SportsWrath

Relaxico Burress

Lughead

Now he can't Practice because his "Back is sore". Is it me or is he laying down on the team in the pre-season? I bet come Sept 9th he will act like nothing is wrong. If I was coughlin I would sit him the whole game and make him watch Mix . Not on the bench either I would get him a scissor lift so he was elevated up about 15 feet above the bench so he would be sure to see Mix in action.

Now he can't Practice because his "Back is sore". Is it me or is he laying down on the team in the pre-season? I bet come Sept 9th he will act like nothing is wrong. If I was coughlin I would sit him the whole game and make him watch Mix . Not on the bench either I would get him a scissor lift so he was elevated up about 15 feet above the bench so he would be sure to see Mix in action.

I thought he was going to play this Thursday? Plus, didn't he went to the Dr. for a check up?

Burress is entering the big money part of his contract. If he doesn't step it up and guys like Smith and Moss do, I can definitely see us cutting him and drafting a guy like that sick WR from cal (I forgot his name, the punt returner).

Ask yourselves this Giants fans: Would you be in any rush to get on the field knowing that, more likely than not, you will have to sacrifice your body leaping and diving and reaching behind you to catch what, on most teams, would be routine throws... :( I feel your pain, Plexy, I truly do! :(

Would you want to be a Qb, and get on the field knowing your gonna throw a pass or 2 RIGHT in the hands of your star receiver, only for him to drop it? NUMEROUS TIMES???

Schmuck.

give Plaxico a break...he is the most dangerous receiver the Giants have ever had...EVER...and u guys want to sit him??? the guy is an animal out there and he usually will give you 14 good games...plus he requires to be doubled up...cuz i mean u put him 1 on 1 against 90% of the leagues corners and he will just leap over them...

GO PLAX!

Burress ready to go for Giants By ERNIE PALLADINO

THE JOURNAL NEWS

plaxico.jpg

After missing the entire preseason schedule to ankle, flu and back woes, Plaxico Burress has some humble goals as the Giants head toward Sunday's regular-season opener in Dallas.

Just string a couple of practices together.

"The thing for me is going out there and putting together a few practices back-to-back," Burress said. "Make it through the next week practicing and make it to the game. I haven't been able to do that."

Burress has had many health issues since the end of last season. First, he sat out the offseason training program following cleanup surgery on the left ankle. Then on Aug. 3, he turned his right ankle, an injury that cost him 18 days of practice and the first two preseason games.

He appeared ready to take some preseason work against the Jets a week later, but a 103-degree fever kept him sidelined. And then back spasms, an intermittent problem for him that caused him to miss the Houston game last season, kept him out of the New England finale.

When he said last week that "August was a rough month for me," he wasn't lying.

But it's been even harder on the connection between Burress, the team's primary receiving target, and quarterback Eli Manning. About the only way for them to have gotten fewer snaps going into the opener would have been for Burress to have quit the NFL.

No matter the talent of the receiver, timing between pass-catcher and quarterback is always paramount. It must be developed yearly through repetition. It doesn't come naturally, as the long hours Manning's big brother Peyton can attest to through his long offseason workouts with his favorite receiver, Marvin Harrison.

Manning and Burress have never had that this offseason as Burress insisted on working out in Florida with Jeremy Shockey. And now it's a question of how much work Burress can take as he tries to prepare for the Cowboys.

"We'll see," coach Tom Coughlin said. "For me, it's going to be, can he string those practices together? He started doing this once before, and he did have a couple of pretty good practices. And then he was forced to back off."

Burress didn't think that would be necessary this week, though.

"I didn't want to miss all that time, but I can say I haven't felt any better than how I feel right now the past four or five months," Burress said. "I just hope I can keep feeling this way."

One of Burress' biggest worries is his stamina. If he does make it to Dallas, he'll have to be at full speed against one of the league's faster secondaries.

But how long he can keep that going is the question. If he's on the field, he's not overly concerned about the back spasms driving him to the turf again. He's resigned himself to the occasional bout because of all the jumping and twisting that is part of his game.

Being able to do it over a long period, though, could be problematic at this point in the season.

"I'm concerned more about my endurance," he said. "I haven't played, so going out and playing 65, 70 plays this week, I'm not gonna be doing a lot of talking out there, that's for sure. I'll be over there trying to get all the oxygen I can get."

For now, he'd be happy with two good practices in a row. The real work of the week begins tomorrow. Make it through that practice, and it's one in a row.

It's not much. But for a No. 1 receiver who has taken just a handful of snaps with his quarterback, it's about the best he could hope for.

"I'm just gonna line up, play some football," Burress said. "Catch the football and get as many yards as I can after that."

church_lady.jpg

well isn't that special

give Plaxico a break...he is the most dangerous receiver the Giants have ever had...EVER...and u guys want to sit him??? the guy is an animal out there and he usually will give you 14 good games...plus he requires to be doubled up...cuz i mean u put him 1 on 1 against 90% of the leagues corners and he will just leap over them...

GO PLAX!

You mean, more dangerous than Stephen Baker the Touchdown Maker????? :P