for 2 1/2 quarters to tire out any opposing D then run Jacobs the last 1 1/2to stomp them in the ground

Should be the other way around, let Jacobs pound the first half to 3 quarters then put the quicker guy in who can also catch. But I say stick with Jacobs when he comes back, this is his season to prove his salt. Not like we're going anywhere anyway.

Should be the other way around, let Jacobs pound the first half to 3 quarters then put the quicker guy in who can also catch. But I say stick with Jacobs when he comes back, this is his season to prove his salt. Not like we're going anywhere anyway.

Well IMO, I believe Jacobs had better adjust his running style when he returns. When he's trying to be 'elusive' he absorbs more hits to the legs and ankles. Memo to Jacobs: U ARE NOT 'Elusive'.

Well IMO, I believe Jacobs had better adjust his running style when he returns. When he's trying to be 'elusive' he absorbs more hits to the legs and ankles. Memo to Jacobs: U ARE NOT 'Elusive'.

He did look dayne-esque in regards to dancing behind the line. Hopefully, when he's better, he wakes up and sees a mirror and realizes he closer to 300 lbs than 200.

jacobs is fine. he averaged over 4 yards per carry and is much faster and quicker than people give him credit for

Faster, I agree, quicker, not so sure. I believe he will be a fine back, butI didn't see explosivness in the Turds game, I saw a lot of looking for a hole to go through instead of at least just trying to crash through. Side to side movement, he is no Tiki, and doesn't need to act like it. Go where the play was designed to go, if the whole is not there, just try to get some positive gain, eventually the hole will be there.

to be fair we're juding him on 6 rushes, and im sure the coaching staff .....since he was supposed to have been relied on to carry the load all season

I wasn't worried about his speed nor heart....I was worried about this very same thing. Durability. 6 carries and he's already hurt. Can he carry the load?

I wasn't worried about his speed nor heart....I was worried about this very same thing. Durability. 6 carries and he's already hurt. Can he carry the load?

your right, IMO it does seem like the type of injury that could happen to anyone, but nonetheless the facts are he got hurt on his sixth carry of the season. hopefully he'll prove that it was just a fluke and that he's a resiliant back. if not, the one bright spot is that ward is very capable of spelling or splitting the load and bradshaw (if he cures his fumblitis, paging dr. coughlin) seems legit too.