SportsWrath

We sucked in goal line situations the past few weeks

Plow

Did something happen to Jacobs? Coughlin keeps saying he's not hurt. So why hasn't he been in there when they get close to goal line sutations? From what I remember it was him scoring all the touchdowns down there all year. The past few weeks, Feely has become the King of the 20 yard field goals.

THEEENNN 3rd and 1, tiki runs the ball. What the fuck? The only carries Jacobs gets is when Barber gets hurt.

My theory is Coughlin knew tiki was going to retire, and he knew he was getting fired. He didn't want to have Jacobs improve at all for the new coach that comes in. He wants the new coach to have to deal with him. Thanks coughlin, you're a big ass hole. I wont miss you one bit.

Play calling, not trusting Eli, and Play calling killed us in the Red Zone!

Eli throws a 2 yd passes to Finn with 13 yds to go for a TD, Eli throws fade patterns the wrong way, and you've got the biggest back since Earl Campbell and he's sittin' on the bench?? :confused:

Props to you Eli for the rocket pass to Burress for a TD. See what happens when you step into your throws?

I don't think Jacobs would've gotten the 1st down that Tiki got. I think TC knew that the Eagles are built to stop a guy like Jacobs, and a slippery guy like Tiki had a better shot. For once, he was right.

But the Lorenzen thing is bullshit. What a waste of a timeout.

I don't think Jacobs would've gotten the 1st down that Tiki got. I think TC knew that the Eagles are built to stop a guy like Jacobs, and a slippery guy like Tiki had a better shot. For once, he was right.

But the Lorenzen thing is bullshit. What a waste of a timeout.

you're missing the point. If we could have scored on those goal line situations instead of kicking 19 yard field goals, we're singing a different tune right now.

you're missing the point. If we could have scored on those goal line situations instead of kicking 19 yard field goals, we're singing a different tune right now.

We were on the 3 and the 5 I think. I'd rather Barber in at that point then Jacobs. Better picking up the blitz, better out of the backfield, and more elusive then Jacobs.

During crunch time, you put the ball in your best players hands.

We were on the 3 and the 5 I think. I'd rather Barber in at that point then Jacobs. Better picking up the blitz, better out of the backfield, and more elusive then Jacobs.

During crunch time, you put the ball in your best players hands.

your best player in that situation is brandon jacobs.

Through the first 11 games, jacobs had 8 touchdowns, tiki had 1. What changed that we need to start giving it to tiki? And even though tiki finished with 5 touchdowns, those touchdowns didn't come on goal line situtations. They were results of 20+ yard runs he broke.

A goal line back needs to be big and can push people around. Tiki for his whole career has never been good in goal line situations. There are no lanes for him to run in.

Through the first 11 games, jacobs had 8 touchdowns, tiki had 1. What changed that we need to start giving it to tiki? And even though tiki finished with 5 touchdowns, those touchdowns didn't come on goal line situtations. They were results of 20+ yard runs he broke.

A goal line back needs to be big and can push people around. Tiki for his whole career has never been good in goal line situations. There are no lanes for him to run in.

Jacobs has had minimal success against the Eagles on the goal line. Last year he got shut down at home, this year he barely made it in at home. The EAgles are built to stop guys like him, and they are the best team in football on stopping the short yardage in the red zone.

Jacobs has had minimal success against the Eagles on the goal line. Last year he got shut down at home, this year he barely made it in at home. The EAgles are built to stop guys like him, and they are the best team in football on stopping the short yardage in the red zone.

you're right, thats why they made tiki look useless down there. If you even have a chance you have to put in Jacobs. Tiki hasn't been able to handle goal line situations his whole career.

you're right, thats why they made tiki look useless down there. If you even have a chance you have to put in Jacobs. Tiki hasn't been able to handle goal line situations his whole career.

But he gets defenses more worried then Jacobs. They have to respect his ability out of the backfield more then Jacobs. And Barber is better at picking up blitzes.

when the brought in lorenzen didnt you wish the play actioned a pass and went deep

i was thinking that the second time he came in and then he tried to re-align the guys but we were out of position so he had to call the TO

:clap: exactly. i was literally screaming for jacobs on the goalline. That was simply the worst display of goalline offensive playcalling i have witnessed since throwing to shockey 3 straight times a few years ago.

exactly so you run play action to jacobs and hit shockey or burress

But he gets defenses more worried then Jacobs. They have to respect his ability out of the backfield more then Jacobs. And Barber is better at picking up blitzes.

what gets defenses worried is trying to tackle a guy whose 6-5, 260 pounds and still can run pretty quick. You see it in their faces. Remember when Ronde Barber was one on one with jacobs? He did nothign but laugh and watch his life flash before his eyes.

:clap: exactly. i was literally screaming for jacobs on the goalline. That was simply the worst display of goalline offensive playcalling i have witnessed since throwing to shockey 3 straight times a few years ago.

i think i said brandon jacobs' name about 115 times this game.

what gets defenses worried is trying to tackle a guy whose 6-5, 260 pounds and still can run pretty quick. You see it in their faces. Remember when Ronde Barber was one on one with jacobs? He did nothign but laugh and watch his life flash before his eyes.

Difference is that when you're in the red zone Jacobs doesn't have the time to get his motor going like he did against Tampa. When he comes in, they know he's running and aren't scared. That may be on the coaching but at least when a play breaks down, Tiki has a better shot of getting in. Jacobs doesn't have that ability.

Difference is that when you're in the red zone Jacobs doesn't have the time to get his motor going like he did against Tampa. When he comes in, they know he's running and aren't scared. That may be on the coaching but at least when a play breaks down, Tiki has a better shot of getting in. Jacobs doesn't have that ability.

I'm sorry, thats just wrong. Jacobs has been our designated hitter all year long, if it's the 9th inning do you let a pitcher bat in place of your DH. time and time again jacobs plowed into the endzone. why in the playoffs do you not use him? i don't care if it takes him 10 minutes to get up to speed, on first and goal from the 5 yard like, you give it to jacobs.

did you watch the Giants in the first half of the season?

Don't forget the two possesions back to back starting at the 50 where we punted from the 45-50.

oh and that great play call on 1st and goal from the 5, the middle screen to Tiki? WHAT THE FUCK i couldn't get over that play and still cant. Then on second you're gonna run a fuckin off tackle with Tiki? Jesus Christ someone fuckin shoot gilbride too!

did you watch the Giants in the first half of the season?

Then did you watch the second half, where teams like the Panthers and Eagles were beginning to shut Jacobs down.

When he comes in, the play calling has been miserable, and his production has gone down. Just like last year. I don't fault Jacobs, but I don't fault the coaches for leaving Tiki in there.

That 3rd down play when we were inside the 5 the second time and Eli tried to force the ball to Shockey in the back of the endzone, behind Carter and Tyree (I think). That was a very bad decision by Eli. As he began his throwing motion Carter was finishing the break on his route 1 yard inside the endzone and Eli had a perfect touchdown pass to Carters outside shoulder. Did Eli not see that he had him open, or is he just locked on to Shockey and Plax down there cuz he doesn't trust his other recievers? If anyone has a clip of that play, I wouldn't mind taking another look.