SportsWrath

Maybe Im crazy, but..........

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

Trust me, you're all crazy... :freaked: Really, you are...

Eli doesn't even think he is going to throw for 4000 yards!

Repeat after me:

WE HAVE ELI, NOT PAYTON

WE HAVE ELI, NOT PAYTON

WE HAVE ELI, NOT PAYTON

Better now?

Repeat after me:

WE HAVE ELI, NOT PAYTON

WE HAVE ELI, NOT PAYTON

WE HAVE ELI, NOT PAYTON

Better now?

repeat after me

We have Romo, not even Joey Harrington

Repeat after me:

WE HAVE ELI, NOT PAYTON

WE HAVE ELI, NOT PAYTON

WE HAVE ELI, NOT PAYTON

Better now?

I know I'm going to regret replying to you because you don't argue with facts. But here goes. Your big beef with Eli as I understand it, is that his numbers fall off in the second half of the seasons that he has been a starter.

You do realize that your quarter back went 2-3 in December after teams got 5 games of film on him right? He threw 6 TDs and 8 INTs. Fumbled 7 times and lost 2 of them. And had a quarterback rating of 77.

Where do you come off so critical of Eli, when your quarterback put up similar, if not worse numbers in the second half of his season?

I know I'm going to regret replying to you because you don't argue with facts. But here goes. Your big beef with Eli as I understand it, is that his numbers fall off in the second half of the seasons that he has been a starter.

You do realize that your quarter back went 2-3 in December after teams got 5 games of film on him right? He threw 6 TDs and 8 INTs. Fumbled 7 times and lost 2 of them. And had a quarterback rating of 77.

Where do you come off so critical of Eli, when your quarterback put up similar, if not worse numbers in the second half of his season?

It is you that does not like to argue facts. Why compare Romo to Eli? I don't compare Eli to anyone, I just focus on Eli's mediocre performances week after week. The facts are as follows:

1) Eli is inconsistent.

2) Eli lacks leaderships skills.

3) This has nothing to do with Romo.

More improtantly, Romo is not "my" QB. He is not "my" relative. He is not "my" employee. He is not "my" friend. I don't know him. I've never met him. I'm rooting for him, but if he plays poorly this season, I want him out.

And I certainly will be annoyed if the Cowboys waste as much time on Romo as a starter as the Giants wasted on Eli. And the Cowboys don't have to. They didn't give up three players for Romo... :LMAO: The Manning family is holding the Giants hostage. They can't give up on Eli, no matter how bad he plays...

It is you that does not like to argue facts. Why compare Romo to Eli? I don't compare Eli to anyone, I just focus on Eli's mediocre performances week after week. The facts are as follows:

1) Eli is inconsistent.

More improtantly, Romo is not "my" QB. He is not "my" relative. He is not "my" employee. He is not "my" friend. I don't know him. I've never met him. I'm rooting for him, but if he plays poorly this season, I want him out.

And I certainly will be annoyed if the Cowboys waste as much time on Romo as a starter as the Giants wasted on Eli. And the Cowboys don't have to. They didn't give up three players for Romo... :LMAO: The Manning family is holding the Giants hostage. They can't give up on Eli, no matter how bad he plays...

The voice of a true fan. Way to dance around the cold hard facts of numbers. Well done. Way to stay on your typical course and bring nothing to the table. Why compare Romo to Eli? Because I am a Giants fan, Eli is my teams QB. You are supposedly a Cowboy fan, Romo is you teams QB. You bash our QB, so in turn I point out Dallas' QBs faults. Your team has invested 4 years of coaching time in Romo. If he doesn't pan out, that is a huge waste of time also.

If you want to talk about monitary failures, the Cowboys certainly aren't innocent in that area. Ever hear of Drew Henson?

Eli is going to be a solid starting QB in this league for a long time. You can see a lot of his progress this preseason already.

Your arguements are nonsense. :rolleyes:

1) Eli is inconsistent.

egg, I know you just say things to get us riled up because you cant possibly be as dumb as your comments make you out to be. Eli has been a starting QB for only 2 full seasons, this will be his third. Since when does a team give up on a QB, who has shown signs of potentially becoming an elite QB, in such a short time? Oh yeah, and in both full years he's started, the Giants have made the playoffs.

egg, I know you just say things to get us riled up because you cant possibly be as dumb as your comments make you out to be. Eli has been a starting QB for only 2 full seasons, this will be his third. Since when does a team give up on a QB, who has shown signs of potentially becoming an elite QB, in such a short time? Oh yeah, and in both full years he's started, the Giants have made the playoffs.

And his numbers have gotten better each season.

And his numbers have gotten better each season.
Last I checked, the Giants had a guy named Phil Simms who wanst half as good as Eli has been in his first 2 years....Granted the Giants D was insane then, but what did Phil go on to do? He only went on to have the greatest Superbowl performance by a QB in the history of the Superbowl

Last I checked, the Giants had a guy named Phil Simms who wanst half as good as Eli has been in his first 2 years....Granted the Giants D was insane then, but what did Phil go on to do? He only went on to have the greatest Superbowl performance by a QB in the history of the Superbowl

Which is why Phil is who Phil is to Giants fans. But stats don't lie and Eli has been the best QB the Giants have seen in a LONG time. And if it were not for him being the first pick overall, the trade, and the name we would be singing his praise. Not that we would not want more from him but he wouldn't be getting the treatment he gets now. I mean come on people want to put the bust label on him.

Which is why Phil is who Phil is to Giants fans. But stats don't lie and Eli has been the best QB the Giants have seen in a LONG time. And if it were not for him being the first pick overall, the trade, and the name we would be singing his praise. Not that we would not want more from him but he wouldn't be getting the treatment he gets now. I mean come on people want to put the bust label on him.

I need 4 straight seasons of complete suckage to labe a highly drafted QB a bust. Eli jasnt had one season of suckage

i expect a breakout season too but 4000 yards isn't enough--kitna threw for 4200 last season but but sacked 63 times and had around 20 intos. i'd love to see the completion percentage go up to 65% and his tds can stay the same (for all the shit he takes, the guy has thrown for 48 tds the past two seasons). most importantly, i want to see him take control in the 4th qtr

i expect a breakout season too but 4000 yards isn't enough--kitna threw for 4200 last season but but sacked 63 times and had around 20 intos. i'd love to see the completion percentage go up to 65% and his tds can stay the same (for all the shit he takes, the guy has thrown for 48 tds the past two seasons). most importantly, i want to see him take control in the 4th qtr

I think he has taken control in the 4th quarter, with the exception of a couple of games (Titans). Everything really went down hill in this respect when the third receiving threat was lost in Amani Toomer. All of a sudden he only had 2 targets that he had confidence in on the field, which were mostly taken away when it counted. I think if anyone goes down this year he has a little more confidence in Smith and even Mix, which showed in the preseason.

I agree that the completion percentage is critical this year. Hopefully the offense will be geared for higher percentage passes to help out.

65% is a little much to ask for. I think 60-62 is more realistic, but I want to see a decent yards/attempt with that 62%. That places some on the recievers to get some YAc as well, because lets face it, most of your QB's with real high comp% and good yards/attempt have rcievers who run after the catch.

The one number that matters most to me is the one in the W column.

I agree on the shit he takes and the 48tds and I can take it a step further. Imagine if he had a decent defense in 06? Not that shitty 4th quarter lead blowing unit they had, but one that could clamp down and hold a lead when the Qb gives it to them? 3 times in 06(Tenn, Dallas at home and Philly at home)they had 4th quarter leads that the defense blew. A mediocre defense wins at least one of them.

1) Eli is inconsistent.

Eggy, where do you live? 6 pack says the Jints take your girls without the spread.