SportsWrath

3rd and 1

mickeef2

Give the ball to Jacobs time and time again when everybody in the building knows he's getting the ball, then helplessly watch him get stuffed for no gain. Then, with a 17 point lead and the clock your only enemy in the 4th quarter, you throw it laterally to a guy who's been sitting most of the season, when you should have been more than happy to get stuffed at the line, just to keep the clock running. You can't make this stuff up, folks.

It's the same shit as last year. We did the same thing with Jacobs.

The play calling was better today. I'll hand it to them there. I was worried that after the big TD catch by Plax, Eli would get addicted to throwing it up and throwing it deep like he did during the Dallas game. Luckily that wasn't the case.

He's still too erratic, but he's getting better.

Osi was a menace today when he was on the field. It seems like we are always a split second away from sacking the QB. We should start to send that extra LB or S on the blitz.

It's the same shit as last year. We did the same thing with Jacobs.

The play calling was better today. I'll hand it to them there. I was worried that after the big TD catch by Plax, Eli would get addicted to throwing it up and throwing it deep like he did during the Dallas game. Luckily that wasn't the case.

He's still too erratic, but he's getting better.

Osi was a menace today when he was on the field. It seems like we are always a split second away from sacking the QB. We should start to send that extra LB or S on the blitz.

the play calling was way better today. hats off for going for it twice on 4-1 although we only made a field goal. seriously jacobs is our best option on 3-1 up the middle. its just carolina is not the kind of defense that that works on. people scream to give it to jacobs more and they do and yall just bitch fuck off. its not your fault our coaches dont understand that hes only good that way in certain situations. on another note im glad they got it to shockey early. first pass play to be exact. maybe TC sees that the end is near.

I give props to the coaching staff for giving it to Jacobs on third and one a few times today.

I take props from Jacobs for running like Ron Dayne the last three weeks. :TD:

Well I can't blame jacobs...Caroline knew what was coming and they were ready. I still don't understand some of these playcalling...its like they are thinking too much and are outsmarting themselves. :blink:

You ever do that...? On a test you get 4 answers and it is an easy question but you think its a trick question and just start thinking too much about it and then you pick the wrong answer when the most obvious answer is the right one....Huf seems to be that kind of a guy.

I also like that Shockey is getting the ball more...but, he just isn't making the long runs anymore or running deep routes. Hufnagel is still not using him correctly...yes he's a good blocker, but christ lt him gash some secondaries.

Well I can't blame jacobs...Caroline knew what was coming and they were ready. I still don't understand some of these playcalling...its like they are thinking too much and are outsmarting themselves. :blink:

You ever do that...? On a test you get 4 answers and it is an easy question but you think its a trick question and just start thinking too much about it and then you pick the wrong answer when the most obvious answer is the right one....Huf seems to be that kind of a guy.

He needs a decent "phone a friend" lifeline.

I also like that Shockey is getting the ball more...but, he just isn't making the long runs anymore or running deep routes. Hufnagel is still not using him correctly...yes he's a good blocker, but christ lt him gash some secondaries.

that one pass over the middle was nice, when SHockey went 25 yards down to the 10 of carolina.

I loved that third down play where Shockey went up the seam and Eli threw a strike and we got to their 13 yard line. That was my favorite throw/play of the game.

That's what we need to do more of.