SportsWrath

Browns to deal with Giants???

so-cal dub

---For LT Scaffer---

A Browns source told TGI early Sunday that the club was planning to contact New York regarding a trade for Shaffer, who is expendable now that Cleveland drafted Joe Thomas third overall.

Asked after the draft if the Browns had, indeed, contacted Big Blue about Shaffer, Giants GM Jerry Reese confirmed that there had been discussions.

The 27-year-old Shaffer just finished his first season in Cleveland after playing his first four seasons in Atlanta. The 6-5, 320-pounder was a seventh-round pick out of Tulsa.

The Giants and Browns are obviously willing trade partners, having swapped WR Tim Carter and RB Reuben Droughns earlier this offseason.

I'm assuming he will only be a stop-gap left tackle, the Giants need someone elite.

This guy aint bad. We had him rated high before the Falcons drafted him. Of course, that was the EA days. I dont think Reese has faith in Whimper or Dheil at LT. I seriously think you'll hear this trade going through tomorrow.

This guy aint bad. We had him rated high before the Falcons drafted him. Of course, that was the EA days. I dont think Reese has faith in Whimper or Dheil at LT. I seriously think you'll hear this trade going through tomorrow.

Me thinks when you have someone rated "high" you draft him before the 7th round. Mark my words, Shaffer is a step

down from Pettigout and we'd probably be better served if Diehl started at left tackle.

Me thinks when you have someone rated "high" you draft him before the 7th round. Mark my words, Shaffer is a step

down from Pettigout and we'd probably be better served if Diehl started at left tackle.

You think Diehl would be better at LT, than an actual LT?

You think Diehl would be better at LT, than an actual LT?

Yes, there is a reason why Atlanta didn't resign him and why Cleveland drafted the best tackle

since Orlando Pace in the draft.

I'm tired of the Giants getting someone elses castoffs, Emmons, Arrington, Sam Madison, Brent Alexander,

enough is enough, we have to start buliding our own talent through the draft and stop relying on free

agency so much. One of the many reasons why I love Jerry Reese as the Giants GM.

Probably groom him and boot Whimper. I dont think Reese cares for him.

I get that Vibe too. Reese says Whimper will get a long look this year . well he has been here what ,2 years now ? They have looked long enough to know . There is practice and scrimmages and preseason . They know what they got in him wich can't be much or they would of left Dheil at guard. and put whimper to LT already.

I'm tired of the Giants getting someone elses castoffs, Emmons, Arrington, Sam Madison, Brent Alexander,

enough is enough , we have to start buliding our own talent through the draft and stop relying on free

agency so much. One of the many reasons why I love Jerry Reese as the Giants GM.

A Effin' Men!

:clap:

A Effin' Men!

:clap:

Seriously, thank god Ernie Accorsi was not our General Manager this year

I just know he would have overpaid for someone in this free agent class.

I can live with a guy like Kavika Mitchell playing for 1 year and then boucing,

Carlos Emmons should have been given a 2 year contract, not a 5 year 16 million

dollar deal, especially after coming off a broken leg. LaVar Arrington? The Giants

would have been better off just letting Wilkenson start the position as Arrington did

jack shit when he was here. He batted one ball down and had one sack, whoop di do!

I hope Jerry Reese bulids our team through the draft and SMART free agent aquisitions,

not stupid ones like: Dave Thomas, Barrett Green, Barry Stokes, Carlos Emmons,

R.W. McQuarters

just plain fucking sucks. Arrington was a stupid signing as well and I'm convinced Accorsi was

looking for a name.

Granted I liked the Arrington signing when it happened, I lost that feeling when I saw him on the field.

In my opinion, Reese has already done more for this franchise than Accorsi did.

dollar deal, especially after coming off a broken leg. LaVar Arrington? The Giants

would have been better off just letting Wilkenson start the position as Arrington did

jack shit when he was here. He batted one ball down and had one sack, whoop di do!

I hope Jerry Reese bulids our team through the draft and SMART free agent aquisitions,

R.W. McQuarters<---I hate that man, you might as well have 10 men on the field as he

just plain fucking sucks. Arrington was a stupid signing as well and I'm convinced Accorsi was

looking for a name.

Granted I liked the Arrington signing when it happened, I lost that feeling when I saw him on the field.

He worked the draft really well, but only time will tell HOW WELL. But I did think he filled spots beautifully and got the best talent to do so, all except of course for Koets. (IMO)

He worked the draft really well, but only time will tell HOW WELL. But I did think he filled spots beautifully and got the best talent to do so, all except of course for Koets. (IMO)

He worked the draft very well.

I remember the ringers that Accorsi drafted in the 3rd round.

Brian Alford WR, Jeff Hatch OT, Ron Dixon WR out of Lambuth, where the fuck is Lambuth?

Dan Cambell TE, a great blocker, horrible reciever, Vistante Shanicoe, remember when he said "I

can be better than Shockey?" Yeah, I don't either. Will Peterson err James was overrated and always hurt.

Awesome 3rd round picks Ernie, none of them are with the team anymore, as are half

of your 2nd round picks and 1st round picks for that matter.

He worked the draft very well.

I remember the ringers that Accorsi drafted in the 3rd round.

Brian Alford WR, Jeff Hatch OT, Ron Dixon WR out of Lambuth, where the fuck is Lambuth?

Dan Cambell TE, a great blocker, horrible reciever, Vistante Shanicoe, remember when he said "I

can be better than Shockey?" Yeah, I don't either. Will Peterson err James was overrated and always hurt.

Awesome 3rd round picks Ernie, none of them are with the team anymore, as are half

of your 2nd round picks and 1st round picks for that matter.

Jacobs was a 3rd rounder, no?

R.W. McQuarters<---I hate that man, you might as well have 10 men on the field as he

looking for a name.

Accorsi wouldnt have had the money to throw at a big name free agent. Just like Reese didnt.

Yes, there is a reason why Atlanta didn't resign him and why Cleveland drafted the best tackle

since Orlando Pace in the draft.

enough is enough, we have to start buliding our own talent through the draft and stop relying on free

You make a great argument. I mean if the guy was any good, why would a team let him go. By the same token, we're not expecting a superstar. If the guy can play at or slightly at the same level as Luke minus the false starts and the back spasms, it's a definite upgrade.

As far as us getting someone else's castoffs, that's life in FA. Every team does it.

looking for a name.

Given the amount of time, Yes. I feel great because I totally supported the decision to hire a GM from within.

You make a great argument. I mean if the guy was any good, why would a team let him go. By the same token, we're not expecting a superstar. If the guy can play at or slightly at the same level as Luke minus the false starts and the back spasms, it's a definite upgrade.

As far as us getting someone else's castoffs, that's life in FA. Every team does it.

You did notice that I didn't put up Plaxico Burress, Antonio Pierce, Kareem McKenzie and Shaun O`Hara's names

up there because they were good pickups, Burress could be a top 10 wideout if he ever uses his talent corectly,

Pierce is our defensive captain, O'Hara is the offensive captain and McKenzie is a very good right tackle.

Only we do that. We let Ponder go.

Agreed. If this guy was any good, then why: 1. Was he drafted in round seven, 2. Did the Browns love him so much that they took a LT at the first opportunity they had, and 3. He'd be with his third team in five years?

We're in trouble at LT this season, guys. Diehl isn't gonna cut it.