SportsWrath

Today's Star Ledger

BadEgg

Here is an excerpt from today's Star Ledger. Enjoy!

QB Coach Palmer has Manning scambling for improved accuracy

ALBANY, N.Y. -- The cheers from the fans sitting on the grass came at an extremely odd time -- during a nondescript kickoff return drill on the main field. They had to be for something else.

They were. On an adjacent field, the Giants' four quarterbacks were throwing while on the run toward a net with different-colored targets and several pockets with netting.

When a scrambling Eli Manning fired one into a pocket, the crowd roared. Only one problem: He was aiming for the blue dot below the pocket.

"The crowd goes crazy and they think you're doing something good," Manning joked between training camp practices yesterday. "You kind of play it off, give them a little fist pump to make them actually think you did something right when you actually missed."

In a little more than a month, Manning won't be able to fool anybody. That pocket will be a defender's grasp...

In a little more than a month, that pocket will be Terrance Newman's hands.

Will Eli be giving you a "little fist pump" as Newman strides into the endzone?

You are the but of his jokes! Manning and the Chargers are laughing all the way to the bank, and the Giants, along with their fans, are the bagholders... :LMAO:

Why not quote the whole article egg? Afraid of saying something good about Eli?

"Wide receiver Plaxico Burress said Manning has been more accurate while throwing on the run lately, especially on throws into traffic when an errant pass could force a receiver to stretch out then get laid out by a defender. 'When the guys are running into DBs, he's actually stopping the guys from taking a hit,' Burress said. 'He's putting the ball in good places where it needs to be. He's trying to protect his receivers.'

One bad throw is all you can discuss egg. Homo has never thrown a bad pass? Aikmen was a 100% completion QB without any INTs? Grow up egg.

"Wide receiver Plaxico Burress said Manning has been more accurate while throwing on the run lately, especially on throws into traffic when an errant pass could force a receiver to stretch out then get laid out by a defender. 'When the guys are running into DBs, he's actually stopping the guys from taking a hit,' Burress said. 'He's putting the ball in good places where it needs to be. He's trying to protect his receivers.'

One bad throw is all you can discuss egg. Homo has never thrown a bad pass? Aikmen was a 100% completion QB without any INTs? Grow up egg.

What is Burress going to say when confronted the first or second day of camp my dear bagholder?

But then, through the final five games of '06, Romo led the Cowboys to only two victories. Along the way, he threw six touchdown passes but was intercepted eight times, and had a passer rating of 77.1.

And, of course, there was that costly botched snap in the final seconds of the playoff loss against the Seahawks.

I can't make this stuff up.

Carrie Underwood & Tony Romo 'Spending Time Together'

American Idol season-4 winner Carrie Underwood helped Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo celebrate his 27th birthday in Dallas over the weekend – and the pair looked very cozy, sources tell PEOPLE.

They showed up together Saturday night at Dallas's hip Ghostbar, where they were joined by nearly the entire Dallas Cowboys team.

"Carrie and Tony were having a great time in the deejay booth," an insider tells PEOPLE. "They were laughing, singing together, holding hands and their arms were around each other all night"......this was not the first time Underwood and Romo have been spotted together. On Christmas Day, she showed up to watch the Cowboys play the Eagles, and Romo was spotted hugging her before the game.

But in February, the football star told reporters at a pre-Super Bowl press conference that he and the singer weren't an item. "She's a very nice, sweet girl, I care for her and whoever ends up with her will be a very lucky guy," he said at the time.

A call to Romo's rep was not immediately returned.

Also Known as She Dumped him (February) after he single handedly LOST the Seattle playoff game. U can't "make this stuff up". :clap:

I can't make this stuff up.

Carrie Underwood & Tony Romo 'Spending Time Together'

American Idol season-4 winner Carrie Underwood helped Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo celebrate his 27th birthday in Dallas over the weekend – and the pair looked very cozy, sources tell PEOPLE.

They showed up together Saturday night at Dallas's hip Ghostbar, where they were joined by nearly the entire Dallas Cowboys team.

"Carrie and Tony were having a great time in the deejay booth," an insider tells PEOPLE. "They were laughing, singing together, holding hands and their arms were around each other all night"......this was not the first time Underwood and Romo have been spotted together. On Christmas Day, she showed up to watch the Cowboys play the Eagles, and Romo was spotted hugging her before the game.

But in February, the football star told reporters at a pre-Super Bowl press conference that he and the singer weren't an item. "She's a very nice, sweet girl, I care for her and whoever ends up with her will be a very lucky guy," he said at the time.

A call to Romo's rep was not immediately returned.

Also Known as She Dumped him (February) after he single handedly LOST the Seattle playoff game. U can't "make this stuff up". :clap:

HA HA HA...Even if you hate Romo and the Cowboys, you have to give him credit for hanging with Carrie! :TU:

However, I am happy to read they are no longer together, irrespective of who dumped who. I don't want Tony married or distracted during the season. Troy and Michael were not married early in their careers...and we all know what happend there. :cheers:

Today in the Sportswrath News:

BAD EGG SUCKS AND SO DO THE COWBOYS

Link? Hehehehehehe!!!!!

...anyway,,,

Romo thinking positive as contract year begins

The Pro Bowler is driven to atone for one crushing gutter ball, dropping the snap for what would have been Martin Gramatica's 19-yard kick with 1:19 to play in what became a 21-20 wild-card loss to the Seahawks in Seattle.

But there also is matter of defining himself in the final season of his contract. Is he the quarterback who, after replacing Drew Bledsoe on Oct. 29, led the Cowboys to four wins in his first five starts while throwing 10 touchdowns with two interceptions and two lost fumbles? Or, is he the quarterback who went 2-3 in his last five regular-season games, with six touchdown passes, eight interceptions and seven fumbles, four of which were lost?

"In some ways, I'm a question mark," says Romo, who will be working with a new offensive coordinator, Jason Garrett. "I know I have to play well for this team to be successful."

If it was me and I wasn't married with four kids, I'd be making more of an effort with Carrie Underwood." Said Tony's father

Romo's love life has become tabloid fodder.

"I get a kick out of it," the elder Romo says. "My wife gets a little paranoid when she sees it. Tony's personal life is really none of our business. But for a young guy in his position, 'Enjoy it, son. But never let it get in the way of what you're trying to accomplish.' "

Romo says: "I'm not dating anyone right now. I'd be a bad boyfriend if I was in a relationship right now. Eventually … I'll settle down. If I'm really going to be in a relationship, I'd like it to go to the next level at some point. But it can't with the way my life is right now."

"We have a chance to have a really, really special season," he says. "I know if I work as hard as I can, I can be as good one day as I can be. I don't know if that's really, really good or solid. But it will be fun to try and see."

Hmmmn "In some ways, I'm a question mark". What 'confidence' your starting QB has. No wonder Jerry Jones hasn't extended his contract. And even Romo's father seems to be questioning his son's social life. I smell Homo.

U can't make this stuff up.

Reports out of San Antonio are also saying Romo isn't having a good camp either. The talk shows here are all over it....

I'll paraphrize (?), "I keep reading all these reports on how good Romo looks. But he doesn't look that good to me." Talk Show radio host on ESPN.

Oh no, looks like the Dallas defense have also looked at Romo's tapes.

(Damn, we really need to get a whistling smiley)

HA HA HA...Even if you hate Romo and the Cowboys, you have to give him credit for hanging with Carrie! :TU:

However, I am happy to read they are no longer together, irrespective of who dumped who. I don't want Tony married or distracted during the season. Troy and Michael were not married early in their careers...and we all know what happend there. :cheers:

Yea...Irvin 'became' a crack head and Troy a concussed QB turned announcer. And your 'Boys haven't found anybody to replace Troy YET???

(Rumor has it that Troy's marriage is a front and Troy is gay.)

The Dog would like to point out the fact that a receiver that has a history of giving up on things when they go south has no business commenting on the fact that the balls are being thrown so that he does not have to take a hit...is that why he gives up on things? the Dog has an issue with the character of this Burress...

The Dog would like to point out the fact that a receiver that has a history of giving up on things when they go south has no business commenting on the fact that the balls are being thrown so that he does not have to take a hit...is that why he gives up on things? the Dog has an issue with the character of this Burress...

We appreciate your input, but until you tell us what team you

root for, we don't like you.

Such bitterness and anger...How will the Dog ever move on knowing that the likes of "golfingkid1027" does not like the Dog?? This is going to go against all of the Dog's principals, but the Dog's favorite NFL team is the very proud zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............................

I don't really care about what team he roots for, I won't like the guy until he stops talking like a moron. Third person? Get over yourself.

I don't really care about what team he roots for, I won't like the guy until he stops talking like a moron. Third person? Get over yourself.

I find it quite entertaining (the third person thing)....for example YOU would now state that: "The Lube doesn't really care what team the Dog roots for. The Lube thinks the Dog is a complete moron!"

And to add one more thing....I've lived in Arizona and now in California....people that talk in third person out here are usually 4er fans or Cardinal fans. It's a thing they do I guess.