SportsWrath

Browns to deal with Giants???

so-cal dub

Agreed. If this guy was any good, then why: 1. Was he drafted in round seven, 2. Did the Browns love him so much that they took a LT at the first opportunity they had, and 3. He'd be with his third team in five years?

We're in trouble at LT this season, guys. Diehl isn't gonna cut it.

They did not just draft a LT they picked up what many think is going to be an all-pro LT. It would have been very difficult to pass him up.

Depending on who is involved on our end for the trade I think it is a good move. Bring in a LT with a couple of years experience to a line that has played very well for the past three seasons even with many injuries.

They did not just draft a LT they picked up what many think is going to be an all-pro LT. It would have been very difficult to pass him up.

Depending on who is involved on our end for the trade I think it is a good move. Bring in a LT with a couple of years experience to a line that has played very well for the past three seasons even with many injuries.

Plus our O line coaches do a damn good job making somthing outta nothing. I know thats optimistic, but I think we will be ok at the line. :mellow:

Agreed. If this guy was any good, then why: 1. Was he drafted in round seven, 2. Did the Browns love him so much that they took a LT at the first opportunity they had, and 3. He'd be with his third team in five years?

We're in trouble at LT this season, guys. Diehl isn't gonna cut it.

Actually, I have a lot of faith in Diehl. Besides, Guy Whimper wasn't drafted for nothing.

I'm assuming he will only be a stop-gap left tackle, the Giants need someone elite.

golfing kid, almost every team needs an elite lt...problem is most teams cannot get one, there hare hardly any elite lt in the game. i personally have no problem starting guy whimper over a 7th round scrub from the browns. if whimper isn't the answer, then fine, we can go after someone else, but i'd rather not waste my time with some browns castoff. you already know what he can do.

Plus our O line coaches do a damn good job making somthing outta nothing. I know thats optimistic, but I think we will be ok at the line. mellow.gif

Hmm... that actually is true, isn't it? I'd just feel a lot better if we signed a Bob Whitfield type (but not retarded) to use as an "oh shit" policy. Diehl wasn't impressive as a RT earlier in his career... now he's gonna shine as a LT?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Whimper... though it's hard to root for a guy with a name like that. Do you realize when he had to fill out standardized tests as a kid, his name was "Whimper Guy?" :clap:

No Deal

April

David Diehl might as well keep studying that left tackle playbook. There will be no deal, at least for now, for Browns left tackle Kevin Shaffer.

When all was said and done, the Browns wanted too much. They were looking for either a fourth-rounder during the draft, or next year’s third. Given Shaffer’s increasing salary, the fact that he’s going to lose his job to rookie Joe Thomas, and Jerry Reese’s professed love of first-day picks, no way the Giants were going to give up a third.

Don’t know what might happen down the road if the Browns come down in their demands. But at the very least, there’s no deal now. So it looks like Diehl vs. Whimper in a “Dual in the Albany Sun” for the starting left tackle spot.

Ciao for now.

No Deal

April

David Diehl might as well keep studying that left tackle playbook. There will be no deal, at least for now, for Browns left tackle Kevin Shaffer.

When all was said and done, the Browns wanted too much. They were looking for either a fourth-rounder during the draft, or next year’s third. Given Shaffer’s increasing salary, the fact that he’s going to lose his job to rookie Joe Thomas, and Jerry Reese’s professed love of first-day picks, no way the Giants were going to give up a third.

Don’t know what might happen down the road if the Browns come down in their demands. But at the very least, there’s no deal now. So it looks like Diehl vs. Whimper in a “Dual in the Albany Sun” for the starting left tackle spot.

Ciao for now.

I read this earlier, just never posted it.

I think it's funny as fuck the Browns want a 3rd round pick for 7th round, second tier T. Fucking Randy Moss got had for a 4th rounder and these chodes want a 3rd for this assclown... :LMAO:

I think it's funny as fuck the Browns want a 3rd round pick for 7th round, second tier T. Fucking Randy Moss got had for a 4th rounder and these chodes want a 3rd for this assclown... :LMAO:

Not to mention they spent their 1st pick to replace this guy. It's not a secret they're trying to move him. Sheesh.

If you think that's funny, you should see what's posted over at the Browns MB. I read some quotes over at the GMB from Browns fans.

"Brandon Jacobs and a fourth rounder I'd be happy with."

"Next year's first, a third and William Joseph."

"Mathias Kiwanuka, straight up." (Another guy wanted Kiwi and a second and third next year)

I've seen some crazy shit on message boards, but Cleveland must be the dust capital of the US. :LMAO:

If you think that's funny, you should see what's posted over at the Browns MB. I read some quotes over at the GMB from Browns fans.

"Brandon Jacobs and a fourth rounder I'd be happy with."

"Next year's first, a third and William Joseph."

"Mathias Kiwanuka, straight up." (Another guy wanted Kiwi and a second and third next year)

I've seen some crazy shit on message boards, but Cleveland must be the dust capital of the US. :LMAO:

Whatever they're drinking/smoking, I'd like some.

Maybe the Browns didn't get the memo that EA retired....