SportsWrath

Happy anniversary!

gateb

4 years ago today.

TN_IMG_4571s.JPG

I remember as soon as the game ended, I ran downstairs and played Madden on my Play station 1 until 1 in the morning. I was 10 years old. I still have images of Strahan pointing to the scoreboard, and then TO getting on a box or something and being an orchestra leader for the fans. I hated that day.

Now let's hear your stories :furious:

I'm going to kill you in your sleep.

But yeah, Strahan's pointing to the scoreboard in engrained into my memory. Somehow i knew at that very moment we were going to lose, as soon as he pointed my thoughts were "We've just lost this game".

I've never in my life yelled so much at the TV, from cheering like a madman to cursing anyone associated with the Giants. Easily one of the worst days of my life.

I'm going to kill you in your sleep.

But yeah, Strahan's pointing to the scoreboard in engrained into my memory. Somehow i knew at that very moment we were going to lose, as soon as he pointed my thoughts were "We've just lost this game".

I've never in my life yelled so much at the TV, from cheering like a madman to cursing anyone associated with the Giants. Easily one of the worst days of my life.

I had the same feeling, plus, Sehorn trying to drag down Owens is implanted in my memory.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about...

But this is a sad day for me though. 4 Years ago (as told by my wife) I tried killing myself by cutting my risks. All I remember is waking up 4 days later and Amy telling me "It's going to be OK Honey!" Can really remeber why I tried killing myself that day. All I can remember is feeling great one minute, and then, feeling depressed an hour later.

I had the same feeling, plus, Sehorn trying to drag down Owens is implanted in my memory.

I was praying for one of those "MASH" movie moments where they drug the opposing teams RB/WR after a tackle. I kept saying shoot that motherfucker (T.O.) up with something for Christ's sake. And then to see that OL get interfered with in the endzone and just knowing that the Giants now had the ball at the 1....no the crooked lame referees just called an ineligible down field...noooooo...Gentleman Jim run onto the fuuuuccckinnng field and tell these assholes that he is on the wing and is AUTOMATICALLY ELIGIBLE ON FIELD GOALS.....ITS IN THE GOD FORSAKEN RULE BOOK. It was so lame that the 69'er player who made the penalty held his fucking head down...the whole crowd was quiet like a fucking repeat of the 1990 NFC Championship Game when Bahr took care of that Threepeat bullshit. But no GentleMan Jim could not sully his nice guy butt fuck reputation and lose it no. He just walked off of the field and took it like a bitch. And then to hear that motherfucking loser 69'er coach during the press conference that his team won on a cheat say insincerely "oh thats a bummer". I got a bummer for you motherfucker. One of the worst playoff collapses in history could have still been redeemed if the "Screw the Giants" referee mind set was not in place.

Try living and working among big mouth 49er fans, some of whom I made the mistake of calling at half time. <_<

My oldest sister (traitorous Benedict Arnold bit...) used to be a Giants fan, but after 1990 for some reason she decided the 69'ers were her team. Let me tell you I might have had one less sister that day if we were in the same room. :brooding: :furious: :explode:

The fallout from that game was worse. Signing everyone and their mother for defensive end and tackle, signing a reliable punter and kicker (who hurt his back in the 3rd preseason game, thanks Mike Hollis, fucking asshole)

Totally ignoring the fact that we had no right tackle to speak off, Ike Hillard was never the same after that hit from Dawkins.

In some ways, the Giants still haven`t recovered from that game and what, 6 players are left from that team in Amani Toomer (who had the game of his life during that game) Tiki Barber, Michael Strahan, Jeremy Shockey, Rich Seubert and Luke Pettigout are left.

I discounted Brandon Short because he left for Carolina after 2003.

My oldest sister (traitorous Benedict Arnold bit...) used to be a Giants fan, but after 1990 for some reason she decided the 69'ers were her team. Let me tell you I might have had one less sister that day if we were in the same room. :brooding: :furious: :explode:

oh that's tough, a family defection.

i call 'em the 4 and 9ers or the 4th and 9ers.

oh that's tough, a family defection.

i call 'em the 4 and 9ers or the 4th and 9ers.

Yeah we were one gigantic Giants clan (and the ones who were not/are not) keep their mouths shut. Except for my Old Man who hates anything in a Giants uniform that borders on the pathological. :P He would only cheer for them when they played the Broke Backs, 69'ers and the Steelers. One of my cousins is a lawyer and he used to live in Bean Town ...every one wanted to kill him with his Celtics bullshit....but now his wife is a psychologist and she teaches at Bill Cosby's alma mater...good ol Temple U (I was interested in going there as an undergraduate until I found out it was in that 3rd tier city) right in the middle Philly. So of course he is a E-gals fan now....will not kill him ...will not. His wife even offered to help me put in a doctoral application for a PhD in psych there....I thanked her but did not have the heart to tell her that I would cut my heart out and feed it to wolves before moving to Philly. Told her I would be applying to NYU (where I got my MSW) instead for a PhD in clinical social work (3 years as opposed to 7 years for the psych PhD) and pretty much the same thing for all intents and purposes. My brother in law was a retired Air Force pilot (he died of kidney failure a few years back) and he was a fellow traveler in terms of devotion/love/worship of Big Blue. He loathed the 69'ers and Broke Backs with an equal passion and zeal to mine and the rest of my brothers and sisters here at SportsWrath. I know he is attempting to consign all 69'er and Broke Back fans to the outer reaches of Heaven until they renounce their apostasy. :worshippy:

I remember screaming "Get somebody to help Sehorn!" Meanwhile, I was watching Sehorn looking over to the sidelines with this expression like "Why are you doing this to me?"

This has been a looonnnggg 6 years.

Yeah fishgut...I remember that same look...almost like the one my oldest daughter gave me when I left her in in pre-school a few years back. As if I had abandoned her forever. :P Was Fox still there or had he left by this time and Lynn was the DC?

Yeah fishgut...I remember that same look...almost like the one my oldest daughter gave me when I left her in in pre-school a few years back. As if I had abandoned her forever. :P Was Fox still there or had he left by this time and Lynn was the DC?

unfortunately, Fox left after the Super Bowl.

unfortunately, Fox left after the Super Bowl.

Thank God...can you imagine Fox being connected to a debacle like this? But then again if he were there that shit would have been diagnosed before the second touchdown pass by Jeff "Get in Touch with your Inner Broke Back" Garcia.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about...

But this is a sad day for me though. 4 Years ago (as told by my wife) I tried killing myself by cutting my risks. All I remember is waking up 4 days later and Amy telling me "It's going to be OK Honey!" Can really remeber why I tried killing myself that day. All I can remember is feeling great one minute, and then, feeling depressed an hour later.

Cutting your risks is a hard way to go.

Seriously though, how does someone get to a point where death is an attractive alternative? Baffles me.