SportsWrath

New Era scouting list

so-cal dub

--link---

Tells you who teams are looking at, interviewed, went pro day, ect.. Very cool.

GiantsM_thumb.jpg

New York Giants

Quarterbacks:

None

Running Backs:

Kolby Smith, Louisville

Fullbacks:

Le'Ron McClain, Alabama

Wide Receivers:

David Clowney, Virigina Tech

Johnnie Lee Higgins, Texas-El Paso

Chansi Stuckey, Clemson

Tight Ends:

Clark Harris, Rutgers

Offensive Tackles:

None

Offensive Guards:

None

Centers:

None

Defensive Ends:

Lamar Woodley, Michigan

Defensive Tackles:

Jay Alford, Penn State

Kareem Brown, Miami

Derek Landri, Notre Dame

Amobi Okoye, Louisville

DeMarcus Tyler, North Carolina State

Outside Linbackers:

Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma

Stewart Bradley, Nebraska

Prescott Burgess, Michigan

Kevin McLee, West Virginia

Paul Posluszny, Penn State

Inside Linbackers:

Anthony Waters, Clemson

Patrick Willis, Mississippi

Cornerbacks:

Jonathan Wade, Tennessee

Josh Wilson, Maryland

Safeties:

Brandon Meriweather, Miami

Kickers/Punters:

None

Notice we looked a total of 2 whole cornerbacks. :rolleyes:

Much to my dismay, I heard that the Giants would be interested in DT Okoye if he falls that far.

:unsure:

I thought that our first priority would be LB or players to solidify that pourous secondary, when was the last time we saw a coverage sack?

Regardless I think it should be BPA regardless as to what position although I do like Lawrence Timmons, I know that ALL of the draft analysts say that he's too short & didn't run well at the combine but I like his hitting ability and after watching him piss all over the Hurricanes offense (not that there was much to speak of) I think that he's be a great fit next to Pierce who wants & needs another fiery guy to compliment him.

Le Ron McClain?

Height: 6-1

Weight: 257

40 yard dash: 4.86

Grade: 49

Strengths:

McClain is an "old school" fullback, that should primarily be used in the running game as a lead blocker to clear the path for the running back. McClain is a top notch blocker and a great leader, evidenced by the fact that he was Alabama's team captain.

Weaknesses:

McClain has limited potential outside his blocking ability. He does not have much speed, and there is no reason to expect him to develop into a player that can be counted on in the passing game or a player that you can count on to run the ball.

Overall:

Le'Ron McClain is the top "true" fullback in the 2007 NFL Draft. If teams are looking for a fullback that is going to help out in all facets of their offense, McClain is not their guy, but if teams are looking for a fullback to lead a smash mouth running game, then Le'Ron McClain is their man.

With the scouting of this guy and the recent signing of power back Ruben Droughns... will Nem and I FINALLY get our wish and get an ass-kicking fullback and a smash-mouth running game? :freaked:

Le Ron McClain?

With the scouting of this guy and the recent signing of power back Ruben Droughns... will Nem and I FINALLY get our wish and get an ass-kicking fullback and a smash-mouth running game? :freaked:

It really looks like it...hopefully the front office and coaches realize that we can't put every game on the shoulder of Eli Manning because, though he's good, he doesnt have that same ability to put his team on his shoulders like Peyton. With a power running football team, we could completely punish defenses with the running game, and hit up shockey over the middle and plax deep. Straight wear teams down.

Okoye is not falling to #20 and if he does we'd be crazy to pass up on him.

naw, Jay Alford in the late 3rd! No DTs in the first...we have historically bad luck at doing that.