SportsWrath

So we are down 6 players and have not signed anyone

jranieli

Reese is down 4 players and 3 of them contributed ZILCH to the team by the end of the year and one of them actually started at LB in a playoff game, against his former team and did not register ONE SINGLE TACKLE. Grey Rugamer and Rich Suebert had more tackles on special teams that day then Emmons had the ENTIRE game, playing 90% of the snaps.

Lets recap shall we

LaVar Arrington- risky sign, started playing well and then as usual got hurt. Rumor now is the Giants might resign him at the vet minimum as everyone knew his supposed 49 mil deal was a 1 year make good offer. Contributed nothing after game #6.

Luke Pettigout, everyone whipping boy year in year out. Had the best 8 games of his career to start 2006(IMO had more to do with the fact he played alongside the best Olinemen he has ever lined up next to at G in Diehl)., Gets hurt(and it was not back spasms at gametime)and the Qb struggles and all of a sudden he is Jackie Slater or Art Shell at LT. LT is the hardest position to find, they get paid at the same level a Qb or shutdown CB would and Luke hardly got that type of attention as a free agent.

Emmons- see above, a complete waste and another example of how EA listened to Tim Lewis a lot(see Brent Alexander and Kendrick Clancy).

Frank Walker- well I am sorry I just do not see how this is a loss, other than the fact the teams overall IQ has improved.

Reese is playing it cool and not overpaying for mediocre talent. I think Diehl will settle in to be a good LT and I think we will plug some holes with some second tier free agents.

Reese is down 4 players and 3 of them contributed ZILCH to the team by the end of the year and one of them actually started at LB in a playoff game, against his former team and did not register ONE SINGLE TACKLE. Grey Rugamer and Rich Suebert had more tackles on special teams that day then Emmons had the ENTIRE game, playing 90% of the snaps.

Lets recap shall we

LaVar Arrington- risky sign, started playing well and then as usual got hurt. Rumor now is the Giants might resign him at the vet minimum as everyone knew his supposed 49 mil deal was a 1 year make good offer. Contributed nothing after game #6.

Luke Pettigout, everyone whipping boy year in year out. Had the best 8 games of his career to start 2006(IMO had more to do with the fact he played alongside the best Olinemen he has ever lined up next to at G in Diehl)., Gets hurt(and it was not back spasms at gametime)and the Qb struggles and all of a sudden he is Jackie Slater or Art Shell at LT. LT is the hardest position to find, they get paid at the same level a Qb or shutdown CB would and Luke hardly got that type of attention as a free agent.

Emmons- see above, a complete waste and another example of how EA listened to Tim Lewis a lot(see Brent Alexander and Kendrick Clancy).

Frank Walker- well I am sorry I just do not see how this is a loss, other than the fact the teams overall IQ has improved.

Reese is playing it cool and not overpaying for mediocre talent. I think Diehl will settle in to be a good LT and I think we will plug some holes with some second tier free agents.

I agree with everything you said, but Diehl isn't going to be a very good left tackle. Most people forget that he was a right tackle after his rookie year and he was less than stellar there... at LT he's gonna have even more problems.

I agree with everything you said, but Diehl isn't going to be a very good left tackle. Most people forget that he was a right tackle after his rookie year and he was less than stellar there... at LT he's gonna have even more problems.

He was not awful at RT, its just that EA desperately had to add Oline help and McKeenzie was the best available option. What I think Diehl will benefit from is a few things. He is very smart as he has shown an ability to play all 4 spots along the line other than center and he is very durable. I remember in 05 when Luke and MCkeenzie went down he played some LT too and I think it was the Chiefs game. I really think Diehl has taken the gradual progression to this spot as he has gotten better every year and is a smart player, who has the size and athleticism to play T.

Lets recap shall we

we also lost Vishante Shancio (sp) and Chad Morton so that makes 6 holes to fill plus numerous spots to up grade in . not that VS and CM did anything stellar or left a massive void yet they are still holes that need to be filled. Unless Moss does the Kick returning then its 5 holes

we also lost Vishante Shancio (sp) and Chad Morton so that makes 6 holes to fill plus numerous spots to up grade in . not that VS and CM did anything stellar or left a massive void yet they are still holes that need to be filled. Unless Moss does the Kick returning then its 5 holes

dude, we released a bunch of injured, washed up, and undisciplined players. No big deal. 7 draft picks plus who knows how many free agents will most definitely fill the voids, brotha.

It would be nice if we re-sign Lamar to a veterans minimum contract. Give him once more chance, I would jump on it.

Who wouldnt? The guy still has the potential to be a beast...he's just always injured.

great I am even more pissed off. Thanks for pointing that one out. <_>

You didn't want to cry too much then.

35 times? That's quite a lot...I dont think I've cried 10 times in my entire life. Point is, there was no way Shiancoe should have ever been doing anything but blocking with Tiki, Shockey, Burress, Toomer, and Carter(he was a 2nd round pick after all and SHOULD have been getting the ball).

35 times? That's quite a lot...I dont think I've cried 10 times in my entire life. Point is, there was no way Shiancoe should have ever been doing anything but blocking with Tiki, Shockey, Burress, Toomer, and Carter(he was a 2nd round pick after all and SHOULD have been getting the ball).

It makes you wonder what games the Vikes scouts were watching doens't it. I mean we didn't run 2 tight end sets much last year, instead we ran an offensive lineman in as an eligible receiver every 3rd down.

It makes you wonder what games the Vikes scouts were watching doens't it. I mean we didn't run 2 tight end sets much last year, instead we ran an offensive lineman in as an eligible receiver every 3rd down.

True. But that might have been boneheaded playcalling, too...we havent been known for our offensive prowess during the Huffy, Coughlin days.

What did we lose?

2 linebackers who would not have been playing by midseason anyway;

1 running back that was on the team for return purposes only, who was injured, was mediocre last season, and who we can replace with players already on the team (McQuarters, Ward, Jennings, etc.)

1 WR who was chronically injured most of the time he was here, and when he did see the field, did nothing.

1 LT a back spasm away from missing games

1 5th string DB, who I'm told is the best 5th string DB in the league, despite getting less playing time than a rookie UDFA.

1 backup TE who wanted and got way more money than his talent would deserve.

I look at that list and all I see are a couple extra draft picks next year.

Besides, with Pettigout and Walker gone, maybe Coughlin can keep his promise about cutting down penalties.

Who the fuck is Lamar? LaVar.

EVerytime you call him Lamar I think of this dude

lamar-ROTN.jpg

"We got Poindexter on the violin, and Lewis and Gilbert will be joining. We got Booger Presley on the mean guitar and a rap by little ol' me Lamar. We got Takashi beating on his gong, the boys and the mu's are clapping along. And just when you thought, ya seen it all, along comes a Lambda four foot tall. So won't ya come on out here on the floor, so we can move our bodies, like never before."

:LMAO: