SportsWrath

Just watched the NY Giants 86 SB run...on NFL Network

randoff

Gilbride said that he felt the offense could go deep more often, so there goes that idea.

I'm hoping he's talking about a playaction pass or something...God only know how it has been since the Ginats ran one of those. :rolleyes:

In that Chicago game (playoff) where Landeta whiffed on that punt..the Giants D was popping the Bears like hot grease on a Saturday night fish fry. Wow!

And I almost forgot how tough Bavaro was!

I can NEVER get enough of watching those days.

i only caught the part with LT at Simms jersey retirement. brought a tear to the eye.

i was at that game, it was the only highlight of a dismal night.

You mean when we lost 35 - 0 to the Dallas Cowboys. Yeah, I remember it all to well. :TD:

I've been a Giant fan all my life, I bleed blue. But that was about the time I was turned into a diehard Giant fan. I was about 15 when that SB occured, a very impressionable age. That Defense, along with Bavaro, Simms and Little Joe Morris, hooked me for life. That was one of the top 3 D's Ive seen in my lifetime.

You mean when we lost 35 - 0 to the Dallas Cowboys. Yeah, I remember it all to well. :TD:

Yeah and the Broke Backs' owner walking around Giants stadium followed by the cameras and what not like he owned the joint. That is why our first game against them in '06 was such a catharsis for me. Too bad Papa Well had already passed away because that has to be my favorite demolishment of the Broke Backs for all time. :clap:

I saw it too. I got pissed.

This Giants "team" is dissapointing (understatement). Although, there's some similarities...the '86 Giants had balls...the '06 Giants have a sore where there balls were and their vaginas soon to be.

I've been a Giant fan all my life, I bleed blue. But that was about the time I was turned into a diehard Giant fan. I was about 15 when that SB occured, a very impressionable age. That Defense, along with Bavaro, Simms and Little Joe Morris, hooked me for life. That was one of the top 3 D's Ive seen in my lifetime.

Big Blue used to Gang tackle opponents RBs. And as bad as Simms was at times, he hung in there, gutted it out with NO recievers! Simms passing for 400 yds in a playoff game with Bavaro, McConkey, Robinson and Lionel Manuel. Parcells was on top of his coaching game. What a team to watch. Like NJ Smalls said above...this 2006 Giants team is straight vagina! <_<

I remember that, always hated that guy.

The original classless showboater if you ask me....he is the most underwhelming Hall of Fame running back that I have ever laid eyes upon. And of course he cried in the Dallas papers a couple of times when the Giants exacted payback on his ass. Even when the Broke Backs won that regular season game at Giants Stadium where he was playing with a separated shoulder. Like he was some kind of Iron Man. Every time he went to the sidelines they were sticking a needle in his ass. No one and I mean no one can play a game of pro football with a separated shoulder and not lapse in unconsciousness from the pain, unless you are heavily drugged. <_< Yeah it was NIke night not Phil Simms night at Giants Stadium. Sometimes you wished PapaWell and the Gang were not such a group of gentlemen. Of all of the league first families the Giants have paid the biggest price in terms of what the team has given up to promote the league and share revenues with small market teams. :furious:

Big Blue used to Gang tackle opponents RBs. And as bad as Simms was at times, he hung in there, gutted it out with NO recievers! Simms passing for 400 yds in a playoff game with Bavaro, McConkey, Robinson and Lionel Manuel. Parcells was on top of his coaching game. What a team to watch. Like NJ Smalls said above...this 2006 Giants team is straight vagina! <_<

And every one talks about how well Twitchy Manning reads the blitz. Not being a homer ...but I remember many a game where Simms would come to the line and drop out of his cadence and simply tell the TE or RB to look out for the LB or SS as they were coming on a blitz. I remember one time when he had a WR in motion (Stacey Robinson?) and he just made him stop and stand right next to him; they were playing the 69'ers and Hale came in on a stunt and Simms used the WR to chip him and bought time for a long pass down the seam. Excellence in motion. :worshippy: :clap: :worshippy:

Exactly, people like to say Simms was average at best, but he still holds the SB record for pass completions,(22 of 25, 88%) and like you said, threw for 400+ w/ NO NAME receivers. The org. from top to bottom then, was elite. :clap:

I just watched the repeat today. Needless to say, I'm jealous. I have never seen a dominant defense when I've been old enough. 2002 was when I became a big time fan. I've been accustomed to mediocrity.

some of us who suffered through the 70's would have embraced mediocrity.